Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 29-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, I read Erin Pavlina book. I did not expect to like the book. I thought the book was very good and she deserves credit for it. I read the whole book. I did not skip anything. I think I rate her book the best book I have read. I am going to read it again.

I like some of what has she has said about other things online but some I do not. Maybe later I will consider her book if i feel drawn to it. Sometimes the things we like a lot can surprise us. I don't think I want to get any more ap books now until I get closer to actually astral projecting or actually am able to astral project.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 29-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account

I read bulhman's book adventures of the soul and liked it. Writing wise,i do not know if he is the best writer and wish the research could've been better and some of his info seemed biased like what is wrong with preferring form...he never did say but i liked a lot of what he had to say and found it comforting. I found what he said about a lot of things very interesting and even things that weren't about astral projecting that he talked about like after death. It wasn't a bad book and i don't regret buying it probably not the best book ever,though. It's such a niche topic though,may be hard to find a really great book well written and well researched book.

Old 29-07-2014, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I read bulhman's book adventures of the soul and liked it. Writing wise,i do not know if he is the best writer and wish the research could've been better and some of his info seemed biased like what is wrong with preferring form...he never did say but i liked a lot of what he had to say and found it comforting. I found what he said about a lot of things very interesting and even things that weren't about astral projecting that he talked about like after death. It wasn't a bad book and i don't regret buying it probably not the best book ever,though. It's such a niche topic though,may be hard to find a really great book well written and well researched book.

I personally didn't like Buhlman's Adventures of the Soul in that it wasn't an "instruction book", which is what I was looking for at the time.

The Adventures Beyond the Body, though, is instruction.

I think that what helps in reading other people's accounts of APs/OBE is their descriptions of what happens, which causes us to visualize. There is something about that which is useful, even if it does predispose us to "see" what other people have seen.

I found it most compelling to hear what intentions people had for their projections. But everyone is different.

Lora
Old 29-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Suspended

l don't think anyone has mentioned Robert Bruce's books. He's written quite a few and Astral Dynamics was regarded as one of the bibles on the subject not long ago.

Part 1: ELEMENTS OF PROJECTION

Chapter 1-Dimensional Theory
Chapter 2-The Projectible Double
Chapter 3-The Incredible "Mind-Split" Effect
Chapter 4-Astral Sight
Chapter 5-Waking Paralysis
Chapter 6-OBE and Perception
Chapter 7-Your Higher Self and You

Part 2: NEW ENERGY WAYS

Chapter 8-You and Your Energy Body
Chapter 9-Running Energy
Chapter 10-Primary Energy Center Work
Chapter 11-Energy Work Issues

Part 3: CORE SKILLS

Chapter 12-Deep Physical Relaxation
Chapter 13-Taming the Mind
Chapter 14-Achieving The Altered State

Part 4: PROJECTION EXIT AND TECHNIQUE

Chapter 15-Preperations for Projection
Chapter 16-OBE Exercises and Techniques
Chapter 17-More OBE Techniques and Variations
Chapter 18-Projection Exit Problems
Chapter 19-Overcoming the Mind-Split
Chapter 20-Lucid Dreaming and OBES
Chapter 21-The Astral Form in Motion

Part 5: THE AKASHIC CONNECTION

Chapter 22-The Astral Planes
Chapter 23-Connecting the Chords
Chapter 24-The Akashic Records
Chapter 25-The "Astral Wind"

Part 6: STRANGE ASTRAL PHENOMENA

Chapter 26-OBE and "Reality Fluctuations"
Chapter 27-Higher Dimensional Levels
Chapter 28-Astral Beings and Wildlife
Chapter 29-Fear-Based Issues and Solutions
Chapter 30-Astral Noise and Things That Go Bump in The Night
Chapter 31-Working with your "Higher Self"
Old 29-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
l don't think anyone has mentioned Robert Bruce's books. He's written quite a few and Astral Dynamics was regarded as one of the bibles on the subject not long ago.

Part 1: ELEMENTS OF PROJECTION

Chapter 1-Dimensional Theory
Chapter 2-The Projectible Double
Chapter 3-The Incredible "Mind-Split" Effect
Chapter 4-Astral Sight
Chapter 5-Waking Paralysis
Chapter 6-OBE and Perception
Chapter 7-Your Higher Self and You

Part 2: NEW ENERGY WAYS

Chapter 8-You and Your Energy Body
Chapter 9-Running Energy
Chapter 10-Primary Energy Center Work
Chapter 11-Energy Work Issues

Part 3: CORE SKILLS

Chapter 12-Deep Physical Relaxation
Chapter 13-Taming the Mind
Chapter 14-Achieving The Altered State

Part 4: PROJECTION EXIT AND TECHNIQUE

Chapter 15-Preperations for Projection
Chapter 16-OBE Exercises and Techniques
Chapter 17-More OBE Techniques and Variations
Chapter 18-Projection Exit Problems
Chapter 19-Overcoming the Mind-Split
Chapter 20-Lucid Dreaming and OBES
Chapter 21-The Astral Form in Motion

Part 5: THE AKASHIC CONNECTION

Chapter 22-The Astral Planes
Chapter 23-Connecting the Chords
Chapter 24-The Akashic Records
Chapter 25-The "Astral Wind"

Part 6: STRANGE ASTRAL PHENOMENA

Chapter 26-OBE and "Reality Fluctuations"
Chapter 27-Higher Dimensional Levels
Chapter 28-Astral Beings and Wildlife
Chapter 29-Fear-Based Issues and Solutions
Chapter 30-Astral Noise and Things That Go Bump in The Night
Chapter 31-Working with your "Higher Self"

his is probably the one i would buy next if i buy another astral projecting book later on down the line.

Old 30-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbody
My personal favorites.. Robert Monroe Journeys, he wrote this book without any spiritual bias. Just how, what, when and where. Then I would say William Buhlmans Adventures, it's the best how to book in my opinion. A third book would be Less Incomplete by Sandi Gustas. I really enjoyed this one, it delves into other spiritual topics like karma, soul contracts and reincarnation. Worth a look :)

I would like to thank you for recommending Less Incomplete by Sandi Gustas. I read this book after your post and thought it was excellent. The ideas she presented are derived from Waldo Vieira's book of Conscientiology and they resonated with me quite a bit. It doesn't give much helpful instruction on how to AP but I agree with others here that instruction on how to AP is very difficult to obtain from a book, if not impossible.. What I liked about her book was the context in which she places AP. As the subtitle says, the book is a guide to experiencing the human condition beyond the physical body and I believe it describes the condition very well and accurately describes one's purpose in life. Thanks again for suggesting it.
Old 30-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I like some of what has she has said about other things online but some I do not. Maybe later I will consider her book if i feel drawn to it. Sometimes the things we like a lot can surprise us. I don't think I want to get any more ap books now until I get closer to actually astral projecting or actually am able to astral project.
You are doing the right thing. It is best to practice.
Old 30-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You are doing the right thing. It is best to practice.
Yeah,true i dont really know where to start in a way that is best for me. I did lucid dream vividly the other day,maybe i should start inducing that to happen more often see if that helps.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 AM
RNbyday

I just read Erin's book cover to cover last night. I had spontaneously AP'ed a few times and discovered this forum looking for answers. I wasn't actively trying to AP but two nights ago I had a very good experience thanks to tips I had read on here.

After putting her book down at 5 am I listened to my meditations and a short while later found myself at the stage of sleep paralysis and my body vibrating. I was just about to AP when my husband rolled over grabbed on to my arm with both of his and laid on top of my arm. It was as if he knew I was "leaving" and he was holding me back. It was so strange it was comical and I chuckled to myself. I tried to remove his arms but was still in a state of paralysis. Eventually I was able to move and took his hands off, but then he woke up and started talking to me which was strange for him so early in the morning.

I swear it was his subconscious keeping me back. I told him about it and now he wants to try it with me. I hope he doesn't try holding me back again