Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-07-2012, 11:41 AM
gerrygirl

its all good in hindsight

I have a question for those who have the inate belief that being spiritual somehow goes against God and religion.

I say this because in my 46 years of life I still find it amazing when I hear "but you must believe in a different God than us, therefore worshiping a false god.. because the bible says ...".... and it says what?

My question is the same to all these ney sayers, "it must be great being a believer in christ in hind sight" as if you have that attitude that modern day healers are EVIL because they are NOT Jesus, then how would that of worked out DURING the time of Jesus?

People in Jesus' time were not Christians YET tbey followed a man who spokes Gods law, healed the sick and spoke of love, NO different to the healers of today..... but its ONLY the Christians that are the biggest hypocites...

Relligion is great in hindsight isnt it.... maybe it needs to move into the 2012, and understand with all the souls that have lived and learned since the time of Jesus are actually here doing Gods work not heracy?
Old 14-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Zem

I don't think it's as black and white as you're making it out to be, gerrygirl. There is a HEAP of hypocrisy in the institutional Christian church, but then there is that as well in ALL religions (Buddhism, Islam, and even the New Age movement). I think Christianity gets more of the spotlight because it has been around for so long, and it's also the most heavily pushed into the rest of the world (with missionaries and all that jazz).

The reason they killed Jesus was because he was challenging the hypocrisy of the church. He was experiencing a lot of the same frustrations that you're talking about. In one specific instance, he was shot down by the religious leaders for his healing ministry too, on the grounds that he got his power from the leader of all demons.

We don't want to wage war on any particular religion. If we truly believe that all souls are coming together regardless of religious background, then we need to look at each individual, rather than whitewashing an entire group of people. Otherwise, we could become like the hypocrites we're out trying to preach against ;)
Old 16-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Master
Labels

The Ego is caught up with labels.

Meanwhile Jesus had said to Pontious Pilate that He came to bear witness to the Truth.
That, all who are, "of the Truth", would hear Him, and recieve Him.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygirl
I say this because in my 46 years of life I still find it amazing when I hear "but you must believe in a different God than us, therefore worshiping a false god.. because the bible says ...".... and it says what?

When I talk to Priest about my spirit guide and how I consider her my god, they always ask me if she is the Devil. Then they always say something about the bible say that the Devil can show itself to us as God. Then I think to myself how does any of us know that the bible is not written by the Devil by showing himself as God to the writers. On that logic we really do not know and that I find kind of Ironic
Old 16-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Master
No, in hindsight religion is seen as useless, for in hindsight you realize that you are all that there IS, and have been all along, call it the Christ or whatever.