Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Master
Cool The hard way is the easy way and the easy way is the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Like Evaah, I'm not a fan of labeling either. I've been working with entities in the otherworlds before I was even aware of other people doing it or movements associated with the practice. When I learned of established labels for these things like "spirit guides" they were always an awkward fit. It felt artificial and too limiting with respect to what they actually were (and are) in my life. The relationships I have with otherworldly entities mirror the ones I have with people in real life, for which we have poor labels for as well, when I think about it. My otherworldly contacts are, first and foremost, friends. Calling them "spirit guides" has a master-servant tonality to it that I just don't like. They're not here to guide me. Do they help me? Yes. Because we're friends. It's what friends do. Do they do things other than that? Absolutely.
Yeah I like whot your saying, I feel the same.
I think to be guided is to have an open mind, like the Fool in the Tarot.
Old 30-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
How do you loose the ability to communicate with spirits? I'm having some trouble understanding how that can happen. Does anyone have some insights?

I would like to know as well. My son did not get his ability to see and converse with spirits until he almost died of pneumonia in 2009. As he became healthier, he lost a big part of his spiritual abilities. Perhaps what he received was a temporary gift. I would love it if he could get his abilities back.
Old 30-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
I would like to know as well. My son did not get his ability to see and converse with spirits until he almost died of pneumonia in 2009. As he became healthier, he lost a big part of his spiritual abilities. Perhaps what he received was a temporary gift. I would love it if he could get his abilities back.

I don't really feel gifts are "temporary." If they were temporary, you wouldn't be able to develop them. Usually, when people "lose" their gifts, it's because of a block. Usually that block has to do with fear.

I've never heard of a situation like this, though. If it's not a block/fear, it may be that he was granted the opportunity to get a "taste" of that world... and it's now up to him to develop it if he feels the need or desire to.

Old 31-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Master
Evaah, I had a chat with my son yesterday. I asked him if he was still interested in the spiritual world. He was silent. Besides his sister, there's really no one in school who talks about angels, and spirit guides, guardians, etc. I think he's decided to move on to something else. He retains his aura sight and premo dreams. I told him that his spirtual protectors are always there for him should he need to reconnect with them. Thank you.