Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-01-2011, 01:13 PM
3dnow

Wrong guides?

Hi I've chosen some friends of my real life as spiritual guides (that is their higher selves)... Wondering if I did well because I am now in an horrible situation. Being tormented etc.
There is no guidance, they don't speak, and when they speak the only thing they do is judgment. They say trust but I've come to a point I cannot really trust. I don't even know what is going on, I am completely lost and no one explains nothing...

No guidance, no answers, only judgment...

Is it a bad idea to choose guides this way randomly like I did, we should only trust our real guides?

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 31-01-2011, 01:22 PM
earthprowler

wow, i'm sorry to hear that you are going though this. but i will mention that it does not sound like guides, they are normally chosen before you are born. guides never judge or punish you by not speaking to you or coming across untrustworthy. I don't have alot to offer but i'm sure there will be others come in to help more than I can. you are in the right place for that!
Old 31-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Master
Perhaps you should trust yourself before anything.

Old 31-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi I've chosen some friends of my real life as spiritual guides (that is their higher selves)... Wondering if I did well because I am now in an horrible situation. Being tormented etc.
There is no guidance, they don't speak, and when they speak the only thing they do is judgment. They say trust but I've come to a point I cannot really trust. I don't even know what is going on, I am completely lost and no one explains nothing...

Is it a bad idea to choose guides this way randomly like I did, we should only trust our real guides?

Thanks,

3dnow

3dnow, I am a bit confused as to who these guides are exactly. "Friends of your real life" Are they human? Friends who have passed on? If you are tormented that should be a real clue that who ever these 'guides' are, they are not there for your good?
The other poster was absolutely right; guides are agreed upon before birth and it is a soul who is truly invested in your well being. You can have more than one and some will be for the early years and maybe another comes into play later in life. However NEVER will your guides try to steer you to a poor choice or path.
Old 31-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Medium_Laura

Our spirit guides only have our best interests and they do not have the human ego or emotions that your "friends" do. Remember, even though they have a lot of good information, they too are here on their own human journey. Our guides, appointed by us before our birth, know us the best, as do our higher selves (within).

This was a lesson for you to trust yourself, turn inward for answers and to always question things that don't "sit" right. :)
Old 31-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Experiencer
How are you communicating with the higher selves of your human friends? Because if you can truly do this (as opposed to communicating with their physical consciousness), you should be able to communicate with your bona fide spirit guides as well.

Even if you are legitimately communicating with the higher self of a physical person, our higher selves are not infallible - if they were we would not need spirit guides, but could rely on our higher selves to guide us. People come in all different levels of experience. Just because it is a "higher self" does not mean this intelligence is an experienced soul in a good position to teach you. Our higher selves remember our experiences in previous lifetimes and the spirit world and as such have greater wisdom than our ordinary consciousness, but a soul/higher self which has only experienced a few lifetimes on Earth will probably not be much further spiritually advanced than a regular human and cannot compare to a genuine spirit guide who has progressed to that point of compassionate love through many of them.

Other incarnated people have their own path to worry about and in most cases, our higher self struggles to manage our own human life, let alone other people's! That's why we have guides in the spirit world helping us who are not currently trying to manage their own human life at the same time. What I am trying to say is, you should be looking to your own higher self and your own guides in the spirit world. True spiritual teachers and guides will never, ever judge you, only give you unconditional love and acceptance and seek what they can best do to help you.
Old 31-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Medium_Laura

WELL SAID Westleigh!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 AM
3dnow

Thank you all!

3dnow
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow

Thanks,

3dnow

Is this something that happens when the body/mind gets involved?
Trust, what ever was set up for you, what you have set up is most appropriate.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM
zeke zenna & mook

Wow i have never heard of this before, I agree guides are chosen before birth and are always in the spirit world, they are highly evolved and choose not to incarnate, sounds like you are very confused.

Anything that is telling us bad things or making us feel bad is not working for our higher good, please don't be offended but have you been connecting with spirit in any way, ie spirit board etc or do you have a mental health issue (please please don't be offended by that question, i have bi polar and sometimes after trying to work with spirit i sometimes feel very confused about whats real and what has happened) just wondering if you have attracted soemthing negative that is posing as your friends higher self ??????