Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 19-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Enlightener

Higher Self, or something else..

Ok, I have kind of a situation that I would really like some insight about.
I usually pride myself on being able to take care of things myself, but this one has me quite confused.

I have been in contact with my Higher Self for a while now, I am able to have conversations with him, and he can give me advice. But there is also another side of the relationship that have, which is that I sometimes let him control my actions. I agree to it, it is within my consent, though I just recently questioned the validity of his intention and also the value of giving my life over to feeling controlled.

Since then I am able to move freely, but it is always there in the background, this feeling of control, like it comes up and I am unable to move about freely, or as I truly wish.

I'm also curious because this is the same thing that was happening when I had a psychotic episode, and the thought that it is some less than friendly entity kind of unnerves me.

There is the thought that if I follow direction of this thing, then I will get to a place where I really want to be in my life. But there is also the thought and desire for freedom, to feel myself expressed freely through my actions.

Any feedback would be great, thanks

E
Old 19-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Prokopton

If you allow it that space, you have to judge the results -- if they are good, there is no problem and it can be of benefit. If you are ever feeling you must do it, in the sense of being forced that is not the Higher Self. And obviously, if you see anything that could be in any way negative, you know not to go further with it. If you have any sense of losing track of your own personality altogether and not being aware of what you are or have been doing, that is not a good sign at all and you obviously shouldn't go that route.

This isn't necessarily an impingement upon your freedom as plenty of people choose to live by such prompting. If you are worried about psychosis that is obviously extremely serious, but you have to ask yourself whether it feels the same or different as the psychosis of before.

May I ask how do you communicate with the Higher Self and what you experience? Don't answer if this feels too intimate, but the Higher Self is essentially formless and that might help you to figure out what you are dealing with. What does the Higher Self say about it?

If you have any doubt then you should not do it, and should feel fine not doing it -- but look carefully also, to see whether what's going on feels in any way similar to the psychosis, or if you are just naturally frightened at surrendering.

That's all I can think of...
Old 19-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Medium_Laura

Are you SURE this is your higher self? I have never had a guide or anything "control" me. Your higher self is your spirit within you. It is you, only on a much deeper level.

Whenever I work with the Other Side, I always ask "Are you of the Divine Light?" If they don't answer yes in my head right away, I dismiss them.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Ascender
This is some deep stuff. But I agree with all above.

If you are not comfterble with what ever it is, then stop and tell it that you no longer want to be part of what you are doing. But if you feel ok and is ok with whats going on and only questioning if its an psychosis then ask it like Laura said "Are you of the Divine Light?" or "Do you work within the Divine Light?" If it saids yes then well all is good, but if it saids nothing well kick it out. (Not sure how to handle psychosis. Need to research it. lol)

But I do agree it is not your higher self. And I never heard of a guide taking over you like that. I guess if its ok with both of you and its for a lesson. But doesn't that go agenced the law of free will? I guess it you saids its ok it isnt..
Old 19-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoclora
I never heard of a guide taking over you like that

The Higher Self is not a 'guide'.

It is thoroughly connected to the nervous system and giving oneself up to its control happens for people like musicians, martial artists, sportspeople etc. Where bodily movement happens 'by itself' -- the Zen people (eg. archers) train for that very strongly for example. It is less known in the West simply because western spirituality has tended not to be as physical.

But again, if one is not sure whether it is positive, that is a different matter. There shouldn't be any doubt at all. If there's doubt, it needs to be looked at carefully, esp. with a history of psychosis. Not to be played with.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
The Higher Self is not a 'guide'.

It is thoroughly connected to the nervous system and giving oneself up to its control happens for people like musicians, martial artists, sportspeople etc. Where bodily movement happens 'by itself' -- the Zen people (eg. archers) train for that very strongly for example. It is less known in the West simply because western spirituality has tended not to be as physical.

But again, if one is not sure whether it is positive, that is a different matter. There shouldn't be any doubt at all. If there's doubt, it needs to be looked at carefully, esp. with a history of psychosis. Not to be played with.

O.o I didnt say it was. I know its two different things, I was simply inputing that it may not have been the higher self. Sorry if I confused any one.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Master
Hello E,

You present a very good question. That being, "How is a human life designed to work".

We know about the concept of "Free Choice" or we have some ideas about what that phrase implies. We also see our life as something we have control over. This BTW is also how a child feels when it is in fact completely dependent on their parents for physical survival.

Several years ago I encountered a Kryon channeled message that explained how life works for a human. It is actually a co-created effort between the conscious human, the higher self, and the subconscious. It seems each aspect of us has specific responsibilities and exclusive powers for their domain of authority(free choice). However the interaction between them is required for true co-creative living.

I have a link to that message for those of us who are interested in that perspective.
http://www.spiritualacademy.info/about/kryon_miracles.html

My understanding about life shifted substantially once I digested this information.

I hope it helps to explain the answer for your question.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/

Last edited by John32241 : 19-06-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 19-06-2011, 06:49 PM
northstar

i've turned it over a few times in my life... there is nothing to fear about it... you can do it temporarily, and once you feel its right, just tell them 'ok, thanks... i got it from here'... they have no problem with that... they'r just happy to help...

now... on the other hand... they dont change 'you'... you are always you... they just change the things 'around' you... if you dont like the direction, just say 'nawww... you sure about this?... naw... thanks but no thanks'... and move on...

see how it plays out... then decide...
Old 19-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Aquarian

I suspect this is a lower entity.

For years I believed in a Higher Self but I could never isolate it. Like all channelling, the entire concept leads one to be susceptible to interference by all kinds of nasty entities.

I still get messages and a lot of help from various spirits but I've given up trying to identify them. Instead I make sure to evaluate the energy that carries the message. If it's not at least as high a vibration as Reiki energy, I know its not in my interests.

My most reliable intuition comes from raising my own vibration beyond that of the energies of both this planet and of lower entities. This leads to knowing rather than relying on other spirits for information.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
For years I believed in a Higher Self but I could never isolate it.

You don't channel the Higher Self.