Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Pathfinder
No attempts to define Non Duality here. It can't be done. But yes, we experience an apparent duality with opposites, but I find this not to be true.

Yes, the apparent individual life plays on. This is experienced, but I do not define myself by it. I am not what I perceive.
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Non duality and duality are also constructs of the mind,
I totally agree with you. The majority of folks, do not use the concept of Non duality and duality in thier every day to day life. Non duality and duality, is a helpful and useful tool to use to learn (when used in the context of not thinking in terms of mental duality, opposites, seperation etc) that non duality means no duality, thus there are no opposites, or seperation that the mind creates to effect/alter a persons perception and point of view of all that is.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, this is why I said about dropping the labels and just experiencing certain properties.
I mean before water was labelled that it has properties that are different from other things.
It's that straightforward. Only a non dualists belief would water down (excuse the pun) the realness of it.
Right? lol People make things more complex than they real are. And people will call you a materialistic egomaniac dualist when you do experrience or heaven forbid, enjoy certain properties of all that is .
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Right? lol People make things...
... properties of all that is .
@MikeS80 post #183

lol, ofcourse you can enjoy everything. Nonduality is about realising unconditional joy and freedom.

So people say, you don't exist. And suddenly there is a boundless sense of freedom.
In the same way that one meditates and suddenly they feel free.

From a dualistic point of view, you actually have the best of both worlds.
You can enjoy all contrast and variety in physical timespace. And also co-create with your non-physical self, any experience imaginable.

So I might feel bad about a negative experience. "This feels boring, it's not fun, because so and so!"
And I celebrate that negative emotion. Cause I know how good it is going to be to expand upon the realisation of my own preference, regarding this.
So I focus uoon my preferences. "This is very fun, I really enjoy all the aspects of it. I especially like this aspect of it that just feels so good to me."
And the deeper and more specific I go into my own preference, the better I feel. Indicating that my focus is indeed in the process of drawing unto itself the very thing that is preferred/wanted. In expansion of its realisation, first emotionally, to allow for fine tuning if necessery, and secondly manifestation as extension of my joy (focused preference).

And now I am co-creating with my own greater non-physical Source Consciousness, the reality of my own preferences.

To me, I don't need meditation to do this. I also don't need to drop my sense of self. Because I can achieve the benefit of both of them, by simply enjoying my desire unconditionally, and thus conditionally inevitably aswell. Which is the point anyway.

It's really as simple as that. You know what you don't want, so you also know what you do want. Focus on what you do want. And you thus ceate the reality of your preference.

Sometimes people think themselves into a knot and make everything complicated. Then some nondualist comes allong and says nothing exist, you are not real. And then they feel a profound relief and release and a sense of boundless freedom.

Everything has its place right?
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Yes, this is why I said about dropping the labels and just experiencing certain properties.
I mean before water was labelled that it has properties that are different from other things.
It's that straightforward. Only a non dualists belief would water down (excuse the pun) the realness of it.
There's a useful point there, that there are properties behind the labels. Certainly water seems to have different qualities to ice. Yet they are not truly different. There is an underlying sameness (or oneness) beneath the surface appearance.
Old Today, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
No attempts to define Non Duality here. It can't be done. But yes, we experience an apparent duality with opposites, but I find this not to be true.
Why can’t you define non duality?

Considering what you’re sharing about how you define yourself within the whole, I’m surprised the experience of non duality is difficult for you to define?

I’m curious?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : Today at 01:59 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked
Old Today, 12:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Why can’t you define non duality?
The philosophy can be defined but I don't see how the experience can be defined. It's kind of like a story told by Dr. Bruce Greyson about NDE researchers interviewing near death experiencers who say certain aspects of what they experienced is beyond words, at which point the researchers say "Great, tell me all about it". LOL!
Old Today, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
The philosophy can ...
... "Great, tell me all about it". LOL!
@J_A_S_G post #187

Hahaha, but you can use allot of words to approximate evermore.
If you keep talking about it and we don't argue with the words, but we ask clarification. That's nice right?

One time, I heard nde experience explained like this. There was a water or river there. But it wasn't anything like any water I have seen on earth. It is pure crystal clear reflecting beautiful light. The river was made out of liquid diamond.

Liquid Diamond! That's pretty epic to me. Very creative way to describe what was seen.
Old Today, 01:34 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Liquid Diamond! That's pretty epic to me. Very creative way to describe what was seen.
A truck driver who had a NDE related to Dr. Greyson it was like going through a tailpipe, not a tunnel. Hahaha!

But seriously, much of the way NDEs are related is based on worldly experience that in some respect is 'like' an asepct of the nde. An analogy or metaphor, just like liquid diamond!