Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Experience everything you come in contact with as they truly are. Experience hot as being hot, cold as being cold, left as being left, right as being right, without being judgmental about what you are experiencing.
If I call something cold that is red hot does it change what happens when I touch it? Does it change the experience of hot?

Can I see atoms? Protons and neutrons? Electrons and quarks? Photons, gluons and bosons? If not then I can't see things as they truly are, and this is just on the physical level, and string theorists posit those particles aren't real, that they are just manifestations of more fundamental strings.

When reality is constructed in mind, does mind directly perceive and account for the intricacies of the Standard Model of particle physics when creating its facsimile of reality? Or does mind receive only the tiniest amount of surface information via the sense organs that's necessary for navigating the world's hazards and rewards, then does it's best job reconstructing a simulation of reality with extremely limited information? Just enough information to avoid the tiger, find the food, find a mate.

To get a more accurate picture of physical reality we need particle colliders to gather information and supercomputers to make some sense of the information, and even then scientists will admit that it's just a model of what actually is. The phenomena (the thing as it appears) and not the noumena (the thing as it is).

As Dirty Harry's mind would have said if it was the movie's lead "A mind's got to know its limitations". LOL! https://youtu.be/CG2cux_6Rcw

Mind is woefully inadequate perceiving the finite so how is it possible for mind to perceive the Infinite nondual?

Last edited by J_A_S_G : Yesterday at 02:07 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
I never experience being over there.
It's sometimes described as an experience of not moving through the world but the world moving through me. Muktananda described it as something like "Earth, Moon, Sun and stars revolve inside me".
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
If I call something cold that is red hot does it change what happens when I touch it? Does it change the experience of hot?
Will you call something red hot, when that something is cold? If you will then why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
Can I see atoms? Protons and neutrons? Electrons and quarks? If not then I can't see things as they truly are, and this is just on the physical level.
No you should not see atoms, Protons and neutrons, Electrons and quarks because atoms, Protons and neutrons, Electrons and quarks are all illusions that are not real remember? Here you go again trying to prove a point with things that are illusory not real. But ok, i will play along with you wanting to be literal, so lets be literal....

Can I see and experience every single pore of a perrsons skin just by seeing and observing the person as a whole? Nope! Do I see the tv that is front of me right now, that I am using to respond to a forum posting, a tv that is made up of atoms, Protons and neutrons, Electrons and quarks? Yes! Believing that atoms, Protons and neutrons, Electrons and quarks exist is a form of non-perception knowing.
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM
Knower

Closer To Truth is one of my favorite YT channels and here's a video just published.

Eastern Traditions: What are Ultimate Existence and Essence? https://youtu.be/2dW4cYbjK3c

What I found particularly interesting is the discussion on Buddhism with Professor Jay Garfield, and specifically on emptiness and intrinsic identity. I think it's also called dependent origination?

From the Advaita perspective it seems to align with the principle of intrinsic vs. extrinsic existence, i.e. the real vs. the unreal.