Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-05-2012, 08:50 PM
shehari

Meditation against fear...

I think I once asked for advice here... but I will do again..

I have been suffering with depression for so many years.. I dont know if it can be called depression.. when I look back, my continous dark state of mind begins with situations where I fear criticism/ what others think of me/ What could happen in the future/ Or if I have to face something where I have done something wrong and I alone have to take responsibility.

Most of these fears/insecurities happen even while communicating with other people...

How can I stop this circle of fear? Is there any special meditation technique...

THANK YOU
Old 21-05-2012, 07:47 PM
shehari

Too bad no answers... :(
Old 21-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Quintessence

Honestly, simply doing meditations to make you mindful of the RIGHT NOW will help with this. You're spending too much time ruminating about "what if's" of the future or the past. Do meditations that focus you on the RIGHT NOW. Do a search for "mindfulness meditation" and you should find some resources (probably from Buddhist traditions as this is where the concept comes from).
Old 21-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehari
I think I once asked for advice here... but I will do again..

I have been suffering with depression for so many years.. I dont know if it can be called depression.. when I look back, my continous dark state of mind begins with situations where I fear criticism/ what others think of me/ What could happen in the future/ Or if I have to face something where I have done something wrong and I alone have to take responsibility.

Most of these fears/insecurities happen even while communicating with other people...

How can I stop this circle of fear? Is there any special meditation technique...

THANK YOU

Meditation is a good tool, but also the type of practice is important. I agree with what quint says... 'mindfulness meditations'.

One has to be careful though, there are a lot of empty promises being made by pretentious 'teachers' who seek adulation for themselves or will charge you excessive fees.

Please see this site... it's quite reasonable.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/mind...Meditation.htm
Old 21-05-2012, 11:46 PM
I was thinking not meditation, but prayer and affirmations... samples:

''Lord, show me Who You are so that I can know I am protected and all is fine...
Give me Your Wisdom and Clarity so I can be confident and live happily as I know You want me to live." (8 xs a day)

"I am always fine no matter what the situation because I sit in my Father's lap -
He is taking care of me and dwells in me and in all around me."

(Say 10 times a day)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-05-2012, 09:38 PM
CupcakeQueen

I always find that by meditating you're always able to have that time to reflect on yourself and the things that you might/might not do.

It's a great way to discover "who you really are" and what you "really want" out of this life...

I use guided meditation as I am only a beginner, but I can assure you that it does work and the results are impeccable.
Old 29-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Master
shehari... There are effective energy healing methods for releasing difficult issues such as fear and depression. Some that I often recommend are:

MIR-Method - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29467

The Healing Code - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31115

EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Old 29-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

Please REMEMBER when posting meditation suggestions and the like that we are NOT in any way able to truly know what is best for someone. The best of the best help honestly comes from the face to face support groups that are out there. When it comes to the more serious issues like conditions that seeminly have gone on for year's one truly needs (and I know his from personal experience) find that support group. There are many good FREE meditiation classes and free support groups.

I know well that dark place while its rare for me to go into that place I still on a fairly regular basis go to an Alanon Meeting ( as I had a mate with issues with the drink and I have three kids post teen ) its more too than just drinking issues we discuss. Its free and its supportive.

We try so much alone when we truly need that little bit of help where there is a person attached to things we need. Many times it is too just reaching out to someoene to talk to about what is going on in life and seeing one is not so alone. I am here for that if one wants some ear's. I be no councellor but I listen well.

Lynn
Old 29-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Please REMEMBER when posting meditation suggestions and the like that we are NOT in any way able to truly know what is best for someone. The best of the best help honestly comes from the face to face support groups that are out there. When it comes to the more serious issues like conditions that seeminly have gone on for year's one truly needs (and I know his from personal experience) find that support group. There are many good FREE meditiation classes and free support groups.

I know well that dark place while its rare for me to go into that place I still on a fairly regular basis go to an Alanon Meeting ( as I had a mate with issues with the drink and I have three kids post teen ) its more too than just drinking issues we discuss. Its free and its supportive.

We try so much alone when we truly need that little bit of help where there is a person attached to things we need. Many times it is too just reaching out to someoene to talk to about what is going on in life and seeing one is not so alone. I am here for that if one wants some ear's. I be no councellor but I listen well.

Lynn
You have been added to my prayers Lynn.
Old 29-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
You have been added to my prayers Lynn.

Hello

Awww thanks.....really the path in life that I have travelled made me WHOM I am today and that is a strong and independent person....I too well KNOW that we all need to be remined at times of where life was. Keeps us on stable grounds and keeps us humble in the compassions for other's in lifes struggles.

I have faced the fear's but I know well that fear too hides....so we keep watch for it.

Lynn