Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 16-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Beckybooboo

How can you really, really believe in yourself spiritually?

Hi guys,

I'm a sufferer of depression/panic disorder/anxiety/OCD and I'm finding it really hard to conquer these illnesses.

I've done a lot of research on the law of attraction and was wondering if there's any way that I could positively manifest things into my life and allow them to happen? Thus, conquering my own demons?

Thank you.
Old 17-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Stillness_Speaks

I suggest you drop spirituality and use methods/programs that are designed for your problems. This stuff can not be conquered, that attitude will only make it stronger.
Old 18-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Experiencer
I would recommend meditation rather than trying to 'conquer' what you are currently experiencing. If you can focus on what you do want to experience you can create a reality that is peaceful, happy, loved and balanced.

Here is a link I just found on someone using this technique for dealing with his OCD issues. Hope it helps!

http://philomusings.blogspot.com/2010/06/ocd-and-mindfulness-meditation.html

Love and Light
Old 25-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Goofie

Hello my friend.. You should try to accept yourself (especially that part of yourself that seems to be hurt) and love him so that you can help him resolve these problems. Don t try to fight it, accept it and then try to find out what is it that causes you these problems. Meditation , positive thinking or even psychoanalysis ( with a therapist or on your own - you know better) can help. Remember that you 're experiencing all this because something inside you needs attention and healing. From what I ve experienced law of attraction works with feeling so maybe you have to practice more on how you feel and on self knowing before trying to attract something or a situation.
I ve been there before , the chance I gave myself to relax and accept him really helped me to make the first step forward . I think self acceptance is important. Many people are having similar issues like you (like me a long time ago) but nothing can change the fact we are all wonderful and powerful beings. Accept yourself and then believe you can change , if you want it you can do it.
Love.
Old 25-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Master
Fish Trust your heart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckybooboo
Hi guys,

I'm a sufferer of depression/panic disorder/anxiety/OCD and I'm finding it really hard to conquer these illnesses.

I've done a lot of research on the law of attraction and was wondering if there's any way that I could positively manifest things into my life and allow them to happen? Thus, conquering my own demons?

Thank you.

There is a way Becky... Try starting small. Ask for something simple... and be watchful and patient. When it manifests you will be encouraged. You will start to believe - in both your own power to manifest and in the benevolence of your universe to respond. It is said that grace is ever there, like the sun shining outside and all we have to do is open the window to let it in. You can do it. Don't even think that you have demons. Give power to positive thoughts not negative ones.

There are wonderful meditative psychotherapies today for the mental problems you mentioned - find a therapist who practices them: ACT (acceptance and commitment therapy), MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction), MBCBT/MCBT (mindfulness based cognitive therapy)...and so on. These were inspired by Buddhist meditation techniques and philosophy. They are not about using your co-creative power to manifest what you want, but they help to develop your ability to get centered and tap into universal power - which is the secret behind the secret...

If you have OCD - don't obsess about results either! If your desire for change is strong and sincere, results will come strong as well!
Old 25-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Neville

With regard to manifesting. I have personally found that living from the perspective that one has already achieved the goal a big help..For example..I want to be happy = I act as though I am happy already.
Old 26-05-2012, 03:13 AM
Better known as Jo

Hi Becky,

I have also suffered from panic/anxiety/insomnia my entire life and always felt like something was wrong with me. This led to low self-esteem and just general feelings of being 'strange'.

During this time I was also experiencing being touched by spirits, knowing things about people I just met, etc. Every doctor I have ever seen has said that nothing is wrong with me chemically and wanted to put me on anti-depressants, which I refused.

I did find a wonderful Psychiatrist who recognized what I was going through and opened my eyes to the spirit world and being an Empath as well as Clairsentient. She did prescribe me medication to ease my anxiety and to get some much needed sleep and I feel transformed.

Now, I'm certainly not saying you may or may not have a chemical issue but look into this, it might help. She told me that many people that suffer from depression and anxiety are actually Empaths and pick up on other people's emotions which they then take on as their own.

Good luck and PM if you want to talk more.
Old 26-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
Hi Becky,

I have also suffered from panic/anxiety/insomnia my entire life and always felt like something was wrong with me. This led to low self-esteem and just general feelings of being 'strange'.

During this time I was also experiencing being touched by spirits, knowing things about people I just met, etc. Every doctor I have ever seen has said that nothing is wrong with me chemically and wanted to put me on anti-depressants, which I refused.

I did find a wonderful Psychiatrist who recognized what I was going through and opened my eyes to the spirit world and being an Empath as well as Clairsentient. She did prescribe me medication to ease my anxiety and to get some much needed sleep and I feel transformed.

Now, I'm certainly not saying you may or may not have a chemical issue but look into this, it might help. She told me that many people that suffer from depression and anxiety are actually Empaths and pick up on other people's emotions which they then take on as their own.

Good luck and PM if you want to talk more.

You were fortunate to find a Psychiatrist like that.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Samsakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckybooboo
Hi guys,

Thank you.
I have read all the post on this page and the people here are amazing. We are all blessed to have found a place like this. I think with manifesting things,it is always better to try something small in the beginning. Never take on a big issue that you've been worried about for a long time. Feeling good, and happy isn't always possible but we can always be grateful and gratitude draws more to us.