Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Administrator
A Christmas Meditaiton

Hello

I found this in a Christmas book I was reading. I thougt I would share it here. I was very moved by it as I took it from the page of the book and copied it into me computer.....

Felt the peace of the time of year come in....now a HUGE fan of this time of year....but maybe reading this might help some......

A Christmas Meditation by Jeanne W. Rosenberger

I saw Christmas….

It was a beautiful thing to see.
It was all red and green, and sparkly in colour.
It as tinseled stars, snow-clad hills, and scented pine trees.
It was gay packages, colored lights, happy Santa’s, and prancing reindeer.
It as stuffed turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and wished-for electric trains.
It was a stocking hung by the chimney, a sleepy little boy, a warm crackling fire.
It as a humble bed of straw, a radiant Mother, a beautiful baby.

I heard Christmas…

As greetings were exchanged over the counter, and along the street.
I heard Christmas, form the choir as it was practicing a cantata from a group of carolers as they lifted their voices in the glorious harmony of “ Silent Night.”
I heard Christmas in the scuff of sandaled feet as Shepherds and Wise Men crossed the fields to enter Bethlehem, bearing their treasured gifts.

I felt Christmas…

It was a beautiful thing to feel.
I felt it all around me and it enfolded me as a warm, soft cloak.
I felt it in the very cold tingle of the air.
I felt it in the mass of humanity moving around me in a closer walk of brotherhood, where quarrels are forgotten--wrongs righted--and a smile on the face of all.
I felt Christmas in the very presence of the New Born King.
I felt Him so near, I could almost touch the hem of His garment.
I felt the true meaning and the Spirit of Christmas, as it renewed itself in each man’s heart.
I felt that life and death again held purpose and meaning through the birthday of a King !

I saw Christmas…..I heard Christmas…..I felt Christmas…

An I knew that, once again there would be “Peace on Earth, Good will towards all men.”

I might have just found the Christmas Message I will send forth to friends....

Lynn