Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Sharpie

Is there a big difference between natural grown and lab created?

I'm on ebay trying to find a ring. However, I've taken note that every ring I found is "Lab Created". Is lab created still the actual stone?
Old 24-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie
I'm on ebay trying to find a ring. However, I've taken note that every ring I found is "Lab Created". Is lab created still the actual stone?

Usually. It just means there is a lab/manufacturing process that simulates the same conditions that would have created the stone in nature.

Here is a page on synthetic diamonds that might give you some basic information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond
Old 24-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Sharpie

Hmm...just took a quick glance. It didn't seem to mention anything about it's attributes. I mean will a lab created gem still carry the same attributes as a natural stone?
Old 24-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Sungirl

imho a lab grown crystal is visually beautiful but has very little real energy.

Crystals gain there energy from mother earth, from the energies of the land. Very much like people living in different countries have different teachings, philosophies, languages, etc.

A lab grown crystal could have the vibration of the chemicals it is made of but not much else.

I have a lab grown quartz dt. I bought it before I learnt about stone spirits and used to use it for back breaks.

It's now in the back of my glass cabinet and I have forgotten all about it. It has no sense of personality, there is "no-one there".

Imho if you are buying it because it is visually beautiful then by all means buy it.. but if you want it for healing properties I would look for a naturally grown stone. I am sure there are other stone spirits that would love to work with you that are completely natural.
Old 24-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Sharpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
imho a lab grown crystal is visually beautiful but has very little real energy.

Crystals gain there energy from mother earth, from the energies of the land. Very much like people living in different countries have different teachings, philosophies, languages, etc.

That's what I thought. I'd love to find a decent-to-low priced actual gem but they can get very pricey :/ However it will be worth it.

Do you know a good site to get them from? Ebay doesn't really do me well for rings and that's my main focus right now as I like to always wear my stones. It makes me feel much closer to them. I'd keep them in my pockets but they seem to escape me when I keep them there...
Old 24-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Sungirl

I tend to adopt from my local shops and go for tumble stones or raw points. If I'm worried about losing them then I put them in a pouch and tie them to the belt loops on my jeans or put them in a pouch round my neck. I have a couple of silver cages that I wear on a chain too. There are quite a few of those on ebay.

There is a guy called Flabster on ebay that sells crystals that I have had recommended to me from a guy I trust implicitly. But he doesn't sell jewellery as far as I know.

The thing about jewellery is most crystals are not robust enough to be worn, particularly in rings. The reason things like diamonds and rubies are expensive is because they are HARD so can be put in jewellery. That means you are limited with the number of stones you can work with if you can only have them in rings.

The beautiful Fluorite spirit would never be put in a ring as it would lose it's shine very quickly because it is soft.

It's up to you how you work with stones but imho I would look at other ways of interacting with them otherwise you are limiting yourself.

Another option is ignore the concept of size. If you really want to work with diamond then buy a ring with a small diamond in it... same goes for rubies, emeralds etc. The size of the stone is immaterial as the stone spirit is multi-dimensional and not limited to it's physical appearance... just like us ;)
Old 24-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Scibat

You were asking about lab grown crystals in a metaphysical sense. No idea, I don't know anything about crystals in that regard. I'm more of a science kind of person, however check for rock and mineral shows in your area. Just had one in mine and they had an amazing selection of natural stones and crystals as well as some lab grown stuff (Got a really nice bismuth for myself).
Old 25-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Sharpie

tilia: I only prefer rings and pendants because they are much harder to lose. I seem to have the bad habit of losing them. Either in my room, or they somehow fall out of my pocket :/ However I shall check your recommended ebay page :>

Scibat: My region sucks for things like this as I walk everywhere. I just checked online now and sadly...the nearest one way two cities away...there is roughly one or two shops nearby but take a great distance to walk. One is just a head shop, with some stones. It's where I've gotten the few I have. The other one has odd times and is miles away :/
Old 25-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Master
I've felt lab created gems and I don't have or feel the energy quite as much as a world made gem/crystal whatever.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Sharpie

Hmm...well in that case, it's probably best I go find a real one. I'm thinking of buying my birthstone(recorded by consumerism lol) for my left hand and I think my father's birthstone on my right hand. Peridot and Turquoise lol