Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Master
Altair, your example of what happened to you last night is something I struggle with a lot. Drives me up a tree. While I'm not sure about spirit guides and all that...been told I have a couple, but whether that's true or not, I have no idea....I have had 'words', 'visions' and thoughts come to me, that would not typically be 'me', so if that's a guide, a god, or intuition, who knows, but it happens. I think I'm too skeptical as years go by.

I will say that often out of the blue, I will think a friend of mine wants to end our relationship. I will fret and carry on inside, hate myself, the whole nine yards. Something within me says "stop it, you know this isn't true. Just stop it." A peace will come over me and I will know 100 percent that it is true and I'm getting paranoid and fearful. But later, like picking at a scab instead of letting it heal...I start picking at it again. Fretting like mad and then I am now consumed in it. My intuition or common sense or guides or whatever will say NOT to do what I'm getting close to doing, and sometimes I heed and all is good, but if I go over that edge, and call and carry on...wow, talk about feeling like a butthead. If any time my friend may want to end things with me, it's when I'm being neurotic like this. sometimes we get right on the verge of it as well, but we talk it out. I have to talk about the insanity that starts up. Emotional baggage I'm trying to fix myself of...get rid of it lol.

As for the early morning words... I get the most profound words or wisdom during those times. I never heard of hypnogagnia hallucinations. Now I have to go and google that. that would be disheartening to hear it's something bad because they've never, ever steered me wrong, and if anything, give me good insight and encouragement.

Well, I just googled it and it doesn't seem like what I experience at all.
Old 26-03-2012, 05:08 PM
BlueOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
As for the early morning words... I get the most profound words or wisdom during those times. I never heard of hypnogagnia hallucinations. Now I have to go and google that. that would be disheartening to hear it's something bad because they've never, ever steered me wrong, and if anything, give me good insight and encouragement.

I agree. I am more receptive to spirit and hear more easily in this state and the same goes for a lot of other people. It is a great state for the spirit world to communicate with you because you have some awareness to understand the just of what is being said and because your in a semi sleep state your guard is a lot more down so you are more receptive and less fearful about listening to spirit. My guides talk to me the most in this state and I just know with my gut that it is not hypnogagnia hallunications. I am not saying that all voices heard in this state are not hypnogagnia hallunications but some do account for being spirit. You just have to go with your gut on that one
Old 29-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Altair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Altair, your example of what happened to you last night is something I struggle with a lot. Drives me up a tree. While I'm not sure about spirit guides and all that...been told I have a couple, but whether that's true or not, I have no idea....I have had 'words', 'visions' and thoughts come to me, that would not typically be 'me', so if that's a guide, a god, or intuition, who knows, but it happens. I think I'm too skeptical as years go by.

I will say that often out of the blue, I will think a friend of mine wants to end our relationship. I will fret and carry on inside, hate myself, the whole nine yards. Something within me says "stop it, you know this isn't true. Just stop it." A peace will come over me and I will know 100 percent that it is true and I'm getting paranoid and fearful. But later, like picking at a scab instead of letting it heal...I start picking at it again. Fretting like mad and then I am now consumed in it. My intuition or common sense or guides or whatever will say NOT to do what I'm getting close to doing, and sometimes I heed and all is good, but if I go over that edge, and call and carry on...wow, talk about feeling like a butthead. If any time my friend may want to end things with me, it's when I'm being neurotic like this. sometimes we get right on the verge of it as well, but we talk it out. I have to talk about the insanity that starts up. Emotional baggage I'm trying to fix myself of...get rid of it lol.

Well, I just googled it and it doesn't seem like what I experience at all.

Haha that is exactly like me too! And guess what guys-- my friend didn't end the friendship. What I ~felt~ was true versus the fearful thoughts and fretting

I am glad to know you looked into the hypnogagnia hallucinations.

@BlueOwl: I think I know what you are talking about. If I slept really well and meditate in the morning, I can achieve that deeper conscious state of mind-- the level that you say that is best for them to communicate with you. I absolutely agree. I believe the hypnogagnia hallucinations happen as you are waking up cause you are leaving dream world. And yes, it is the gut feeling that lets you know. LOL you just know =D

Thanks everyone for your replies!!
Old 29-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Deactivated Account

I think it IS important to know what came from your guides and what is brought up in response by your unconcious.

Ask a question and the unconcious mind might make a response.

I have often had chatter and I do not know if its my own mind responding or something else.

Trust is a good thing but BLIND TRUST can be asking for trouble or lead you to nothing. I have no desire to start listening to an illusion created by my unconcious that might derail me from my goals or lead me away. If I expect an answer, I would not put it past my mind to ignore an actual answer from a guide and give me its own.

If its your guides in specific you want to know about - who says your mind knows? It might be giving you garbage.

Feeling is maybe the best way.
Old 30-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I always have a problem distinguishing between what is true intuition or messages from spirit guides versus just typical paranoia. When I get a bad feeling about something and I don't do it, people are like: "Oh you listened to your gutt feeling/spirit guides' advice." But I am like: "Maybe because I was just scared." How can you tell the difference between the two?

Hello

Much of it honestly I feel comes down to embracing in self confidence in whom one is. Easy to say but too it takes time and patients to get there. Its about being willing to really look at what fears we have and understand that fear is good at hiding in EGO.

I feel that intuition is on some levels mirrored with our Guides and even Spirit communications. Its a part of the WHOLE oneness connection I feel exists. Its when we find that balance in working as one univeral unit that the puzzle pieces seem to fit the best together. I know well that gut feeling I have, and I trust in that, I understand fully the Guides are there to Guide and not to live me life for me.....and I communicate well with the Spirit Realms.

Growing up I had little understandings on any of what I felt and less understandings on what was a true Guide I had and what were Spirits ( that are more regularily) around me.....I feel we are given LIFE Guides when we come in...they I feel are t
here to learn along with us on some path. We too all have Spirits around us....but we do not all choose to open that door is all. For some fear holds that back but more I find its just not one's path this time round to go there.

We all have that "little voice" again its a choice we make to listen to it and take in the advice that ist there, we have all gone OMG if I had only listened but too we know well we learn from making mistakes.

When I hear the word or statement paranoid I think to that need to find some balance to look at what is going around us....and why its bothering us. We at times fail to want to look at the darker parts of life. We fear the unkownn that road less travelled. Much comes down to learning to trust in whom we are ....self acceptance. I found the greatest GIFT was learning to listen not only to ME but to other's as well without judgements entering too much into the mix.

Intuition -

A clear and direct knowing from within also referred to as ahunch, a gut feeling, a gut response, and even luck. Intuition is a knowingness that comes withoutexplanation as to how or why. It is aright brain function involving extrasensory perception (ESP), but more muchbroader; it functions on physical, emotional, mental, and spirituallevels. Each individual experiencesintuition differently. There may be physical sensations such as a tingling ofthe skin or a feeling of laden weights in the stomach; clairvoyant or innervoice; seemingly inexplicable attractions or aversions to newly met people;inspirational solutions to problems; feelings of closeness to God, or theDivine Forces; mental imagery; or cues from the environment, such ascircumstances that alter plans.

Lynn
Old 31-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Altair

Thank you so much for your lovely post Lynn. I like how you defined intuition
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Knower
Hey,

Just a suggestion since I didn't see anybody mention. Another option is that you can ask you guides to show a sign such as causing a certain part of the body to tingle or get warmer or colder in temperature.

Wishing you luck,
Wild
While physics and mathematics may tell us how the universe began, they are not much use in predicting human behavior because there are far too many equations to solve. I'm no better than anyone else at understanding what makes people tick, particularly women.
Stephen Hawking

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I always have a problem distinguishing between what is true intuition or messages from spirit guides versus just typical paranoia. When I get a bad feeling about something and I don't do it, people are like: "Oh you listened to your gutt feeling/spirit guides' advice." But I am like: "Maybe because I was just scared." How can you tell the difference between the two?

Altair - Paranoia is driven by irrational delusion, not just pure fear or anxiety. A delusion is a false belief that is resistant to reason based on actual fact. One’s life experiences, exposure to trial and error and education can give ample ammunition to pull back from proceeding forward. All of these things also fuel one’s intuition as well, but intuition also taps into an additional 6th sense that comes from cosmic sources of unknown origin sometimes. Some would call that 6th sense a knowing that comes from a higher power such as a guide or God. But paranoia – no, I don’t think so. Don’t put labels on something so close to your heart and soul that directs your path in life as something other than good ole instincts.

Blackraven