Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-05-2014, 07:34 PM
yumi14

AP'dream in a dream, or real deal? plus guides and age question.

Hmmmm....I had a strange experience last night.

I was dreaming that I was younger, at my prime. I was full of vitality again and in a happier place emotionally. I was in a home, surrounded by people. I was sitting in a chair asleep I guess, and I felt my body lift away from my body. A new person walked by and she told me she could see me. I got spooked and went back in my body.

I decided to try this again after getting more comfortable with the idea and decided to embrace the experience.

I once again lifted out of my body, but this time a new person was besides me. I walked over to the wall and fused with it and came out the other side into a beautiful day, with trees and others houses around. Whoever was with me stayed with me and we were both reveling in this experience.

Next thing I know, we both were somewhere shopping in a bookstore.

Then we fused back into the wall and I was back in my chair and woke up.

The thing that makes me wonder if this was just a dream of AP within a dream, is because I was actually physically in my bed.

I assume we have guides or people that follow us when we AP, so that part was quite accurate.

So, also....while we AP, are we free to choose our age? This part I'm thrown a loop for. I say, I must have been 20 again. I have not felt that good in such a long time.

Thanks for any input :)
Old 27-05-2014, 03:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Hmmmm....I had a strange experience last night.

I was dreaming that I was younger, at my prime. I was full of vitality again and in a happier place emotionally. I was in a home, surrounded by people. I was sitting in a chair asleep I guess, and I felt my body lift away from my body. A new person walked by and she told me she could see me. I got spooked and went back in my body.

I decided to try this again after getting more comfortable with the idea and decided to embrace the experience.

I once again lifted out of my body, but this time a new person was besides me. I walked over to the wall and fused with it and came out the other side into a beautiful day, with trees and others houses around. Whoever was with me stayed with me and we were both reveling in this experience.

Next thing I know, we both were somewhere shopping in a bookstore.

Then we fused back into the wall and I was back in my chair and woke up.

The thing that makes me wonder if this was just a dream of AP within a dream, is because I was actually physically in my bed.

I assume we have guides or people that follow us when we AP, so that part was quite accurate.

So, also....while we AP, are we free to choose our age? This part I'm thrown a loop for. I say, I must have been 20 again. I have not felt that good in such a long time.

Thanks for any input :)
Well first off I would like to state that when you were dreaming you were already inside of your astral body so the whole leaving one body for another thing was likely just energetic magnetism and/or an illusion created by the belief of leaving your body. Even through astral projection we never really "leave our physical body" in the sense of one body leaving another body. The reason behind this is that our astral body and physical body exist in completely different dimensions and so it's not possible for one of them to be inside, outside, or to leave or enter one another. The only thing that leaves our physical body during dreaming and/or projecting is our consciousness, nothing more.

With that cleared up I would like to explain a bit that dreaming and astral projection is not as simple as us dreaming or projecting into one singular astral body that is dormant unless we're dreaming or projecting. In fact we can dream or project into many different bodies that exist in many different dimensions. We have other extensions of "us" living parallel lives in parallel dimensions and we can experience them through dreams and projections. So it's possible that what you experienced was another "younger" extension of you living in one of these parallel "physical-like" dimensions. I say physical-like because life in them is very similar to our life in the physical dimension but the only major differences are the physics of way things work. Which gave you the ability to levitate, experience energetic magnetism, move into and out of the wall, etc. Moving through objects in most of these other dimensions is pretty basic stuff but if you lose your focus and/or purposely stop moving through the wall while you're in it you can definitely become stuck in it or something along those lines that would give you the feeling of forging into the wall. In my dreams and projections I have personally experienced brief moments of living in the "body" of many different beings of all different ages, races, sexes, etc.

With that said astral projection/dreaming is not like some character creation program where you can choose the ACTUAL color of your skin, your sex, your age, etc. You certainly can experience being older, younger, etc. but it's usually going to happen randomly. It will usually happen when you least expect it to, it's weird but that is just how things tend to work for some reason. Image isn't as static in many of these other dimensions as it is in the physical dimension though so in the right dimension under the right circumstances you could definitely change your outward appearance into the look of a younger being, but that doesn't mean you're actually any younger. Although just keep in mind when you're experiencing these other extensions of "you" typically you're not going to automatically look how "you" look in the physical dimension. When I wasn't aware of what was actually occurring in my dreams and projections and thought I was just dreaming/projecting into some singular astral body every time and I looked in a mirror either I saw a distorted image of myself or nothing at all. It's almost like the Universe protects us from things we're not ready to see or deal with yet. But over time events kept happening where I started to realize I was projecting into the bodies of other extensions of "me" and many different bodies at that. Over time I began to be able to see what these other extensions of "me" actually looked like and that is when things began to get really interesting!
Old 27-05-2014, 05:54 AM
yumi14

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my thread :). I really appreciate the insights you presented a great deal! :)
Old 27-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Seeker

AE, that explanation makes sense to me in so many ways. MANY of my dreams that go lucid are events that happened while I was in Iraq in 2003, and most if not all of them are very similar to the actual event being played out, but there is always a very distinct element that is not what I remember, I.E. different person in varying places, alternate outcomes, and then theres the aspect of it that lets me see outside of myself at the same time. I hadnt thought of it like that until now and I think that is easier to digest than how I had been handling it.