Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Experiencer

Am I off-track somehow?

Long story short, I sing and play guitar, and want to make it a career. I've decided the best thing to do to start with would be to find another musician to play with, as sort of a mini-band, to get better and be sure it's what I want to do before diving into it. So I've been searching for another musician. I've asked friends in the area, looked up music schools and stores, looked for existing bands needing a lead singer... nothing. I don't feel safe using classifieds like Craigslist for something like this, so finding someone with a mutual connection who can recommend them would be ideal. But it seems like no matter how hard I try, I just can't find anyone who plays an instrument.

Am I missing something? Is there something else I'm supposed to do before I do this? I have tried meditating on it and such and not gotten anything in particular. ANy thoughts on how to figure out if I need to be doing something else before starting a band? It's getting frustrating.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Ivy

Maybe you're meant to go solo without a band.

Have you put yourself a set together and tried to find small gigs? You can book a recording studio for an afternoon and record some of your stuff, if it's good you can sell it independently. You can also put your music on youtube.

Places to look for work would be in special interest music magazines, in the classifieds there. You could also get some business cards made, and if you go to gigs and like a band, give them a card and let them know that you're available if they need someone.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Experiencer

Well, part of the problem there is I'm having trouble figuring out how to write my own songs. Shouldn't be hard, but the first one seems to be.

Special interest music magazines... not entirely sure what that is, but I'll check around and see if I can find anything. Thanks for posting :-)
Old 08-08-2014, 02:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello Hanalei,

Put your request out to the Universe or ask the Angels to help you find a musician.

Best wishes to you in your search !

Dream Angel xx