Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
I think the goal of ancient meditation, Enlightenment and Liberation, was not only through enhancing the brain.
It was also about good behaviour, detachment and a peaceful and pure heart.
Also about norms, values and ethics.

But the actions of every being should be respected, as long as another is not negatively involved.
So if you want to get enlightened through scientifically stimulating the brain, that's ok with me (and I'm sure with a lot of others too).

I personally prefer a natural kind of life. Especially when it comes to spiritual development.

There certainly exists diversity and multiplicity of personalities.

Interesting opinion! Agree.
Old 19-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone
The whole point of meditation as far as I see it is to go inward, but if I have to rely on going outward to to gain my peace and have to depend on it then you are going to be dependant!

you must stick to the biological system you have to investigate your own internal rythmns and thought patterns, that is feeling and listening to your own body, feeling and listening to your own breath, feeling and listening to your own thoughts....and analysis and applying it.

binuaral beats and other outside constructions do not really address this dependency.

The feeling and listening to your body, your soul and your thoughts is something!... Meditations are worth it!
Old 19-02-2016, 08:53 AM
Knower

Very interesting and deep post. Made me think of something
Old 23-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Very interesting post!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Guide
Well meditation has science. It improves us at different level of consciousness and keep our mind balanced,
It helps us in understanding matter better, whether it is science or other matters.
Person starts with simple meditation and with basics of meditation he grew upon basic meditation and find path to improve self upon daily regular 40 minutes meditation in long run and goes walking smoothly in his life which may be fast but balanced due to meditation. :)
As days passes we grow our consciousness to deep lower levels of subliminal state (higher state of consciousness).