Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 12-01-2014, 12:51 AM
thepoignantone

Consolidation of Collective Knowledge

Hello,
In my travels through the dark and mysterious place known as the World Wide Web, I have noticed something I would like to fix. While there is much information floating about, attached to forums, blogs, YouTube channels, and other such websites, there is no place to find accurate, proven knowledge about crystals and how to use them. Because of this, I would like to start a YouTube series which would, starting from the basics, give an comprehensive overview of crystals, their properties, their uses, and how to use them. While this will be more than informative than demonstrative, I believe this would be a great resource for armature crystal advocates. For example, episode one would be about nothing but the composition of crystals, how they are created, how they are structured, etc... Episode two would be about energy, and how it relates to crystals. Episode three could be all about chakras, episode four about chakras in relation to crystal healing, and you get the gist.
My question is whether this is something that you would like to see happen. And if so, if anybody would like to contribute or collaborate with me in the making of this series.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
Master

I think you should look around again to see if what you plan is really necessary. There is an enormous amount of such information around online; I have little problem finding what I need when I need it. I also own several books I can look up such things in. By all means go ahead though, if you think you can do it better or have knowledge beyond what you can find already.
Old 13-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Likes2Read

I know there is a lot of information scattered about, but it's never a bad thing to have another perspective to refer to. Everyone's take on a given topic will be unique, and you never know which viewers will see your personal treatment of these topics and have something "click" for them.

I've had that happen before, where one instructor on a given topic might as well have been speaking Sanskrit for all the clarity it had for me. And then another person, covering precisely the same material, said just the right thing and I had my "Aha!" moment.

So, go for it. You might be the source of someone's "Aha!" moment. :)
Old 14-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Master
Sure you can do another one of those. But what you're describing is indeed re-inventing the wheel. That information is sort of the basics and can be found anywhere and everywhere and any good book on crystals will give that info too.
And sure, if you feel strongly about it, go for it! Like the previous poster said, you might give someone an "Aha" feeling.
Old 15-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoignantone
there is no place to find accurate, proven knowledge about crystals and how to use them.

Perhaps there is no proven knowledge about how to use gemstones in the spiritual sense.

Historically, amethyst was used as a charm against drunkenness. Now it's only mentioned as a way to unlock psychic powers.

Some people would rather stick to the traditional association. Other people prefer the modern. Still other people prefer an intuitive relationship (like I have with my favorite amethyst, which does neither to my sobriety or psychism.)

You should definitely make that YouTube series if you want to throw in your two cents, but consolidating your own personal collective knowledge and claiming that it's The Accurate And Proven Everything About Crystals is quite ambitious!
Old 20-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Whitepath

What i do with mine is basically channel energy into peoples chakras and ive seen great results, they feel it and are just amazed and now more people i see are starting to carry them. But i feel its more than just carrying them. Its also fun to have people make a bowl with their hands, then hold yours facing each other and focus your energy into an orb then slowly lower it into there hands