Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM
Administrator
End of Life

Hello

I have several friends facing the end of life issues with family members. It is not an easy process to make the plans and have the person passing on board.

It seems there are so many hoops you have to go through, restation orders, feeding tubes, medications ext. If the person is aware brain thought wise and the body is going they have a say in what happens. If you do not put plans in place your in the care of the Dr and how much they will do.

Now where I live you can choose to assist the end of life with suicide and I wonder on how this effects crossing. You are not ending the natural life path....you are going early and not naturally.

My Son wondered if as you choose death do you cross over, like when you pass naturally?

While it on some levels seems like a humane way to go out is it the right way to go out?

Being so sick last year at this time and looking at care homes and the idea that I might well be done....I have put some things in place but the family has a say in it all too it seems on some levels.

I am well again and working on "me" more and more being at the pool exercising and working less.

Lynn
Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM
Master
In regard to crossing over, I can say, when I worked with some who crossed over through an overdose, or suicide, they were very confused, and it took a long time to get them to compete their crossing over. Of course, I worked with them because I was asked, and we knew they were in trouble.
A cousin of mine committed suicide and crossed over the next day. He was very clear and knew why he did it. So, clarity is key.
This, of course, does not apply to anyone who belongs to the Fae or the angelic groups.

Pool is great. I, myself, went back into the pool. Started in January and swim now more laps than at any point in my life. Feels great.
Keep it up.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM
Master

My belief is that people/ persons that end their own life cross over just the same as anyone else , and just like everyone else healing will occur.
To commit suicide is not a sin contrary to the belief of some teachings.
In fact in a lot of cases it is terrible to imagine how tormented their mind must have been in order to make them want to end it all. And it happens for very many reasons . They must have suffered terribly in this lifetime.
As rah nam says, maybe confusion after passing , but I also think that suddenly and unexpected death could also cause confusion after passing and crossing over , for example victims of a car accident. Just driving along going about your business as usual and then suddenly you are gone , just like that, you no longer exist.
That must be very confusing too when you suddenly find yourself on the other side .

But as for the souls of suicide , I believe they are looked after and healed , and do not spend the rest of eternity roaming around in "limbo" in a tormented state.
If anything, that's what they were doing whilst still alive.
I also have experienced suicide ( attempts) within my family .
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM
Master

Okay I too have had a period where I felt there was no getting thru it... And this is different than getting to a certain age I think.

My life went on a full stop and end of path, not even a space ahead of me. I do feel in many ways that was my death, in many ways. But I got thru it.

So I did tell the docs then I wanted help with ending. But it didnt end ever. So after that tunnel that never ended, I learned to carry the burdens and enjoy regardless of everything. I am detached as a soul from my body and my soul carries my body and keeps it healthy. Same for my brain. I have a lot of soul that keeps it up manually.

Ansd right now I feel that was my path. To carry my body, the rest of my life. Soul over matter. Soul over mind.

Kind regards,

CW
Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

"My Son wondered if as you choose death do you cross over, like when you pass naturally?"

I have a problem with this issue re "pass naturally". Medical science now keeps people going long after their natural sell-by-date so that natural deaths are probably rare.
One might posit that choosing to die (as in euthanasia) is merely correcting what the medics are trying to avoid.
If there's one thing that terrifies me more than death it is 'elderly care' determined to keep people alive when THEY know they're close to the end with many happier taking their last sleep that night rather then be stuffed in an armchair in front of a television in a care home, waiting their turn to die.

The person's family may be emotional - hugely understandable but they have no experience of wanting to die or waiting to die which puts the 'die-ee' on the spot.
Yes, it's a difficult topic but one that faces us all in some shape or form eventually.

I'll confess to being pro-choice, pro-assisted dying.
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Master

The terms “natural death” and “un-natural death” are often used to describe how a person died, or if their passing was smooth or difficult. But in my opinion all death is natural regardless how we die or if we struggle with it or not. Dying and death itself is a natural process.

Death may look bad to those viewing it from the outside but for those who are dying it is a completely different perspective and experience. Even if the terminally ill person is in a coma and being kept alive by tubes and machines, in most cases they may not be totally in their physical body. The body may be kept alive but there may be only a glimmer of consciousness there. Passing or crossing over many times does not happen all at once.

The person may be in the afterlife and every now and then still peaking in on this human life. Awareness coming and going between dimensions. I have seen lots of people die and each person’s passing may be different from others. Basically the medical people are trying to keep the body out of pain and the consciousness within that body comfortable.

The main thing is pain management, because it is the body that dies and its process of dying may or may not be connected to our awareness. Some people detach from their body as it is dying while others are strongly attached as their body dies. Some experience the death of their body and some do not, others may experience it intermittently. The relationship which a person has developed with themselves plays a big role at the time of physical death, in my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Master
I personally do not know what happens in case of suicide but a friend of mine, who is an advanced medium* (*definition of medium varies) says that those who commit suicide cannot ‘cross over’ easily, if at all. Now, intuitively I would disagree since most of us have unconscious minds so why should a suicide decision be so harsh but then that’s what I’ve been told.

I do not see why someone with a terminal illness for example should suffer needless when he’s approaching a dead end. But that’s just my opinion.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM
Master

In my opinion: suicide is a state of mind not a state of body. A person who takes their life out of disgust, anger, disenchantment, etc., may have a different state of mind then a person who may receive assisted suicide. A person who receives assisted suicide may be more mentally prepared then a person who violently kills themselves. Suicide, in my opinion, depends on the situation.

The fact is a lot of people are living high risk suicidal type lifestyles, they may have a subconscious death wish that they are not consciously aware of. There are also different forms of suicide; altruistic suicide is when a person gives their life to save someone else. Terrorist type suicide bombers or Japanese kamikaze pilots during WWII are other types of suicide.

It is widely reported that Socrates chose to commit suicide instead of being exiled. During the Vietnam-American War Buddhist monks would set themselves on fire taking their own life as protest. Suicide, assisted or otherwise, is a very personal choice. It is a permanent solution to what may be a temporary problem, the problem of effectively dealing with life and or death. Again, just my opinion.

P.S. Some people choose assisted suicide, also called assisted deliverance, because they do not want o leave their family with high medical bills after their insurance runs out.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Administrator
I am a medium and all my working life I have worked with people on many levels Disabled, abled, elderly.
I have even taken time out of work to help a friend until her passing not just once either I have tried to explain the spirit world to them which did ease their fears.
I went to a friends funeral not three years ago she went negative after her husband passed,
in the front where her body lay she was standing with her husband waving at me, with a big smile on her face
To me it is an individual choice how you pass only you can make that choice
I have known people who have passed through suicide only for them to give me a message for their loved one,

it helps both the person who passed through suicide and the receiver,
but here if you were to assist someone pass through suicide you could be prosecuted

Namaste
Old Today, 12:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Now, intuitively I would disagree since most of us have unconscious minds so why should a suicide decision be so harsh but then that’s what I’ve been told.

I do not see why someone with a terminal illness for example should suffer needless when he’s approaching a dead end. .

I tend to agree. The state of mind/body choosing is not the ‘out of body’ release. I think humans create the stream where they reside. My brother in his end times was clearly showing me through his connections, that ‘in body’ he was merging back to source, preparing to let go of his humanness, letting go of his baggage, crossing over, returning to love, merging back to source. Then he passed. I don’t see that anyone, no matter how they die, doesn’t move through the same process. We may not see directly but the process of letting go, life review completes itself in the release. Our spirit essence is not our life, the letting go process is completing ‘the life’ ..

(Many would disagree with my view)