Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Bodhi_Spirit

Booooo scary haunting shows.....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought or said this. Why is it that all the television shows that have to do with ghost, spirits, etc have to go for scare vs understanding? I mean even the shows where they are trying to help people in need, the show will have this element of scary with the creepy music and editing. What really gets me though is when you have these dummies that will go into someones home whom may need help badly and start challenging the spirits or entities without knowing what they're really facing. To me that is a level of ignorance that goes beyond words. It some cases it could be like poking a rabid wolf with a stick and expecting nothing to come of it.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Niebla0007

Mm, haunting shows surely gives entities in general a negative meaning -
one of the cost of making shows dramatic. It surely affects the way people especially children view entities because of preconceive notions.
But I also think most people nowadays are more curious(rather than just scared) and open with the unknown and mysteries.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 AM
primrose

I agree with you both, but also think it has something to do with these shows getting ratings.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM
MyGirlFriday

According to Ghost Adventures every other haunting is a demon too. Drives me batty the amount of ignorance that goes on in these shows as well. It's why I stopped watching them.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Master
These shows perpetuate the image that the church and Hollywood have created. They are first and foremost entertainment and rely on ratings to stay on the air. Sadly, if they only investigated places with happy, good spirits, most people would quit watching. This is my opinion, but I do think they "create" some of the evp's and video images when they get nothing concrete. Otherwise, they would have no show. Spirits don't "perform" on demand. I enjoy watching them most of time, anyway.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:42 AM
sesheta

According to Ghost Adventures every other haunting is a demon too.

*** I didn't like that aspect of the show, either - it seemed more bent on ratings than actually presenting the information given. ***

I do, however, like the show Ghost Hunters - they at least will de-bunk what they can, and they also make a point of telling people that ghosts/hauntings are not necessarily something to be scared of....They say that ghosts are simply people who no longer have a physical form - they aren't there to purposely scare us!!
Or that sometimes it is a "residual" haunting - something that has no connection whatsoever to the current people at the location - it is simply a past event being constantly re-played - like a tape stuck on "replay"....