Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 16-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Master

One Tattered Angel-A True Story

One Tattered Angel, by Blaine M. Yorgason. A True Story

Just finished this short book in a few hours.

It is a Christian family who adopt a infant who was born without a brain.

Tho I am not a Christian, I found this to be a very inspirational book that gave answers to questions most Christians seem to be perplexed about.

Especially interesting was this Christian's assessment as to why this child came into their lives. I said "Bravo! This Christian gets it!"

Quoting from page 39. Author is speaking to his wife:

"...But more than that, the thought came to me that this is not a current decision, if that makes any sense. I'm not sure I understand this, but I believe that all of us (the entire family), including Charity (the infant without a brain), agreed to be a family long before any of us was born........I also had the feeling that Charity willingly accepted her birth defect, in part, at least, because it would help her come to us. In spite of that....she is an incredibly righteous and powerful soul with a brilliant and active mind. It doesn't matter what handicaps having no physical brain will bring. I know she will always be aware of us and cognizant of what is transpiring around her."

And then towards the end of the book there is the incident of the mentally challenged dishwasher in the hospital cafeteria who teaches the author what a "warm spirit" is.

Awesome book! All packaged in 130 pages.