Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Moonangel

Injured hamster please send D/H

Hi, my daughters had some friends round tonight and they have been waaaay to rough with her hamster :( Both of his back legs wont work, im going to get him to the vet first thing, and have given him some reiki myself, if anyone would be kind enough to send him some, id be so grateful.. reading online, it seems that breaks heal pretty quickly in hamsters (there was even a photo with one wearing a pot :)) The problem is I dont know if they are broken, or if he is paralised or something else, so can only send reiki to him until the vets opens tommorrow. Naturally my daughter is devastated that this has happened, she is only 8 and has looked after him so well. She has taken comfort in knowing that there is reiki available to him and is being attuned herself on sunday. Please if you can help, his name is nibbles, Thanks so much
Old 11-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Sounds like a spinal injury to me - keep him from moving too much - no climbing or time on a wheel (not that he'll want to if he can't move his legs).

Sometimes they can recover, sometimes not - depends on the injury - but hamsters are tough little critters. I had one who had a stroke and went blind, we thought he was gonna die for sure, but he lived for another 2 years and died at the ripe old age of 4.

I will send some healing his way and pray that the vet can help him.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Moonangel

Thanks asrais I appriciate that alot. Thats a great story, and a good age for a hammy too.. Im getting the feeling that he cant feel his back end at all as he is still trying to get about and dragging it, but doesnt seem in pain, im thinking positive for him anyway just incase there is anything they can do, poor thing. On a good note he is eating and drinking well so will monitor him through the night and keep him as comfortable as poss. Thanks again x
Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Any news? I will send reiki now. If he needs more healing you could also try posting this in the healing section.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Moonangel

Hi, thanks for the concern, unfortunatly he had to be put to sleep this morning, it was a spinal injury.... I checked him through the night just to see if I could see him breathing but didnt disturb him and he was still with us, then this morning he was still in same position and looked like he may have had a stroke...Then the vet said it was spinal and that he could not feel his back end at all (which was a comfort tbh) It would be for the best if he went to sleep.

We gave him a good send off bless him, and have bought her a new one..STRICKTLY only family can handle her x x

Thanks again for your concern, I know they are only small little things, but they are adorable, and I wanted to try to save him x x RIP Nibbles x
Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Master
Sleep well Nibbles :-(
Old 11-08-2011, 10:11 PM
MYFIGO

So sorry about Nibbles...
Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Master
I am trying not to cry I have a very hard time when animals get hurt which is why i wasn't going to read this thread as i am way too sensitive, however, i really hope he will be ok and that the kids will be more careful with him next time. I am definately sending healing light to him and really really hope he is ok, please keep us posted.

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Master
Oh no, i just read the update... disregard my previous post That is really sad, sorry for Nibbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonangel
Hi, thanks for the concern, unfortunatly he had to be put to sleep this morning, it was a spinal injury.... I checked him through the night just to see if I could see him breathing but didnt disturb him and he was still with us, then this morning he was still in same position and looked like he may have had a stroke...Then the vet said it was spinal and that he could not feel his back end at all (which was a comfort tbh) It would be for the best if he went to sleep.

We gave him a good send off bless him, and have bought her a new one..STRICKTLY only family can handle her x x

Thanks again for your concern, I know they are only small little things, but they are adorable, and I wanted to try to save him x x RIP Nibbles x

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 11-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Master
Forgive me, but i need to post an uplifting hamster story on this thread to hopefully make you feel better and myself to be honest....
I had a hamster named Pinky and he loved his ball that he could run around the house in and he would chase my two cats in his ball. It amused me to see this cute little thing chase two big cats. Pinky was brave.....
All the best to the new hammy and i like the new family only rules!