Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-07-2018, 01:47 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Unhappy Lucid dream meaning/Demons trick you into selling your soul in dreams?

Hello all. So please forgive my possible ignorance, This is my first post in these forums, and I've just started to get in touch with my spirituality. I've always been a very spiritual person but I was raised very strict Christian so I didn't have my spiritual awakening until much later in life. I've always had prophetic type dreams as well. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the movies where I dream a scenario and watch it like a movie and it plays out just the same in real life. It's moreso themes, feelings, and things that represent events that end up happening. I usually don't even realize they were warnings until much later on when I connect the dots.
I'm 24 now and over about the past two years or so I've started getting into crystals, guided meditation, attempting communication with the other side, etc.
I've also been doing a lot of reading and watching educational videos on the topic, and something I just read and saw some videos on has me a bit freaked out.

Last year, I had a very intense lucid dream. My mother and I had both been feeling a presence in our home, especially at night. A few weeks after we spoke to one another about this, I had a lucid dream. It was one of those dreams where you're getting up and getting ready for work and everything feels normal. I've had issues with insomnia my whole life and the theme of this dream was the fact that I had only gotten an hour of sleep before my alarm went off at 6am. The entire dream I was sobbing, feeling like I couldn't go on, I just knew I couldn't function at work. I was in my bathroom getting dressed, and I kept begging, to no one in particular, "I wish I could have gotten just one more hour of sleep. Please, just one more hour. I'd give anything for just one more hour"
Suddenly, it flashed back and I was in my bed, and outside my door I saw a huge dark figure, a human-esque but not not quite human face, with black and white tribal face paint. He stared at me for a moment, then suddenly the room went dark, I woke up, and it was 5am. My alarm had not yet actually gone off.
I had one more hour to sleep.

Another important piece of this, is that a few weeks after that dream, my sister was diagnosed with cancer. She moved back home and I gave her my room, she slept right where I slept when having this dream. 9months later, she passed away, in that exact spot in that room.

So now, I'm terrified. A few separate scenarios play through my mind.
The first being, perhaps this figure was an omen of the death to come? The other side warning me of my sister's sickness and eventual passing in that very room?
The second being, now that I've read about demons in dreams, did I accidentally sell my soul for one more hour of sleep??
And the third, and possible the worst scenario that comes to mind... Did I sell my soul, and whatever demon had it, mistook my sister for me and took her soul in my place?

I can go further and deeper into this, but I'll save that for another thread, but one final piece I will add is that I did a guided meditation recently in an attempt to reach my spirit guides. I was allowed one question, and I asked if my sister was alright. I had a vision of my spirit guide shaking her head no, and an instant, deep feeling of despair. I also have a sentence that came through when I attempted automatic writing, that I can't quite make sense of. I could share it in this thread if anyone would be interested in trying to help me decode it.

So basically, maybe I'm just crazy, and my grief is running the show here. But I will say, something about that dream felt bad the moment I woke up from it. It felt that something very bad had just happened.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm sick over it, I can't stop thinking about it. I feel like I've either damned my sister and/or myself. Any thoughts or advice would be welcome.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:42 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thank you! That does make me feel a bit better, I truly hope that's what it was.

In your opinion, do you think it had anything to do with my sister's passing, or am I just connecting the two because my grief is clouding my judgement?
Old 01-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
I do think the presence feeling as well the dream were fore warnings about your sister passing. We all have intuition and even for those who don't actively use it, it will come about for important events like death. It feels like a bad omen, or something is off or something bad is about to happen. I don't personally believe in demons but I can see those who do, mistaking that feeling for a presence around them. As humans we want label and identify things so we can have control of our world but intuition isn't something you can see or touch but it is invaluable to help give you a heads up when something intense is about to happen or even help give you the assurance you are going the right way when we feel that knowing about what where we are going is just right. But if we aren't familiar with it, I'm sure it can feel like evil is in the air.

I suspect the dream was a reflection of your despair about the loss and how out of this world it would feel. You are very young to lose a sister. But since the guy felt menacing I suspect the death may have caused you to fall into black and white thinking. Black and white thinking can get us trapped in seeing things as all positive or all negative. If I don't get an A that means I'm a complete failure type thinking. It's the type of thinking that can get us caught in seeing things as the end of the world. The idea that simply asking for an extra hour of sleep means you sold your soul is pretty extreme. Or believing something you did harmed your sister is another example. You are not to blame or responsible for your sister and her soul. You can't ever sell your soul in my opinion. So maybe focus a bit on the drama you feed into your life so you can find more balance and emotional peace.

It is also possible the dream had nothing to do with your sister and was just trying to help you address your insomnia issues. Why do you think you struggle with insomnia? Often people who are unable to turn their brains off struggle with insomnia. Racing, cycling thoughts keep us unable to sleep. People who struggle with black and white thinking can get caught in cycling and racing thoughts so I'd say do some research on black and white thinking and cognitive distortions to help you get a handle on runaway fears. You may not be familiar with black and white thinking which is why the guy felt other worldly but the thinking style is a threat to your health and well being and so it felt menacing. In one way or another the dream may have been trying to help you see what is keeping you from getting a good nights sleep.

I would be interested in seeing the sentence that came through automatic writing. It could just be some jumbled thought or it could have some insight to share. I am not sure why your meditation presented your sister as not being ok but I suspect it was just a reflection of your own guilt and fear and not really a message from your sister. I strongly believe your sister is fine and at peace now, her suffering is over but your grief is running the show as you say being fed by some unhelpful thinking styles. Essentially feeling like you may have damned your sister is likely what the vision was reflecting and not a true reflection of your sisters state of being now. I have full faith she is at peace now and her only concern may be the pain you and your family are going through from her loss. I am sorry for your loss. Hugs
Old 01-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I do think the presence feeling as well the dream were fore warnings about your sister passing. We all have intuition and even for those who don't actively use it, it will come about for important events like death. It feels like a bad omen, or something is off or something bad is about to happen. I don't personally believe in demons but I can see those who do, mistaking that feeling for a presence around them. As humans we want label and identify things so we can have control of our world but intuition isn't something you can see or touch but it is invaluable to help give you a heads up when something intense is about to happen or even help give you the assurance you are going the right way when we feel that knowing about what where we are going is just right. But if we aren't familiar with it, I'm sure it can feel like evil is in the air.

I suspect the dream was a reflection of your despair about the loss and how out of this world it would feel. You are very young to lose a sister. But since the guy felt menacing I suspect the death may have caused you to fall into black and white thinking. Black and white thinking can get us trapped in seeing things as all positive or all negative. If I don't get an A that means I'm a complete failure type thinking. It's the type of thinking that can get us caught in seeing things as the end of the world. The idea that simply asking for an extra hour of sleep means you sold your soul is pretty extreme. Or believing something you did harmed your sister is another example. You are not to blame or responsible for your sister and her soul. You can't ever sell your soul in my opinion. So maybe focus a bit on the drama you feed into your life so you can find more balance and emotional peace.

It is also possible the dream had nothing to do with your sister and was just trying to help you address your insomnia issues. Why do you think you struggle with insomnia? Often people who are unable to turn their brains off struggle with insomnia. Racing, cycling thoughts keep us unable to sleep. People who struggle with black and white thinking can get caught in cycling and racing thoughts so I'd say do some research on black and white thinking and cognitive distortions to help you get a handle on runaway fears. You may not be familiar with black and white thinking which is why the guy felt other worldly but the thinking style is a threat to your health and well being and so it felt menacing. In one way or another the dream may have been trying to help you see what is keeping you from getting a good nights sleep.

I would be interested in seeing the sentence that came through automatic writing. It could just be some jumbled thought or it could have some insight to share. I am not sure why your meditation presented your sister as not being ok but I suspect it was just a reflection of your own guilt and fear and not really a message from your sister. I strongly believe your sister is fine and at peace now, her suffering is over but your grief is running the show as you say being fed by some unhelpful thinking styles. Essentially feeling like you may have damned your sister is likely what the vision was reflecting and not a true reflection of your sisters state of being now. I have full faith she is at peace now and her only concern may be the pain you and your family are going through from her loss. I am sorry for your loss. Hugs

Thank you so much. I'm near tears reading this.

Yes, the racing thoughts definitely has a lot to do with the insomnia. I can very easily get into thought spirals and next thing I know, it's 5am and I have to get up in an hour. I think, as I continue getting in touch with my inner self, I've traced it back to some childhood traumas, I think that's where the not sleeping(night time wasn't safe) really began, and then as I got older and dealt with anxiety it just got worse. I've had night terrors and lucid dreams, and I also think a lot of that was my spiritual side, which I was being forced to suppress do to my religious upbringing, trying to come through. Whether that be spirit guides, or simply just my subconscious mind trying to communicate with me.

I truly hope you all are right, and my feelings are simply clouding my mind and as I wokr towards more clarity, I'll find that. <3
Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Here is the messages that came through when I attempted automatic writing:

first I got: "femur sadhu thud ut dur rsh rouen" Which seemed like gibberish, but just to entertain the thought, I put it through google translate, and it said that it is Hindi for "Cry out loud."
Sadhu also was in the text multiple times (this particular time, I used my computer and just made a text document. Most of it was nothing but I was able to pick out the few sort of sensical pieces.) Sadhu translates to Monk, which
I find interesting given that I was practicing deep meditation.
The other word that came up quite a bit was fhaiuh, which is gaelic for "far."
This came up after I had asked where my sister was.

Perhaps I'm pulling something out of nothing, maybe it was all just gibberish, but the fact that it was "gibberish" that actually could be translated to coherent messages, eeked me quite a bit.

I just can't tell what they're supposed to mean. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
Try to not be freaked out. I have found the messages that come through for me are a little cryptic so that I know it is coming from spirit as opposed to my thinking brain which can be full of doubt and worry. So I'd say it's cool you were able to translate it. It's also possible that it's being sent to you phonetically so try to sound things out if you can't find anything online.

I totally see the point of getting the message you got to Cry Out Loud. It seems appropriate on many levels. You likely have tremendous grief over your sisters loss but may not have fully expressed. You seem to be a sensitive person. Someone born prone to stronger than normal emotions. It can make emotions feel like a threat because they have the potential to overwhelm us so we do our best to suppress them where they turn into fear, worry, anxiety and unresolved sadness. The best way to get past the fear and suppression of our feeling is to give them full voice. Literally cry out loud. Let it out full force and you will see you can indeed survive them no matter how intense they feel. The more experience you get at letting the emotions flow the more you will learn to manage them. We can't learn to cope with strong emotions without feeling them and we need and use our emotions to navigate the world. The loss of your sister is an opportunity to not hold back what you really feel. Your healing will come when you learn to let them out.

The message that your sister is far is likely a sign you are too emotionally distressed to attract her soul energy to you. I think it has to do with vibration. She is vibrating at a high rate now that she has shed her human body and you are vibrating pretty low due to your enexpressed grief. Cry out loud and you may help raise your vibration but I'm sure she will visit in a dream once you have worked through your grief.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Try to not be freaked out. I have found the messages that come through for me are a little cryptic so that I know it is coming from spirit as opposed to my thinking brain which can be full of doubt and worry. So I'd say it's cool you were able to translate it. It's also possible that it's being sent to you phonetically so try to sound things out if you can't find anything online.

I totally see the point of getting the message you got to Cry Out Loud. It seems appropriate on many levels. You likely have tremendous grief over your sisters loss but may not have fully expressed. You seem to be a sensitive person. Someone born prone to stronger than normal emotions. It can make emotions feel like a threat because they have the potential to overwhelm us so we do our best to suppress them where they turn into fear, worry, anxiety and unresolved sadness. The best way to get past the fear and suppression of our feeling is to give them full voice. Literally cry out loud. Let it out full force and you will see you can indeed survive them no matter how intense they feel. The more experience you get at letting the emotions flow the more you will learn to manage them. We can't learn to cope with strong emotions without feeling them and we need and use our emotions to navigate the world. The loss of your sister is an opportunity to not hold back what you really feel. Your healing will come when you learn to let them out.

The message that your sister is far is likely a sign you are too emotionally distressed to attract her soul energy to you. I think it has to do with vibration. She is vibrating at a high rate now that she has shed her human body and you are vibrating pretty low due to your enexpressed grief. Cry out loud and you may help raise your vibration but I'm sure she will visit in a dream once you have worked through your grief.

I didn't even put that together, wow. I really haven't cried out loud much, it's been 6months now since she passed and I've cried but really only quietly and controlled. I really can see the ways the messages connect now. This all makes sense and comes together and everything you've said really deeply resonates with me. Thank you so so much, you've been a wonderful help!!