Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Newbie ;)

What is your highest thought about yourself?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get an idea of where everyone is at with what they believe is the highest version of themself? What do you imagine yourself being, doing, or having?

Thanks,
Iamcurious
Old 24-10-2019, 06:42 PM
Master

What do you imagine yourself being, doing, or having?

Being no-one, I am at peace.

Doing nothing, nothing is left undone.

Having nothing, all things are given to me.

Peace.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcurious
Hello everyone,

I wanted to get an idea of where everyone is at with what they believe is the highest version of themself? What do you imagine yourself being, doing, or having?

Thanks,
Iamcurious

Being -at peace.
Doing -all things from my true authentic nature.
Having -gratitude for everything.
Old 24-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Angel1

OMG - WHAT a great idea for a thread!!!!
It gets people's minds focused on something so wonderful.

♫ Story ♫: So I'm in therapy in the '90s, obviously much younger...and hung up on my terrible father,
that was influencing my relationships. A bad thing - these old
unresolved childhood traumas!

She had me do a relaxed, eyes closed-thing:
"Imagine the person you want to be,
Who you are going to be, Who you will be,
Who you are becoming, Who you are destined to be."

We all picture what we do--mine was pretty much a compassionate, high angel,
untouched by any nonsense of 'this' world--as a mother sees her children and all their issues as passing, comical sillinesses...
Great understanding and patience...like the Virgin Mary image.

Just loving...no human judgments...for even the worst things (mistakes).

I also at that age and being in turmoil, (thus, paying for help!), I thought,
Oh, this would be in like another LIFEtime!

I was in such a place within years, only.
Grace.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Master

I am at peace with myself, very content, and grateful, for my existence. I am retired from the
work-a-day world, my physical body is 72-years old, and I do not plan more than 6-months in
advance. Mostly I endeavor to stay in the eternal moment.
Old 24-10-2019, 08:54 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Just being. Everything else is gravy, and if I get dealt lemons try to make some lemonaid. I don't think it even matters it the attempt is successful. The important aspect is the attempt.
Old 24-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcurious
Hello everyone,

Thanks,
Iamcurious

The highest version of myself is my soul expressed in action and practice with and through my human body, obviously through my words, spoken and written as well.

I cannot imagine being anyone or anything else other than my wonderful soul/self.

I imagine myself, one day, exiting this body/physical world and entering into another realm and meeting my loved ones.

What about you, Iamcurious?. What is your highest version of yourself, what do you imagine being, having, doing?.
Old 24-10-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
I think i'm already my highest version of myself. Have always been. My perfectly imperfect self with flaws, fears, desires, dreams. I think i've always been the person i needed to be and always been exactly where i needed to be in life. I look back at that scared child and confused young adult knowing that is exactly the person i needed to be being exactly where i needed to be. That scared child and confused adult still existing in me.
Old 25-10-2019, 02:56 AM
Master
The highest form of myself is present. It's not something I do, it's not a set of behaviors, or desires, or intellectual thoughts. It's the presence that is with me in every moment for all of time.

The highest form of me is here, it's present! that is the only thing to it. Desires to be that, to do that, they are not worthless or negative but they also don't define who I am.

There is no examination of my highest form or highest self, because my highest form transcends the mind (its the mind that examines).

When I am operating from my highest self, there is no examination and analysis. There is just presence.
Old 25-10-2019, 03:32 AM
Master
My highest thought about myself is reflected in the words of Desiderata:

https://www.desiderata.com/desiderata.html

I am a child of the Universe, no less than the trees and the stars and I am also much stronger and resilient than I tend to give myself credit for.

I realise that I need to "trust the process" a lot more than I do and to find the balance or the "wisdom to know the difference" between those things I am meant to change and those things I need to learn to just accept.

I imagine myself being an inspiration to others.
I also imagine myself dedicated to a group of holy renunciants.
Attaining the state of "doing not doing" or effortless effort is high on my agenda and surrounding myself with people who have a positive vibration and influence to nurture my creativity.