Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 17-01-2014, 12:45 AM
kattykamille

Meditating with Crystals - Opening third eye

I'm a beginner when it comes to meditating... and my question is. What is the best way to start? Any crystal recommendations.

Also, is it best to hold the crystal in your left hand (the receiving hand) or to place it near you or... on a chakra area depending on the meditation.

Any input would be great :)

I once did a cleansing/vibration raising group meditation with a tumbled rose quartz and that was absolutely amazing. I was spinning in complete warm nothingness? So it felt like.

I'm more curious about meditations for opening the third eye...

Ive had plenty of astral projection experiences however they have stopped recently. So perhaps using a certain crystal to help open up that chakra would be recommended.

A few crystals that I have for third eye, higher reals, psychic related purposes are:

Moldavite, selenite, howlite, clear quartz, kynite, sugalite

Old 17-01-2014, 12:57 AM
eternal mind

Hey there. Im quite new at meditating and crystal work too. As far as I know there are techniques that involve putting stones on chakras that are associated with them. Holding the stone in the left hand is also a technique I've read about. There are no wrong techniques, there are only those that work more effectively and less effectively based on the individual. Although, I would also be very interested in hearing the responses of those who are more knowledgeable about this topic.
Old 17-01-2014, 04:13 AM
Knower

I only know what works for me, so this might not be relevant to you, but - for me - sometimes just seeing what another person is doing or has experienced will help open my mind or bring my attention to something I hadn't considered before, and it's wonderfully helpful. So...

First, I firmly believe that spiritual endeavors - meditation, expansion of awareness, energy healing, etc - are entirely do-able without tools (crystals, icons, mirrors, candles, a pendulum, divination cards, etc). Fact is, in my own experience, tools can easily skew the results of what I'm trying to accomplish. They do, after all, have their own energy.

I've not had any bad experiences when using tools; worst that's ever happened was, nothing happened. I couldn't get the answer I was looking for. So I don't think tools are dangerous or anything like that; I just don't think they're necessary, and sometimes they could complicate things more than be of assistance.

That said, if I'm meditating for a specific reason - in need of an answer, for example - I might choose a stone or crystal that has the kind of 'vibe' that will help me focus on my purpose. I would not recommend making this kind of choice based on external information (like from an internet search, a book, or the advice of a practitioner who isn't actually working with you and thoroughly familiarized with your personal energy). To use this kind of tool, in my opinion, it's best if one is able to directly perceive (feel, see, or otherwise sense) the energy of the tool well enough to determine whether or not its energy will be helpful. And, along similar lines of reasoning, I'd say 'when in doubt, do without'.

Kattyk, I absolutely adore howlite! I have three pieces that practically live in my pockets -- their energy helps take the sharper edges off my anger when stress has jacked my temper up to unreasonable levels (which happens all to frequently these days).

Again, this is just based on my own personal experience so please take it with a grain of salt, but for meditation I usually stick with clear quartz if I use anything. Other crystals and stones often have very specific types of energy, whereas - at least for me - clear quartz simply assists with my focus and helps amplify any energy work I'm doing without changing the energy in any way. I like that - I trust it.

Oh -- one notable exception: If I'm sad or otherwise in emotional distress, I'm likely to hang on to a large chunk of calcite as I go into meditation (and when I sleep as well). If my distress largely involves another person, I'll most likely choose either yellow or orange (depending on the nature of the relationship); if it's more about circumstances, I'll choose green. On very rare occasions, I'll choose rose quartz. Can't really say why that one comes up for me sometimes; I make the choices as the need arises, and I've never found a pattern to when the rose quartz seems like the best choice. These are all very soothing for me when I'm distressed, though. And, again, you might not experience the same effect from these stones; if you're sensitive to crystal/stone energy, though, you'll be able to find the ones that do help you in that way -- or in any other way you feel is necessary -- simply by being near enough to feel their energy.

Yikes. I can't even imagine being able to choose stones to have on hand if you can't go to a store (either a metaphysical shop or a lapidary -- I am blessed to have access to both in my area). Don't know why that thought popped into my head. Kattyk, where did you get your stones? Just curious.

Please keep us posted as you continue -- looking forward to hearing about what you decide for your meditation and how it goes for you. =-)
Old 17-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Havardr Novak

I am going to some definitional uses of the stones you listed and other stones that will help, if you already know this info cool, I am just trying to help out.

These are off the top of my head the best for meditation for astral projections/ third eye. When I do such meditations I use 1 piece of tektite, 2 pieces of labradorite, 1 Amethyst, 2 fluorite, 1 serpentine, and 1 Kyanite as that is what I have.

For meditation/ Astral projection/ Third eye chakra
-Labradorite - Assists in the discovery and practice of magic celestial magic and astral magic, unleashing power of imagination while releasing perceived limitations.
-Serpentine - Excellent for meditation related to the heart chakra, was said that people like Einstein and tesla would keep these on their desks as they worked. Clears clouded chakras.
-Fluorite - Most people refer to it as the multitasking stone as it increases concentration, and heighten your intuition. Also amplifies other stones
-Amethyst - Used for Joy, love, cleansing, healing, light, divine connections, astral work, dreams
-Kyanite - Aligns chakras, never needs cleansing, communication and clarity.
-Sodalite - Balances emotions aids in meditation
-Tektite - Strongly aids in lucid and prophetic dreaming as well as astral projection.
-Iolite - It clears the third eye chakra. It is a stone of vision and creative expression
-Azurite - speeds the vibration of energy toward the spiritual realm.
Azurite has a transformative quality that stimulates an increase in communication skills, intuition, creativity and inspiration.

What is listed below aside from Moldavite Are all for love and heart chakra they are usable for other reasons but not the best for third Eye.
Moldavite unless your lucky tends to cost a lot but if you get a piece then its a good idea to keep it and use it.

-Rose Quartz - love, emotional healing, friend ship and calm Works on the heart chakra.
-SELENITE -Brings mental clarity, Helps one to access angelic guidance, Quickly unblocks stagnant energy, Instills a deep peace
Named for Selene, an ancient Moon goddess ,It is exchanged between lovers for reconciliation.
-HOWLITE - The stone is also worn to lend energy to the body.
It is a super-calming stone and many people use it to relieve stress of all kinds. It makes an excellent antidote to insomnia due to an overactive mind.
-MOLDAVITE -This highly treasured stone is widely effective in metaphysical practice. Moldavite accelerates one's spiritual path.
Moldavite evolves the spirit. Clears blockages, Awakens the intellegence of the heart, Disconnects one from unhealthy attachments, Makes dreams more vivid and meaningful, Increases synchronicities, Spiritual catalyst
-Sugilite - is considered one of the most important love stones. It represents spiritual love and wisdom - opening and aligning all the chakras to love with its beautiful purple rays.
This loving stone teaches and protects in matters of spiritual quests, love, and forgiveness.
Protects the soul from shocks and trauma, Clears disappointments and relieves spiritual tension, Brings light and love to the darkest situations, Aids forgiveness by eliminating hostility

I could easily find more stones / info but if you just want stones then what is listed is the best to use aside from the love stones those are for obviously other reasons. But like Plural said "" I would not recommend making this kind of choice based on external information (like from an internet search, a book, or the advice of a practitioner who isn't actually working with you and thoroughly familiarized with your personal energy). "" Some stones may work for you while others don't and some need to be fined tuned. Like I prefer not to use Azurite cant stand its energies.

When you do meditate I advise have whatever stones you wish to use in your receptive hand... that being which ever hand that is not your prominent so if you are right handed your projective hand is right and receptive is left and vise versa for lefties. This allows you to receive the energies better than if the were in you projective hand you would get less as you would be projecting a lot of the energy away instead of receiving it.

And when getting stones regardless of information on them they usually need to be cleansed of other energies from previous owners, and such of that sort or you could get some bad energies or vibes when using them.
Old 18-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Pathfinder
wow, i was just about to post this same thing before i found this thread, thanks guys :P