Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 25-06-2011, 01:27 PM
mashpashable

Owl & Spirit?

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a signifigant reason for seeing the owl as a child, associated with a spirit?
Old 25-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Suspended
Hiya mash

Do you mean you saw an owl when you were a child? Or you saw an owl in the form of a child? And where does the spirit fit in?

Nevertheless, I tend to associate owl with an outstanding ability to negotiate darkness coupled with wisdom.

Squatch
Old 25-06-2011, 01:42 PM
mashpashable

I woke up to an owl hooting and there was a spirit in my bedroom window when i was a child. The owl was next to him
Old 25-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Medium_Laura

In early Indian folklore, Owls represents wisdom and helpfulness, and have powers of prophecy.

Among the different American Indian tribes, there are many diverse beliefs regarding the Owl.

According to Navajo legend, the creator, Nayenezgani, told the Owl after creating it "...in days to come, men will listen to your vioce to know what will be their future"

Zuni mothers place an Owl feather next to a baby to help it sleep.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Lady of the Mountain

In my culture, owls are the most sacred of birds. I can't really say why because I don't really know, and those who do know are very hush-hush when the word Owl is mentioned. All I do know is that they are messengers, able to travel through the barrier that separates life from death. Who they carry their messages from and to is beyond me. Oh, and they're also guardians of a sort. I found this out just a few weeks ago when an almost complete stranger (to me, known to my mother) walked up and told me I have an owl sitting on my shoulder. Funny, because before that I was told a wolf stood beside me.
A wolf and an owl, all I need is a dolphin and I'll have land, air and water surrounding me.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
moke64916

I remember someone saying that owls represents wisdom. Or Athena Goddess if Wisdom.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Master
Great thread, because one night about 3 months ago my husband and I were gazing at the full moon and a white owl flew over us :)
Spiritlite.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:34 PM
mashpashable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I remember someone saying that owls represents wisdom. Or Athena Goddess if Wisdom.

I had heard that the owl represents wisdom a few times but just recently people have been talking about athena a lot...I think I might look into reading about her. I don't know much..
Old 02-07-2011, 04:35 PM
mashpashable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Great thread, because one night about 3 months ago my husband and I were gazing at the full moon and a white owl flew over us :)
Spiritlite.

Aww! Owls are wonderful. I think they one of the most beautiful, mysterious creatures.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
I love owls growing up in South Africa I saw many and love them, they remind me of cats.
Spiritlite.