Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-10-2022, 03:43 PM
Pathfinder

Do you ever really know if you've done "the right thing."

Hi everyone. I've been pondering this lately but I don't think there really is a "right thing" since everyone can't seem to universally agree on what that is.
You might do what you think you "should" be doing only to end up unfulfilled. On the other hand you could be doing what is most fulfilling but be getting no approval from others whatsoever.
This makes me wonder does anyone ever really know if they've done or are doing "the right thing?"
Old 09-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
This makes me wonder does anyone ever really know if they've done or are doing "the right thing?"
I love this question and am interested in what will be said. In the same question let it apply to you not someone else. It is easy when it is about others. Here is something seen everyday. Is it ok to harm another person, would that be right to you or would you object? Based on experience are we learning. Based on experience is understanding why. You acquire knowledge through experience. There is that which (I think) I would not do in any case nor spiritually should not imo do but are to do the opposite of emotion. Here to learn!
Old 09-10-2022, 06:19 PM
Master

We can feel good about something we have done as an indication of us having done the right thing, but people also feel good about dastardly deeds which they have done. Whether we feel we have done the right thing or not depends on our internal compass, our values, and the motivation behind what we have done.

Right and wrong are not absolutes, they are often situational. Now there are things that are unquestionably wrong but are there things that are unquestionable right? Good intentions sometimes turn out badly, but as the saying goes, “it is the thought that counts.” Even so, a person can be held legally liable for good intentions that went astray and caused damage or offense.

The right thing is determined by the conscience of the individual. If a person has an undeveloped social conscience, lacking empathy, or sympathy, then their values of right and wrong may be askew. Nonetheless, sometimes doing the wrong thing is the right thing to do. Helping a person may seem right but making them overly dependent on you may be wrong.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:59 PM
asearcher

yes we do right at the moment that it is right for us but later as we change we can look at it from a different view. some people never change their view but that may not be that what they did was right, only that they have not grown in one aspect. there are many perspectives on what is right and usually being get locked up in one perspective and can't welcome any other view. sometimes it takes time, that's all. to summon it we do right at the very moment when we are what we are, just my 2 cents on it.When we know better we do better. all of our feelings and physical symptoms are here to guide us but sometimes they can point at something else too so one has to be aware of that too. Complicated, LOL.
Old 09-10-2022, 10:30 PM
Master
Maybe stop looking for others' approval.

As for the rest, it has much to do with trusting yourself and your intuition, your gut.
Like Abraham Hicks says, as an example that seems utterly different but is not: if you are in a restaurant and choose to eat lambs rack, do you then fuss over not eating the bavette steak or fish? Or the fries next door? Or do you make your choice of lamb's rack and enjoy it?

How to know it's right... if you don't trust yourself and don't listen to your intuition.
Restaurant example... the thought of eating spaghetti doesn't make your mouth water, the thought makes you feel a bit sick. Yet you order the spaghetti nonetheless.
If you trust your gut and listen to your body & intuition you'd have ordered something else. If you do that, you won't regret your choice & decision.

What you can do if something turns out to not be fulfilling is look back to find out what you didn't heed. Which signs were there that you neglected?
That's how you fine-tune your intuition and become better at making the right choices for yourself more and more.
And pleasing others isn't part of that equation. Depending on what, you may take them into account. Again, intuition whether you should or shouldn't.
A lot of things in life are about you and you alone, not about someone's approval.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:11 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. I've been pondering this lately but I don't think there really is a "right thing" since everyone can't seem to universally agree on what that is.
?"

ReturningMoon,

The lack of universal agreement is due to a number of variables. One of the main variables is that there are different layers of truth. Each level is legitimate in its own right. Higher levels are simply an expansion of truth. One cannot be faulted for speaking from his level of truth. Being faithful to that is the right thing morally if that is what is available to you. Democratically societies can decide what is right or wrong but for me the determination cannot be made by a majority vote. History is replete with judgements of right and wrong that permitted slavery, encouraged discrimination, etc.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned “let your conscience be your guide”…..and then determine the difference between conscience and intuition. Personally I believe there is something beyond our senses that can be an informer.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:46 AM
Master
The ball of white light in me, is the same that is in you
Now that you know this, God loves whatever you do
Old 10-10-2022, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Be true to yourself if you have done the right thing you will know. it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks ,
we are all on our own paths and we have to walk it.
If you were walking and saw an accident would you stop and try to help or would you walk on by?
these decisions are ours to make I know what i would do.

Namaste
Old 10-10-2022, 04:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I am surprised that no one has mentioned “let your conscience be your guide”….. Personally I believe there is something beyond our senses that can be an informer.
This has already been mention with different words. Trust yourself, trust your gut. We have become aspiritual and unconnected in many ways and you touch on a point no one mentioned that of POV creator or spirit. The number one idea is it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, does that also apply to creator and communication that happens. Just asking. We are so comfortable with creator it doesn't matter what communication happens. Yet we find many teaching (communication) and teachers say it does matter. Pretty strange isn't it. It said people know when they do what is usually right and the experience and I see nothing wrong with sharing that. Also we know when we do wrong. I am very glad to see the element of spiritual beingness now being included. When you stand before creator will the same rational be used for it. What would a teacher say. I ask this because we are non teachers. A person is hurt, should I stop and help or if in a hurry or late pass by because it is more important I get to my destination. What is more important. If you disagree with a teacher or even creator, do they have the right saying anything. Do not forget there always is cause and effect and karma for you.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:34 AM
Master
Yup, ethics is all about the dilemma. Sometimes what we first think is for the best turns out not to be.