Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 05-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Inception

Wow!

Very dark, eerie and complicated...but I absolutely loved it. It's about gaining access to other people's subconscious mind through dreams so that ideas can be planted and information sought.

I loved the psychology behind it..the idea of 'defences' and suppressed memories. Best film I've seen in a very long time and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in dreams and/or psychological concepts.

It's not easy viewing...it took me a couple of viewings before I could understand what was going on, but it's fascinating none the less. Very thought provoking.

I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on it.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Newfreedom9

I liked it too. The beginning was rough to watch (it wouldn't be the second time through though I'm sure) because I had no clue what was going on and I couldn't wait for them to get to some frame of reference. After that it went smoothly for me, I was totally sucked in and it was very creative. The wife thing was a good twist, I didn't know how she was going to fit in.

I didn't like the part with the old guy at the end though, how it was just like the beginning. Because the beginning was suppose to be his earlier dream, not his future dream world, if you will. So I was puzzling over that part trying to fit it flawlessly together with the intro, but it didn't quite work for me. Maybe if I watched it again that part would make more sense too. Like I said I was lost at the start, so maybe that wasn't actually part of his dream?

Inception, like the matrix, really made me question what was possible, what is real, etc. I like that.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Well 2bh I was a bit lost with the old guy bit too. I actually thought that part was reality at first and the rest of it had become a dream. I assumed it was going back to the beginning. Then I really thought Don had gone back home with the airport and then the children scene..so the final bit totally threw me. Fantastic ending.

I guess all this confusion is serving the writer's intention to blur the boundaries between what is real and what is a dream? It plays on the experience of waking from a very vivid dream and realising what it was...and also becoming conscious of a dream. I'm very interested in the psychological function of dreams and this film just clinched it all for me.

I've seen it twice and I think it'll take me a few more viewings before I truly get it, so I've requested my copy as a birthday present later this month! (Currently got it on rent.)
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM
cMarie

I really love this movie, as dreams and symbols are one of my favorite topics. I was lost the first couple of times I saw it, but the more I watched it the more I caught. There is a lot of clever wordplay in this movie!

Another thing I loved is the special effects, I am still trying to figure out some of them - very well done imo.

I would like to say more, but I wouldn't want there to be any spoilers in here. Great movie, but I think anyone would have to watch it a few times to start getting an idea of what is happening - even so I am not sure I have figured it out yet. I think that was the director's intention!
Old 04-02-2014, 05:04 PM
GrungeLuv2014

Inception's Incredible too, One of My All Time Faves too.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 AM
PureOceanLab

I love Inception. What do you think happened in the end?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Knower

I couldn't stand the movie myself.

Bad acting, too complicated, lousy script and just plain boring.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Master
I saw it for the first time over the weekend, and while it was just a bit confusing, it held my attention well enough, and yeah, I'd like to watch it again for a chance to make more sense of what was really going on...the old guy in the beginning wasn't a problem when I saw him show up at the very end, so I think seeing it a second time may help iron that one out. I found it hard to actually make out what they were saying sometimes, they seemed to speak so fast.