Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 25-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Shining Star

Angel1 FRUGIVORA & HERBIVORA ~ CARNIVORA & OMNIVORA

FRUGIVORA & HERBIVORA (VEGETARIAN)
CARNIVORA & OMNIVORA (FLESH-EATERS)

Humans belong to the Order of Mammalia, i.e. we are creatures whose mothers suckle their young with milk, a peculiarity we share with horses, monkeys, whales, cows and sheep among others.
This Order is subdivided into four main groups - the Carnivora and Omnivora (flesh eaters): and the Herbivora and Frugivora (vegetarian). It should be borne in mind that an animal is not classed by observing its eating habits, but by its anatomy. And the same applies to human beings.
Biologists - and doctors - may, to further their own flesh-eating habits, deny this, but their textbooks state otherwise.
The Carnivore all have a short bowel - only three times bodily length - to enable rapidly decomposing substances to be speedily ejected; sharp, pointed teeth and retractable claws; jaws which open and shut upwards and downwards; acid saliva and no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest starches; ten times more hydrochloric acid than humans to dissolve tough animal tissue, bone etc.
In marked contrast, the Frugivora have a bowel twelve times bodily length; are not equipped to kill living prey; jaws have lateral motion for chewing; well developed salivary glands providing alkaline saliva and abundant ferment ptyalin for digesting starches; flat back molar teeth for grinding; liquids are taken by suction through teeth, not by lapping.
Those then, are some of the main characteristics of flesh-eaters and vegetarians. Under no circumstances could Man be classed a Carnivore. The fact that from time to time he has tried to turn Omnivorous in habit does not mean he has succeeded. He is, from the anatomical point of view, a Frugivore.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:49 AM
DebbyM

Those are some interesting points you've brought out Shining Star. I was aware of these differences previously, but you've laid them out in a very readable fashion. Thanks for doing that.

As for my own point of view, I think that I'm moving towards a place where the physiological differences between the species is of little importance. I'm more interested in the spiritual differences that have moved me through this life to the place where I'm trying to eschew the effects of violence in my life and that includes my diet. It also means that where I used to give free rein to my anger against those who cause hurt to children, women and animals and even men, I'm coming to a state of mind that accepts that I cannot divorce myself from them because we are all one, all part of the same Source. That doesn't mean that I accept the abuses, not at all, but it does mean that rather than raging anger, I'm often filled with a deep and abiding sorrow.

Last edited by DebbyM : 25-09-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 25-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Shining Star

Thank you for your lovely reply and kind words dear Debby... It is true that we are all ONE...

"We did not weave the web of life.
We are merely a strand in it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves."