Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 02-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Deactivated Account
questions

In the native american spirituality. I'm assuming you can have your own guidance that you go by. Dreams are like teachers and you can let them guide you. And its okay to talk about them. I'm guessing you don't have to follow somebody cause they are put on a pedestal before your own insights, guidance and such regarding spirituality.

So far I been putting my guidance, dreams, and insights first and it works for me. My intuition speaks out when someone, or something is going to try to stand between it and me. She calls stuff out through me and puts me in uncomfortable situations. Later she is always right. I call her she cause it feels feminime. But its me. She is quiet until something trys to put something between her and I. Then she jumps out of me and calls things out.

It seems to me going through memories of being native. You get to have your own dream. Your own connection. And this is good and nurtured. Its acceptable and the way. Maybe I'm wrong. But unless something has changed that was how it was. I would assume still is. That is assuming I'm remembering correctly. Maybe I'm wrong? I could be simply remembering how i did things. May have not been acceptable. I dont know? Any input much appreciated. Thank you!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Deactivated Account
For some clarity. I mean being native american life times ago.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Deactivated Account
When I say between myself and my insights. I'm specificly saying a person. I am not speaking of for example a pipe or any other thing like that. I feel I should make that clear. I have a piece of a pipe and she likes it. It has a lot of power helping me. She also liked the pipe ceremony I recently went to. So that stuff works for her. The earth works for her. The sky works for her.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 08-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
In the native american spirituality. I'm assuming you can have your own guidance that you go by. Dreams are like teachers and you can let them guide you. And its okay to talk about them. I'm guessing you don't have to follow somebody cause they are put on a pedestal before your own insights, guidance and such regarding spirituality.

So far I been putting my guidance, dreams, and insights first and it works for me. My intuition speaks out when someone, or something is going to try to stand between it and me. She calls stuff out through me and puts me in uncomfortable situations. Later she is always right. I call her she cause it feels feminime. But its me. She is quiet until something trys to put something between her and I. Then she jumps out of me and calls things out.

It seems to me going through memories of being native. You get to have your own dream. Your own connection. And this is good and nurtured. Its acceptable and the way. Maybe I'm wrong. But unless something has changed that was how it was. I would assume still is. That is assuming I'm remembering correctly. Maybe I'm wrong? I could be simply remembering how i did things. May have not been acceptable. I dont know? Any input much appreciated. Thank you!
Running, you are a good man. I love that you think of your intuition as "feminine". This shows that you carry good balance, and are thus complete. Kudos!

Like in any other culture, people sometimes get put on pedestals and thus get a lot of power directed toward them - which, of course with human nature being what it is, sometimes goes to their heads. I spent many years giving power to others that I have put on pedestals - and of course got heart-broken when they turned out to be human and did silly, unskilled human things!

So I too have begun to turn my eyes back inside - follow my own inner guidance and intuition. I still ask others for guidance - that is the Wolf's teaching of humility - to avoid thinking we know it "all" (I've done that too and have gotten scolded for that too!). It is through our relationships and connectedness with All Our Relations - peoples, animals, birds, trees, etc. - that we can grow our own strength and confidence to listen to our dreams and inner guidance, which comes from ... guess who? Creator/God/Great Spirit (whatever you call it).

The way I see it, there are Medicine people who have certain gifts for dream interpretation, naming, and communicating with spirits. The Elder I asked for help to find my Name has this gift. That is one of his sacred responsibilities to the people; Creator gave it to him to help others.

But I think we all have a basic ability to hear our own inner guidance. We all have our own spirit gifts that Creator wants us to discover and use in a good way. We all have a direct line to the Source!
Old 08-06-2014, 03:34 PM
elisi

i get guidence/messages through dreams and animals that come to me.

i think they are the messages creator uses for me.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Running, you are a good man. I love that you think of your intuition as "feminine". This shows that you carry good balance, and are thus complete. Kudos!

Like in any other culture, people sometimes get put on pedestals and thus get a lot of power directed toward them - which, of course with human nature being what it is, sometimes goes to their heads. I spent many years giving power to others that I have put on pedestals - and of course got heart-broken when they turned out to be human and did silly, unskilled human things!

So I too have begun to turn my eyes back inside - follow my own inner guidance and intuition. I still ask others for guidance - that is the Wolf's teaching of humility - to avoid thinking we know it "all" (I've done that too and have gotten scolded for that too!). It is through our relationships and connectedness with All Our Relations - peoples, animals, birds, trees, etc. - that we can grow our own strength and confidence to listen to our dreams and inner guidance, which comes from ... guess who? Creator/God/Great Spirit (whatever you call it).

The way I see it, there are Medicine people who have certain gifts for dream interpretation, naming, and communicating with spirits. The Elder I asked for help to find my Name has this gift. That is one of his sacred responsibilities to the people; Creator gave it to him to help others.

But I think we all have a basic ability to hear our own inner guidance. We all have our own spirit gifts that Creator wants us to discover and use in a good way. We all have a direct line to the Source!

Thanks and I couldn't agree more with you!

Wherever I May Roam