Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Love&Light

When we reincarnate.. we are fundamentally the same person?

If I'm a reincarnation......? Am I fundamentally the same person as the one in the previous life?

Old 20-05-2011, 09:17 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

If I'm a reincarnation......? Am I fundamentally the same person as the one in the previous life?

You'll pass over essentially as you'd been before your physical death. But then your actual level of spiritual progression - whether or not that was evident in your last incarnation - will begin to become evident. That may happen very quickly or progressively.

There's no single situation that applies to us all - we're individuals now, we'll be individuals when we've moved on.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was..... as David Byrne sang....
Old 20-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Master
You are always the Essence of life, the so called past life was only an arising of a mind body organism, this body took on millions of programs that made it what it was, the life that you have now is just another mind body organism with also it programming, in fact you are at this moment every single mind body organism, but you are only experiencing the one you are now because you are the Essence playing the mind body that you believe you are. When this body that you believe you are dies, you will again be the pure Essence that you were always, in fact you are always the pure Essence, always the pure Source. How do I know this, because i Am that pure Essence just like you
Old 20-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
we're individuals now, we'll be individuals when we've moved on.

I've not heard that much here at SF (maybe I've been reading the 'wrong' threads)...but I do like the idea that we remain individuals when we move on to the next phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was..... as David Byrne sang....

Nice one.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:39 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I've not heard that much here at SF (maybe I've been reading the 'wrong' threads)...but I do like the idea that we remain individuals when we move on to the next phase.

Nice one.

Glad I was able to say things that appealed to you. There's nothing I haven't been saying for many years, here on SF, elsewhere on other websites.

It's either my most annoying facet or my most constant and, I always hope, a reassuring one - what I say doesn't change because the truth doesn't.

They're my words but I'm only the mouthpiece.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Whitemage

Hey Light and Love

It has been said that 'reincarnation' is a slight misnomer, the word "reiteration" is more appropriate.

Though your attachments may change, such as creed, body type, personality etc, depending on the lesson you are learning, it is your consciousness, your soul, that reiterates into another vessel, that takes over a different physical vehicle.

The You that has been You since birth is that which returns. You may build character, growing more loving, you may gain understanding and become more enlightened, but it is still you.

So to answer your question, no, you are not fundamentally the same person in your next life. You are totally the same person. When you say "I" in your next iteration you will be talking about exactly the same person you are now.
Old 21-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Coming2

From all the reading I have done on the subject it seems that as our souls progress spiritually our needs for growth in this life change. In each lifetime we are the same entity after we pass on but the memories and core personality change with each lifetime. Everything about us is different based on surroundings and circumstances. Thing is that at the end of the day, or lifetime, we pass back into the spiritual entity we were before incarnation....if you think about it everything is in flux...moving and changing...so why not our souls as well?? If we stayed the same we would become stagnant and unwilling to grow spiritually. We have to change in order to deal with new sets of challenges given to us in each lifetime. So if I were a pigmy Indian in the rainforest in my last life I would have a whole new set of thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes....After saying all of that I do feel that at a core level we are always the same essence of what we have always been before, after and during life/death.
Old 22-05-2011, 02:06 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
After saying all of that I do feel that at a core level we are always the same essence of what we have always been before, after and during life/death.
Broadly agreeing with what the snipped part of your post we have to realize that at the core level there is no individual, personal or personalized existence. At that level there is only the Universal man, before any features and attributes.
The answer to the OP's question applied to core level is 'no'. However, on a different level this does not mean that we can't inherit features of other people's lives. Note the plural. Each one of us may be the result of multiple factors from all kinds of people coming together, with one of them possibly having a stronger, but not exclusive, influence. Even at individual level the answer has to be 'no'.
We are what we are, and we need to work with that and hopefully turn it into something better.
Old 22-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
From all the reading I have done on the subject it seems that as our souls progress spiritually our needs for growth in this life change. In each lifetime we are the same entity after we pass on but the memories and core personality change with each lifetime. Everything about us is different based on surroundings and circumstances. Thing is that at the end of the day, or lifetime, we pass back into the spiritual entity we were before incarnation....if you think about it everything is in flux...moving and changing...so why not our souls as well?? If we stayed the same we would become stagnant and unwilling to grow spiritually. We have to change in order to deal with new sets of challenges given to us in each lifetime. So if I were a pigmy Indian in the rainforest in my last life I would have a whole new set of thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes....After saying all of that I do feel that at a core level we are always the same essence of what we have always been before, after and during life/death.

I think that's an excellent post!
Old 23-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Greenslade

My wife has been with me for seven incarnations, and she says I've been basically the same person in every Past Life - variations on a theme. She could/can also look in my eyes and although they're a different colour, she can see the same person. Obviously there are variations to the person depending on background, reasons for being here etc. Being born into a rich family produces a different person to being born into a poor family, for instance. But the core is still the same.

I've spoken to a few people whom I remember from Past Lives and little of them has changed. Again different circumstances/backgrounds but I can still see the same 'core person' in there. My sister from Atlantis now lives in Wales, little has changed in her except perhaps for being even more ditzy :-)