Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 15-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Master
crystals for confidence and self esteem

How long do you hold on to a crystal or keep it with you if it does not work? I want to start using a crystal but if i dont feel it's energy at first how long before i stop using it as it's not likely connecting to me?

How many crystal can you use at one time for different uses?what are the cons of using more than one crystal??

I am going to try these crystals for confidence and self esteem and grounding my energy: rose quartz, sunstone, black tourmaline and obsidian and put selenite in the for good measure. Want to use labradorite but don't know if it will help for confidence. Can i use all them at the same time.
Old 16-05-2016, 03:35 AM
Experiencer
There are a few different questions going on, and a lot of the answers to them will involve intuition. Regarding how long to keep a crystal, that will depend. Crystals will draw attention from their owner when their specific energy is needed. That can mean they appear dormant or not very reactive even though they still have a benefit to give. For example, if someone is drawn to rose quartz during a heartbreak, it's because they need the energy of love. They may recover from the heartbreak and find the stone no longer draws their eye, and they put it away for a while. Later on, if they go through another heartbreak, they may find themselves again drawn to the stone. So non-reaction alone isn't a good judge of whether or not to keep a crystal. What will be is intuition. If you feel very disconnected from a crystal and can visualize giving the crystal away without a sense of loss, it's likely time for it to move on. There are a few times where crystals will call to someone to use them as a middle man. For example, if someone who works at an office is the only one who has access to a crystal store, they may be drawn to a specific crystal. A couple days later they feel detached from it, and are inspired to give it to a coworker. The crystal was doing what it needed to get to where it wanted to go.

You can use as many crystals as feels right, and the only downside I have found to using multiple crystals at the same time comes from having all or most of them dedicated to a single thing. Meaning, if I have seven red crystals for confidence, they'll start to fuel just my base chakra. If I don't have something to balance them out - like a green stone to allow my heart to determine my actions and a purple or white stone to keep me in contact with the spirits - I can become irritable, aggressive, and feel disconnected from the spirit world. Another benefit from this is that many times an issue is multi-layered, involving more than one chakra or energy body. In the case of confidence and self-esteem - something I also struggle with and use crystals with - I have found that it helps to have a red or base chakra stone to help release fear and give courage to speak up, a yellow or sacral or solar plexus chakra stone to help recover the energy lost and strengthen the sense of self, a green or heart chakra stone to help heal the emotional pain and ensure my heart is what I speak from, and a purple or crown chakra stone to help me maintain an awareness of my spirit guides who help me remember that these experiences are only temporary.

Based on your layout, I would say you've got a pretty balanced and effective mix. Labradorite would be a good addition, don't worry about whether or not you feel it will directly help confidence. It can help you smoothly integrate what you're learning about confidence, which is just as important. The biggest thing for this, and for any crystal pairing, is to listen to your intuition. Some crystals don't resonate well with each other, and you'll get an odd feeling - like something isn't quite right - if you put two incompatible ones too close together. If you find two are incompatible but still feel drawn to carry them both, you can try putting one in one pocket and the other in the pocket of the other side. Or experiment with having one as a necklace, one as a ring, etc. And just as there are ones who aren't compatible, there are ones that work very well together. I have one clear quartz which is paired with a Moldavite, and the two practically feel like soulmates. My obsidian ball, on the other hand, likes to stand alone.

On some days you'll probably notice that certain crystals you use often don't feel as energetic as they usually do, despite your being drawn to them. It's not uncommon for crystals to need time off, especially ones that are frequently exposed to the public and others' energies. If you feel your crystals need to break - a day usually is enough for mine - give them that.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 16-05-2016, 05:12 AM
Master

Very good advice by Crystal Ambassador.
Anthony c, I get the feeling that you might benefit from labradorite and also from certain grey stones right now.
Old 16-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Experiencer
Thank you, Moonincancer. For elaboration, I assume that by "grey stones" you mean Hematite, Smoky Quartz, Galena, that sort of thing?
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 16-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Master
That sounds like great advice Crystal Ambassador.

I am going to try Labradorite, Aquamarine and sunstone during the day and rose quartz and quartz crystals under my pillow and see how it goes from there. Maybe i should put red Jasper in there for good measure and then i should have a well balanced mix of crystal. Giving them 1 -2 weeks to help.

Moonincancer i use smokey quartz to ground me after meditation. Any reason you say grey crystals, like your intuition tell you that??

Also had a great meditation with amethyst cluster just amazing and my favorite crystal i have
Old 16-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Master
double post sorry
Old 17-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Master
In addition to Crystal Ambassador's post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
How long do you hold on to a crystal or keep it with you if it does not work? I want to start using a crystal but if i dont feel it's energy at first how long before i stop using it as it's not likely connecting to me?
If you don't feel them, it doesn't mean they don't work for you or are wrong for you. Maybe you simply can't feel them.
Also, if you can't feel them anymore, your system has adjusted to their vibration, which is a good thing!

Quote:
How many crystal can you use at one time for different uses?what are the cons of using more than one crystal??
They can interfere with one another, cancel each other out. Which makes using them pointless.

Quote:
I am going to try these crystals for confidence and self esteem and grounding my energy: rose quartz, sunstone, black tourmaline and obsidian and put selenite in the for good measure. Want to use labradorite but don't know if it will help for confidence. Can i use all them at the same time.
I feel sunstone is too subtle. It's a very gentle stone, will take a longer time to feel its effect. For me, when I have a need to boost confidence and self-esteem, I need something far more powerful, something that works faster, as in right away.
Citrine will do that, esp. the not-natural citrine (the most common ones you can buy, you hardly ever find natural citrine). They work a treat if you need a confidence boost!
Also golden beryl (heliodore). Works faster and is quite strong too.
Golden healer will do the trick too, esp if it has lots of yellow and red/brown.

I wouldn't use both black tourmaline and obsidian. Overkill. And black obsidian may stir up things in you that you do not want when you're trying to boost confidence. It's a very strong stone, many can't even handle it.

Quartz crystals under your pillow? That might keep you awake ... don't do that! Clear quartz crystals shouldn't be kept in the bedroom, esp not near the head. If you insist on having it in the bedroom, put it near your feet. (below, as in in front of your bed)

Don't add too many stones to what you got. And don't swap them like you're saying. Your system will go noodle doodle. Stick to the ones you've chosen, but don't take them into the bedroom. Your system will need a rest, which is what you do at night. You don't want to use 'speed' 24/7 now, do you?! When you're sleeping you don't need a confidence boost. And your crystals need a rest too, so brilliant to not take them with you into the bedroom.
What you've described in your last posting, you're using way too many different crystals in too short a time. They got totally different workings and won't do you no good at all. Choose 1-3 crystals for self-esteem / confidence issue and stick to those for a while. Otherwise it's like going to the doctor's for a flu, and taking 10 different types of medication to get rid of it. The medication might make you more ill than the flu did ... You wouldn't want that!
Just have faith in the crystals you're using, even if they don't seem to work within the hour or day. Self-esteem issues take time and crystals aren't miracle workers. They can help and support, and that's it. The rest is up to you. The reason you got these issues cannot be removed by the crystals, you got to work that out yourself. The crystals will help you with it.
Learning to trust the crystals might be a good Nr1 step with your confidence and self-esteem issue.

Labradorite ... you would only use that if you feel others are draining your energy, or if your aura isn't strong or has holes in it. It won't help with your self-esteem issue. It's mostly used to help keep your aura strong.
If you want a stone that does both that AND helps self-confidence, go for tiger eye. But then do NOT use citrine and/or sunstone and/or golden heliodore too. Just the tiger eye. Quite the larger tumble.

Good luck
Old 17-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
In addition to Crystal Ambassador's post...

If you don't feel them, it doesn't mean they don't work for you or are wrong for you. Maybe you simply can't feel them.
Also, if you can't feel them anymore, your system has adjusted to their vibration, which is a good thing!

They can interfere with one another, cancel each other out. Which makes using them pointless.

I feel sunstone is too subtle. It's a very gentle stone, will take a longer time to feel its effect. For me, when I have a need to boost confidence and self-esteem, I need something far more powerful, something that works faster, as in right away.
Citrine will do that, esp. the not-natural citrine (the most common ones you can buy, you hardly ever find natural citrine). They work a treat if you need a confidence boost!
Also golden beryl (heliodore). Works faster and is quite strong too.
Golden healer will do the trick too, esp if it has lots of yellow and red/brown.

I wouldn't use both black tourmaline and obsidian. Overkill. And black obsidian may stir up things in you that you do not want when you're trying to boost confidence. It's a very strong stone, many can't even handle it.

Quartz crystals under your pillow? That might keep you awake ... don't do that! Clear quartz crystals shouldn't be kept in the bedroom, esp not near the head. If you insist on having it in the bedroom, put it near your feet. (below, as in in front of your bed)

Don't add too many stones to what you got. And don't swap them like you're saying. Your system will go noodle doodle. Stick to the ones you've chosen, but don't take them into the bedroom. Your system will need a rest, which is what you do at night. You don't want to use 'speed' 24/7 now, do you?! When you're sleeping you don't need a confidence boost. And your crystals need a rest too, so brilliant to not take them with you into the bedroom.
What you've described in your last posting, you're using way too many different crystals in too short a time. They got totally different workings and won't do you no good at all. Choose 1-3 crystals for self-esteem / confidence issue and stick to those for a while. Otherwise it's like going to the doctor's for a flu, and taking 10 different types of medication to get rid of it. The medication might make you more ill than the flu did ... You wouldn't want that!
Just have faith in the crystals you're using, even if they don't seem to work within the hour or day. Self-esteem issues take time and crystals aren't miracle workers. They can help and support, and that's it. The rest is up to you. The reason you got these issues cannot be removed by the crystals, you got to work that out yourself. The crystals will help you with it.
Learning to trust the crystals might be a good Nr1 step with your confidence and self-esteem issue.

Labradorite ... you would only use that if you feel others are draining your energy, or if your aura isn't strong or has holes in it. It won't help with your self-esteem issue. It's mostly used to help keep your aura strong.
If you want a stone that does both that AND helps self-confidence, go for tiger eye. But then do NOT use citrine and/or sunstone and/or golden heliodore too. Just the tiger eye. Quite the larger tumble.

Good luck

I was a bit uncomfortable using all those crystals but i thought one works with third eye, one for throat, solar plexus and one for root that i feel have to do with fear, confidence and communication. All problems i have but i feel your right might not work together. I know crystals are not miracle workers but need there support right now.

Could you please let me know what of these crystals will work better for confidence cause i don't have all those crystals so will give you an list what i have? I think my aura is strong and no holes in it but would not really know.

Got citrine but it is heat treated, an Aqua aqua skull but it's blue and should have gold in what i read online but you dont see any, aquemarine, 2 rough pieces of tiger eye and a point pendant. sounds like it's between the tiger eye and citrine.

Aqua aqua is almost like golden beryl so not sure. Wont take them to bed no more :) also what about Jed jasper for courage?? could they work with citrine or tiger eye??

Need something strong and fast got to get my confidence up as going to have face my fears unfortunately if i want to or not.

Thank you so much.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
I was a bit uncomfortable using all those crystals but i thought one works with third eye, one for throat, solar plexus and one for root that i feel have to do with fear, confidence and communication. All problems i have but i feel your right might not work together. I know crystals are not miracle workers but need there support right now.

Could you please let me know what of these crystals will work better for confidence cause i don't have all those crystals so will give you an list what i have? I think my aura is strong and no holes in it but would not really know.

Got citrine but it is heat treated, an Aqua aqua skull but it's blue and should have gold in what i read online but you dont see any, aquemarine, 2 rough pieces of tiger eye and a point pendant. sounds like it's between the tiger eye and citrine.

Aqua aqua is almost like golden beryl so not sure. Wont take them to bed no more :) also what about Jed jasper for courage?? could they work with citrine or tiger eye??

Need something strong and fast got to get my confidence up as going to have face my fears unfortunately if i want to or not.

Thank you so much.
Aquamarine is also beryl (blue beryl), like golden beryl, only aquamarine works on the throat, golden beryl (heliodore) works on 3rd chakra. So yes, both beryls, but work on different things. (morganite is pink beryl, works on the heart. Emerald is green beryl, works on the heart too. So there's more than one type of beryl. There's also red and white beryl, lol.)

Anyways, heat treated citrine is great, that's what I said, natural citrine works slightly different, and for confidence boost, heat treated citrine is better, stronger, faster.

I didn't think you have problems with your aura, that's why I suggested you shouldn't use the labradorite. That's just another crystal added to the already large amount you were using. So leave that out of the equation for now.

Aqua Aura is blue because of the gold they've used. The process makes the otherwise clear crystal turn blue with iridescent rainbows.
Aqua Aura is great to use for fears & phobias, it's soothing, calming, helps expressing, releasing fear & anxiety etc.
It also resonates really well with citrine, which helps with fear, confidence, negativity etc. etc.
Aqua Aura ombined with citrine, I think you might have a truly wonderful combination there!
I'd try to wear the aqua aura near the throat and the citrine closer to the solar plexus, so they're near the appropriate chakra.

I would not keep the citrine in the bedroom. It can make you restless during sleep. It is typically not a good 'bedroom crystal'. If you want something in the bedroom, just go for amethyst or rose quartz or selenite, no need to stick them under your pillow, just having them in the bedroom is enough. Not all three of them, one of 'em if you got them. Personally I'd go for selenite in the bedroom if you want to have a crystal there and if you got that.
Wear the other two (citrine & aqua aura) during the day.
Of course you only do this if it resonates with you!

Old 18-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Aquamarine is also beryl (blue beryl), like golden beryl, only aquamarine works on the throat, golden beryl (heliodore) works on 3rd chakra. So yes, both beryls, but work on different things. (morganite is pink beryl, works on the heart. Emerald is green beryl, works on the heart too. So there's more than one type of beryl. There's also red and white beryl, lol.)

Anyways, heat treated citrine is great, that's what I said, natural citrine works slightly different, and for confidence boost, heat treated citrine is better, stronger, faster.

I didn't think you have problems with your aura, that's why I suggested you shouldn't use the labradorite. That's just another crystal added to the already large amount you were using. So leave that out of the equation for now.

Aqua Aura is blue because of the gold they've used. The process makes the otherwise clear crystal turn blue with iridescent rainbows.
Aqua Aura is great to use for fears & phobias, it's soothing, calming, helps expressing, releasing fear & anxiety etc.
It also resonates really well with citrine, which helps with fear, confidence, negativity etc. etc.
Aqua Aura ombined with citrine, I think you might have a truly wonderful combination there!
I'd try to wear the aqua aura near the throat and the citrine closer to the solar plexus, so they're near the appropriate chakra.

I would not keep the citrine in the bedroom. It can make you restless during sleep. It is typically not a good 'bedroom crystal'. If you want something in the bedroom, just go for amethyst or rose quartz or selenite, no need to stick them under your pillow, just having them in the bedroom is enough. Not all three of them, one of 'em if you got them. Personally I'd go for selenite in the bedroom if you want to have a crystal there and if you got that.
Wear the other two (citrine & aqua aura) during the day.
Of course you only do this if it resonates with you!

Thanks will give it a try...

Got 2 big selenite sticks will keep them by my bed side.