Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Scheherezade

Bunny Totem animals

I'm just curious what your totems are and how you found out about them? I always expected to find out in meditation or in an elaborate dream, but I'm thinking Eagle is making itself known to me in more subtle ways.

Last week, I dreamed of a bald eagle flying away with a parrot in its talons. The next day, I watched The Proposal, in which there was a golden eagle carrying a dog. Different eagle, different prey, but the sight of the raptor carrying its prey was almost identical. I thought it was just one of my pointless semi-prohetic dreams, but today a person I've been playing Words with Friends with told me that there's a live cam showing a bald eagle couple rearing their young. I'm thinking this synchronicity might be a totem trying to come through...
Old 22-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Misha

A few years ago I became interested in the idea of totem animals. Before I'd go to sleep I'd think about what my totem would be and pray to receive a dream showing me my totem animal. This went on, on and off, for months. Finally I received a dream that showed me -- a screech owl, very plainly, atop a pole in the woods. Talk about symbolism that could hit you over the head. I didn't trust this answer. I mean, I love cats and have an inexplicable fondness for zebras. This dream didn't make sense. So I kept praying for an answer, only now more along the lines of, Is screech owl my totem? Really?

Within about three months I received another dream featuring an owl that was the most amazing, magical dream. I was stunned by it. It was more vision than dream. And I then accepted the answer: screech owl.

For the next couple of years, owl popped up regularly in my dreams. (I also was visited in physical reality by a hawk that landed on the fence outside my kitchen window one afternoon and screeched. Later I read where owl and hawk energies may work together.)

I don't dream about owl much anymore, even when I try to seed the dream. From what I've read, a person may have several totems for different facets of life, and at least one kind of totem may change. So I'm not sure owl is with me now. I'm not sure really why it was with me then. But I continue to be fond of owl and to try to understand that episode.
Old 22-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Master
Peregrine Falcon.
Old 22-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Quintessence

I don't care for the term "totem animal" but there is a "guiding" creature that made itself known to me. In my experience, they come to you, you don't pick them. Mine came to me in a particularly vivid dream somewhat out of the blue. I had no idea what the creature was, but it was clear enough that by flipping through a nature book I was able to pin it down to the exact species. By no coincidence, it's a creature that is native to my area and reminds me of the Spirits of the Woods of my homeland. I don't have an active relationship with this creature, but it tends to make itself known at particular times to keep me on the path and is especially sacred to me.
Old 22-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheherezade
I'm just curious what your totems are and how you found out about them? I always expected to find out in meditation or in an elaborate dream, but I'm thinking Eagle is making itself known to me in more subtle ways.
Totems are ancestral guardians/founders of tribes and clans. They're not personal. What you're thinking of is more of a spirit animal guide or ally of some kind, rather than a true totem.

My advice would be to keep your eyes opened, and you'll likely know when one appears.
Old 22-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Hello

They are often animals that ye 'see' but maybe not notice. Will appear at times when ye feel on needs that little bit of assistance. We too have animal guides that we can draw at times some of their atributes from them.

Totems are clan animals and are with the whole community. They are there I feel with all of us . Some just show stronger at times than other's . I am often told one's see a White Wolf with me and almost over layed on me....and while I do not resonate with that as a Guide I do know of its pressence and WHY its there.

Lynn
Old 22-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Totems are ancestral guardians/founders of tribes and clans. They're not personal. What you're thinking of is more of a spirit animal guide or ally of some kind, rather than a true totem.

That's what I think when I hear "totems" as well. Probably why I don't like using the term. As an American mutt, I have the misfortune of having no ancestral tribe/clan. Yay.

Though I suppose we can say Bald Eagle is the totem of all Americans, perhaps? Or that our state birds/mammals might be understood in a similar fashion? How cool of an idea is that? Thanks for making me think of it! *laughs*
Old 22-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
That's what I think when I hear "totems" as well. Probably why I don't like using the term. As an American mutt, I have the misfortune of having no ancestral tribe/clan. Yay.

Though I suppose we can say Bald Eagle is the totem of all Americans, perhaps? Or that our state birds/mammals might be understood in a similar fashion? How cool of an idea is that? Thanks for making me think of it! *laughs*
You know, that's actually a really cool idea! I know that there's a few pagan groups who think of Columbia as a national goddess of the USA. There's even some paintings showing Minerva helping write the Constitution. So seeing the bald eagle as a totemic animal wouldn't be so different.