Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Noobstorm

The Third Eye

I want to develop inner peace, balance, and be more connected with the universe and my higher self. I want to open my chakras and allow the Kundalini to rise. I have been trying to open the third eye for several weeks and I don't think I am getting very far. I have done certain exercises from google and they don't really help that much past a certain extent. I have been trying to 'see' the chakra with my eyes closed, I have done mirror watching and also I have focused on an object until I see color (usually purple). I started with the 'Thoth' chant that is supposedly going to open my third eye after four days, which I don't think I did right but it didn't work. I also tried the hand mudras while chanting the words.

When I concentrate on the third eye, I feel a lot of energy in that area, and a little bit next to my nose on both sides, and around my physical eyes. It feels like its tingling or crawling. I can feel energy circulating throughout my body and ripples in my legs especially and sometimes in my arms, this usually happens during and after the exercises. I don't think I am getting really far and I think all I am doing is building up energy and putting it to no use. I know that those exercises can't be all there is to it. I heard that astral projection and low brain wave levels help, and I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 16-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Master

Hi Noobstorm,

You'll probably get a lot of opinions on this - all different, but this is mine.
I do not know you, and admittedly am not qualified to give specific guidance, and also recognize that everyone is different in their needs and capacities.
I am far from expert in these areas but would say that you may not need to
Quote:
open my chakras and allow the Kundalini to rise.
in order to
Quote:
develop inner peace, balance, and be more connected with the universe and my higher self
I do recommend that you undertake an extremely thorough investigation from good sources (there is a lot of pure rubbish out there on this subject) before even attempting any Kundalini activation.

Not to be alarmist, but it is well known that many have acquired very serious physical and mental problems that once active are very difficult to mitigate - even terminal illness or insanity - by prematurely opening various chakras. You may even see evidence of this from time to time on this very forum. I've seen this first hand and it is most unfortunate and a waste of precious opportunity. (I even have a theory that some mental illness like paranoid schizophrenia, etc., may be due to untimely or inappropriate opening of one or more chakras, etc.) It is usually said that one must be extremely purified in every possible way (thoughts, intentions, parts of being), AND also have the guidance of a qualified Master (and I am not saying that you don't even as yet unknown to you) for this kind of thing, otherwise disastrous results and unnecessary suffering may occur if one is not sufficiently prepared and guided.

Meanwhile there are things you can do that are more benign and preparatory for a more natural and unforced opening (if that is your path) of these energies, and may even lead occultly to finding a qualified teacher (again - if that is your path). I think it is wise to ask yourself why this seems important, eg what are your intentions? Could they be accomplished in other ways? This is not like playing a video game - there can be some seriously disturbing consequences. Wishing you the best on your search,

~ J
Old 16-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Noobstorm

I am not able to attend classes for this, and I am fully aware that negative side effects may occur. I want to open my chakras in the most natural way possible, even if it takes years. The thing I am having trouble with is finding a good source of information, any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks