Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Knower
Materials and Memories

Do materials hold memories of the past? Can these memories be past on to the owner of the object in question?

Is mystical powers locked in certain objects which can be released with certain knowledge?

I have been in certain places and felt uncomfortable, I'm reasonable sure it was something locked in the air or the materials of the building in question. I have spoken to people and read about a lot of events that have occurred which correlate to my own experiences.

So it seems, some history is locked in some locations and resonates in the air and some materials and buildings, but why some and not others?
Old 26-11-2012, 12:35 AM
amy green

I am pretty sure objects that are worn, e.g. a ring can hold the energy of that person since a psychic can pick up information by holding a ring.

Old 26-11-2012, 04:09 AM
sesheta

Yes, objects & places can hold energies of the owner(s). Being able to pick up images, etc from holding objects is called psychometry. I have this ability to a limited extent (most likely limited by little I practise it, lol!)
I think this is also part of why some houses/buildings, etc are "haunted". It is simply a residual energy that people who are sensitive to it are able to pick up....
Old 26-11-2012, 04:37 AM
Henri77

Ditto

I've visited antique shops and had to leave, from the energies locked in objects.

Especially racks of used clothes.
Like being in Macy's during a holiday sale, a diverse mess of emotions.
Old 26-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Yes, objects & places can hold energies of the owner(s). Being able to pick up images, etc from holding objects is called psychometry. I have this ability to a limited extent (most likely limited by little I practise it, lol!)
I think this is also part of why some houses/buildings, etc are "haunted". It is simply a residual energy that people who are sensitive to it are able to pick up....

It's true! I used to live in an old house, older than me, never had an address until we had it arranged with the local government.

Twice I heard my mother's voice calling me, in the 2nd floor terrace while I watered her plants. But she's alive, she just left for the market, lol.

My grandmother reported seeing a tall man with a top-hat; the Victorian sort.

My mother used to see a very light-haired lady in her room several times.

So we suspected foreign people (Spanish?) had lived there before we did.

My point is that that house, for some reason, is very, very good at absorbing and holding energies, whether it be of the living or the dead.

And I think the same holds true for certain objects, I noticed this is especially true with things made of wood, or places that hold some kind of stagnant water.

Strangely enough that old house was made of stone... Oh well.

Old 26-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonia
Do materials hold memories of the past? Can these memories be past on to the owner of the object in question?

Is mystical powers locked in certain objects which can be released with certain knowledge?

So it seems, some history is locked in some locations and resonates in the air and some materials and buildings, but why some and not others?

I hope this analogy is useful: If you imagine...a writer writes a diary about how they are feeling. Years later, a person picks up the diary and is interested enough to read it. Because the person understands the language of the writer, they are able to empathise with what was written.

Energy works in a similar way...when somebody sends their energy out, it is like a ripple - the walls and objects absorb its vibration as it travels through them. And if you are sensitive to this sense, you will be able to feel and understand them, just like you would be able to empathise with something written down.

I don't believe it to be any more mystical than an echoe or the way smells are absorbed by materials.

Regarding your last question - I don't know, is the simple answer. Perhaps people are more sensitive to energies that resonate with them. Or perhaps it is certain quality of energy that people throw out for the universe to hear. It is an interesting question.
Old 27-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
It's true! I used to live in an old house, older than me, never had an address until we had it arranged with the local government.

Twice I heard my mother's voice calling me, in the 2nd floor terrace while I watered her plants. But she's alive, she just left for the market, lol.

My grandmother reported seeing a tall man with a top-hat; the Victorian sort.

My mother used to see a very light-haired lady in her room several times.

So we suspected foreign people (Spanish?) had lived there before we did.

My point is that that house, for some reason, is very, very good at absorbing and holding energies, whether it be of the living or the dead.

And I think the same holds true for certain objects, I noticed this is especially true with things made of wood, or places that hold some kind of stagnant water.

Strangely enough that old house was made of stone... Oh well.

Stone is, in fact, a very powerful source of energies. It holds and conducts them fantastically! No surprise to me that your stone house would do all you said.

Once I went in a store and saw a jade sculpture and it held such powerful negative energy I could not stay in that area of the store. Ugh. *shudders* It was awful.