Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Experiencer
A technique that can work if you try!

I've been reading a lot here some have been trying and trying without success on an OOBE. Either the method they use is too difficult or too abstract to do. One of the chief reasons why one cannot accomplish this is because of imagination. This is one concept that is a common thread in my readings and underlies the different systems. It is quite simple actually. Imagination is why little kids can do it easier than grownups. Imagination is a belief and is the start to realizing that is is YOU that is doing it. It's all about your experience and your understanding how things get created so why not imagine it happening?

Here is what I do when I get in a jam: I find a comfortable space with walls and a roof line. Call these 'anchor points' if you'd like to put a term or concept to this. Now go to one of those corner points above you. This would be where a wall meets with the ceiling or roof. Now imagine that you are there and you are looking down on yourself. I know that may sound weird but just try it. At first, you'll have a rush of emotions and different thoughts running around in your head but that is expected for a bit until you get comfortable to the idea. As you continue to do this they will all melt away and you'll be able to focus clearly and realize that you can do it from any point. Once all the considerations melt away you'll begin to know that it is YOU at that point and your point of reference has now shifted. This is my Lesson 1 I guess!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Boom

Does this require you to try AP with your eyes open then?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom
Does this require you to try AP with your eyes open then?

Not at all. Having your eyes open or closed is not a requirement.

One further note about this: As you become more sensitive to the things around you, you'll be able to change points of references during your day-to-day activities. I strive for understanding and clarity so I can move on as I see fit.
Old 13-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Caityaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontufuto
I've been reading a lot here some have been trying and trying without success on an OOBE. Either the method they use is too difficult or too abstract to do. One of the chief reasons why one cannot accomplish this is because of imagination. This is one concept that is a common thread in my readings and underlies the different systems. It is quite simple actually. Imagination is why little kids can do it easier than grownups. Imagination is a belief and is the start to realizing that is is YOU that is doing it. It's all about your experience and your understanding how things get created so why not imagine it happening?

Here is what I do when I get in a jam: I find a comfortable space with walls and a roof line. Call these 'anchor points' if you'd like to put a term or concept to this. Now go to one of those corner points above you. This would be where a wall meets with the ceiling or roof. Now imagine that you are there and you are looking down on yourself. I know that may sound weird but just try it. At first, you'll have a rush of emotions and different thoughts running around in your head but that is expected for a bit until you get comfortable to the idea. As you continue to do this they will all melt away and you'll be able to focus clearly and realize that you can do it from any point. Once all the considerations melt away you'll begin to know that it is YOU at that point and your point of reference has now shifted. This is my Lesson 1 I guess!

I am all new to the AP, I suppose, but it has been an underlaying interest for some time. This lesson gives inspiration. Thank you!
Old 13-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caityaka
I am all new to the AP, I suppose, but it has been an underlaying interest for some time. This lesson gives inspiration. Thank you!

You are welcome!

Here is some additional information to realize: Imagination is just the first step or pre-step. It is like grease on the wheels. It helps move things along. Imagination is a 'like concept' into what you'll actually be doing in that it provides that 'shift' that is needed when you do actually do it! Imagination is the closest concept I can come up with to provide the groundwork for the effectual perception(s).

Hope this helps!
Old 14-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Caityaka

Quote:
You are welcome!

Here is some additional information to realize: Imagination is just the first step or pre-step. It is like grease on the wheels. It helps move things along. Imagination is a 'like concept' into what you'll actually be doing in that it provides that 'shift' that is needed when you do actually do it! Imagination is the closest concept I can come up with to provide the groundwork for the effectual perception(s).

Hope this helps!

Think I get what you mean. Let's see!
Old 14-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caityaka
Think I get what you mean. Let's see!

Something else to ponder about this endevour you may be subscribing to: The points do not have to be real. You can create them as easy as you see them with your physical eyes. An example would help: I created some of my own space and parked myself at a 'vantage point'...a 'point of view' spot. There was nothing physical about this creation. I created it out of thin air! Anyone should be able to do this and not rest on a tangible sub-set of the world we live in. Once that point is established, you are on your own to experience the wonderful multi-verse we live in!
Old 14-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Caityaka

Quote:
Something else to ponder about this endevour you may be subscribing to: The points do not have to be real. You can create them as easy as you see them with your physical eyes. An example would help: I created some of my own space and parked myself at a 'vantage point'...a 'point of view' spot. There was nothing physical about this creation. I created it out of thin air! Anyone should be able to do this and not rest on a tangible sub-set of the world we live in. Once that point is established, you are on your own to experience the wonderful multi-verse we live in!

Thank you for sharing! Sounds reasonable.
Old 15-04-2011, 02:25 AM
surrendertotheflow

What an amazing way to help people understand! I've never tried AP, but I've always found it amazing, and always had a strong belief that it is possible! Of course, now a days, i know ANYTHING is possible. But even before I had mustered that much faith, I believed in AP. This gives me even more faith to try!! Thanks very much, I will update if I experience anything wonderful :)

Peace. Love. and Light :)
Old 15-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
What an amazing way to help people understand! I've never tried AP, but I've always found it amazing, and always had a strong belief that it is possible! Of course, now a days, i know ANYTHING is possible. But even before I had mustered that much faith, I believed in AP. This gives me even more faith to try!! Thanks very much, I will update if I experience anything wonderful :)

Peace. Love. and Light :)

Thank you kindly!