Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-07-2013, 06:37 PM
ConradM

Scared of death

Really not scared to die just what occurs during that process of exiting the body. Can anyone enlighten me ? I always hear about a darn tunnel (I'm claustrophobic LOL) Ain't nobody got time for that!
Old 22-07-2013, 06:40 PM
cheeneka

Hi ConradM,

We can give an opinion, that is all.

I believe that when you leave this earth it is called a transition not death.

Human is not our natural state, spirit is our natural state.

In view of this I believe that when you leave your body you will be going home to your true home whereas this is only a place to learn.

you will have an expansion of consciousness and feel such love and your spirit will be set free from the constraints of the human body. You will feel released you will not feel fear.
gismo
Old 22-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Master

Near-Death Experiences: "Many of the patients have spoken of the peace they experienced, beautiful, indescribable peace - no pain, no anxiety. They tell us that all that matters is how much you have loved, how much you have cared and if you know these things then you cannot possibly be afraid of death"
- Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Deactivated Account
What happens when you die is entirely dependent upon how you meet your death.
If you die in terror of dying, it will not go well.
If you willingly give up the ghost, heaven awaits.

Life may be seen as a preparation for death, since it comes to all.
Did you spend your life in denial and fear, or in preparation?

If it's any help, I can say this about death: boldly leaped into, it is wondrous.
You'll finally understand what a crushing, joyless burden your 'identity' was.
Old 22-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Master
death, the ending of drinking, talking, eating, breathing and even mechanical thought. that'd be quite a rip to start with. anything not sorted out when you lived will be faced when you die, thats what psychological death is, dying to the past, your attachments a forced enlightenment, your samahdi. having had a death experience, one thing that came through was that whilst purging the physical realm can be painfull, spiritually, psychologically etc, because of the presence of universal energy, which is love, the pain can have laughter in it.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 22-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Unfortunately, no one can offer you anything but their beliefs, Conrad. My belief is that we transition in many different ways (like Crow alluded to, perhaps if it's a tragic accident, I believe you may be more disoriented for a while in contrast to a person who experiences slow decline and then a final leave-taking ---- like autumn leaves which fall one by one over a period of time, it takes very little energy to let the final one drop). Briefly, because I'm preparing dinner, I will offer you just a few experiences that popped into my head, so maybe they'll be helpful to you:

1. When one of my twins was around 3 years old (both are still highly intuitive and "remembered" quite a bit when they were younger) he woke up one morning and came into our bedroom and said, "I forgot how heavy a human body is to move around in, but waking up reminded me." This further cemented my belief that we are spirits in this physical vehicle.

2. During a very detailed lucid dream (it would be too long to recount here, but I'm so grateful to have been shown what I was shown during it) I ended by getting in line with people from my soul group in a ski-chalet type building. We were waiting out time to go down a slide. I started down the slide (and really, it was an awful lot like a tunnel, I was enclosed) and at the bottom I was "inserted" into a thick, viscous, amber liquid. It was very claustrophobic feeling/tight and heavy all of a sudden.) My higher self told my dream self, "Relax. You've done this before. Do not struggle and remain peaceful." I believe this was symbolic of my spirit entering my physical body.

So, like Gismo wrote, I also believe that we are spirit matter first and foremost and there is nothing to fear.

I wish I had more time to write, this is a subject near and dear to my heart and I am being shown a lot more about it, which I'm grateful for!
Old 22-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Deactivated Account
There actually are some people who can offer more than just their beliefs.
Some have actually experienced the things they speak of.
But of course, there is no certain way to tell which is which.

The unenlightened have opinions.
The enlightened have their enlightened experiences.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) there is no way to communicate anything to anyone else, anyway.
And so, individual experience rules.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crow
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) there is no way to communicate anything to anyone else, anyway.
And so, individual experience rules.
That's what I was saying...
Even my father's NDE was his experience that he related to others. We won't know...until we do!
Old 22-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Master
Why not look at death as an adventure, after all its natural, everyone is going to do it, if you are too busy enjoying life, you will have no time to even think about death, those who are afraid of death have never truly lived.
Old 22-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Master
i'm of the feeling near death experiences are not death experiences, the chord is not broken.

there are a few jungle brews that can enable a psychological death, and albeit temporary, the act of disappearing, not being there, is a time where great healings on very deep levels can occur rapidly because you're "not there" to get in the way. dying psychological is quite difficult thing to do, but because it's bruises and wounds coming out, ultimately your "getting better" so to speak

heard one cool story of someones vision of thunderbirds clapping their wings and sending souls into the rocks smashing them into pieces like waves hitting rocks and bursting into 1000's of crystals, smashing up the remnants of the impermanent self/ego. could be quite a ride.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."