Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Ascender

How to differentiate between Dreams and Visions?

Hello Everyone,

Just as the title of this thread states, how do you differentiate between dreams and visions (of the future)?

Are there any specific signs within the dream or anything to differentiate between the two?

Are visions dreams that you can't remember, or are visions dreams that you're full aware of and have no trouble remembering?

What are your thoughts?
Old 11-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Badger1777

Well, for me, they just feel different. And also dreams that are just dreams often make little sense (or at least mine don't). The story will jump around all over the place and you can't take much from it because it's just so illogical.

A vision on the other hand tends to be brief but very vivid and detailed. And logical.

A couple of examples. My car becomes pedal powered = dream. Whereas, I'm in my car, in a traffic jam but the lane to my left which branches off a different way is clear, I decide to go that way, check my mirrors, clear, I pull out just in time to see a speeding white pickup of known make and model, BANG = vision. On that latter example, I actually forgot the vision that had plagued me repeatedly the night before, until I found myself in that traffic jam, and decided to pull out. Mirror check, clear. Went to pull out, suddenly remember the vision, jumped on the brake BEFORE I crossed the line into the other lane, and that's when the speeding truck appeared from nowhere, and would have T-boned my car had I not hesitated having remembered this vision.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Master

Well, many of us could write an essay, but...
Dreams throw up our repressed fears, guilt etc that we need to confront.

Visions, (not everyone has them) may not be directed at you and you know or feel it as it makes no sense to you as it is a message for someone else. Some may be for you and are a warning or a sign to do something, only you know and it is for you to interpret.
Many dreams have rapid flashes and we don't remember them, hence repetitive dreams occur as a sign of the importance!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Master

To me visions can feel different, like one "knows" its reality but this isnt always the case, the knowing feel can at times be missed..

Visions are often like small snippets of info. I thought Badger described it well
"A vision on the other hand tends to be brief but very vivid and detailed. And logical."

To me the visions also often occur differently to my dreams eg it can be like watching something on a movie screen. Ive had visions of past life info like that.

Another time it was like flashes of clear intense detail within the experience eg I had gone out of body and was talking to possibly the astral body of a shop owner down the road (who does have a real shop there). He brought up the topic of a flood happening and started talking about it. While was speaking, I started getting visions coming into my AP/LD, it was like I could actually see the clear images of what we were talking about as we were in a different place speaking about it.

Three days later the Katherine Flood happened which killed people, on the news I actually seen the actual images/pictures again which I had the visions on, identical shots of it and of things in this flood.

Anyway, visions are very real like but may be flashing in or in the scene you are in small, or like moving across in front of your eyes. Maybe others experience them differently, but this is how I do. A well developed crown chakra can help to know what is vision and what is just dream.

I was reading a book by one psychic and she was saying that she knows which of her dreams are more then just dreams as she gets a symbol of a circle coming into her dream as a sign. (I havent heard anyone else say this but it would be quite likely there may be a some kind of sign come in just before a vision starts, I havent yet noticed it).
Old 12-07-2014, 01:51 AM
Master
To me

Vision - I see it clear like a movie detail by detail and when I wake up I remember everything in the dream and I just can't forget about it and usually I know what it means.

Dream - It doesn't make sense, I don't remember it as clear and it has no meaning to it. Its just a dream!
Old 13-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Ascender

So from the responses that have been posted so far, its safe to say that Dreams are very random imaging in our sleep whereas Visions are very realistic images of what is going to happen in our future.

Now which brings me to this question: What is the difference between Lucid dreams and Visions? Do you consider them the same?