Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 15-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Suspended
I never thought of 'yes' and 'no' paper! I always just went on the energy that tugged one way or the other. I might just try that and see what I get. I have had answers change mid-way through questions. I figured they were accurate probably...90% of the time on a good day! I don't know about everyone else, but when I use one I also get feelings coming up.

If I am reading an answer wrong I'll get a vague feeling of...no, hang on, that's not right. And if I'm not sure about an answer, I'll often get a comforting feeling to confirm it.

Like Treiah says, you have to keep your mind very blank. I used to turn the questions round, or ask two or three times over days to check them.
Old 15-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Ascender
I have my off days to. To where nothing would make cents and it would "feel off." I would take a brake and try agian latter. But on a good day it normaly be accurate about 96%. There are times I wouldnt give it time to finish or maybe had a intrusive thought or somthing that would afect it.

I love Treiah's idea. I use the same idea but my key bord. (not many will agree on this) But it works just as well and I had gotten meseges from my guides/angels from doing that. Some times the spelling would be slightly off but I normaly would know what they were talking about.

Bless Be<3
Old 15-02-2012, 09:53 PM
ALDL

Thanks Zoclora for starting this conversation. I think it has fleshed out the pros and cons of dabbling with psychic tools. There is a possible benefit from using pendulums etc. and a possible down side. Quite right that the law of attraction is the key here. What your desires are and your level of spiritual progression determines a great deal. Most of you contributing to the discussion are well developed psychicly and therefore now what you are doing. My concern lies with those who are ametures. Playing with fire or a loaded gun is an apt metaphore. In some cases the risk of venturing out in this way is not worth the lessons learned. Some will benefit greatly by the exercise while on the other end of the contineum others could be psychologically injured, maybe even for life. There are alot of wonderful and loving spirits out there and there are some very evil ones. Best to be prepared if you go on this journey.
Old 16-02-2012, 02:55 AM
Trieah

Well, I don't know about that ALDL. The first time I ever used a pendulum was well over 20 years ago, and the only thing I knew about psychic abilities was what I read about in books. I used to believe that I wasn't special enough to have any kind of kuul psychic gifts like all the stories I used to read about.

After finding out about pendulums, I made my own with a key and piece of yarn. Sure, I was getting it to swing in the different directions and all. But from what I had read about them, it didn't really take any kind of abilities at all to get them to move. All you had to do was hold your arm perfectly still and let the pendulum do the rest. I think I used it for a couple of months before I got bored with it and stopped. But in all that time, not a single bad thing ever happened while using it. So I'm just not convinced that pendulums can be just as dangerous as ouija boards. While they are both divining tools, they're also two completely separate things. Kind of like the difference between a pair of pliers and a set of tweezers. They're both used for grabbing onto things or holding things in place, but they're not exactly interchangeable.
Old 16-02-2012, 04:45 PM
ALDL

Point well taken.But were you using it the way Zoclora describes at the beginning of this thread ? The pendulum and oujy board seem pretty similar in this practice.Maybe we're splitting hairs hear since it all depends what it is being used for. I've used pendulums to tell me if a certain food is good for me. Pretty innocent and it works!
Old 17-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Trieah

Yes. That's exactly what I was using it for. I wanted to get answers to the kinds of questions I had. I'd even tried to get it to spell words out, by going through the alphabet one letter at a time, till it finally swung in the opposite direction, and I'd write down that letter.

While pendulums can be a useful tool, they're just too limited in what they can actually do, to be able to attract negative entities. About the most they can do in that respect is give you a bunch of false answers that won't even make any sense, and or leave you confused. But even then, it's usually because the user wasn't able to clear their mind well enough, and it's their own subconscious effecting the outcome. But even a psychic medium can give a wrong or bad reading with what ever methods they use to divine or intuit messages.
Old 17-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Ascender
I SO agree with you Trieah. It doesnt matter who youare, a begianer or a psychic medium, there is going to be days where you simmply cant clear your head. And if you dont then well no matter your "level" its going to affect it. The diffrence I see it as is begianers will have a slightly harder time controling this while others more experanced have a better idea how they can so it doesnt happen offten. But being human, and imperfect, well will always make mistakes and have a falty reading. We have good and bad days.

Now when i use my pendulum that way, its still the old yes or no thing. I wasnt "directed" by any spirits. The pendulum points the way for me. It will point which way it wants to go and which letter it is that will help spell out a word or even sentene. I even did this infront of my mom. She had a uestion and I used the pendulum to spel it out. Normaly only one or two words. (Still havent mastered the sectence)

Bless Be<3
Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Inzo

Hi Zoclora

Thanks for your message. I have been all over this forum looking for someone who has had a similar experience.

I have been using a pendulum now for the past eight months. I was absolutely shocked and delighted to find out that I can communicate and talk to the Arch Angels and Angels.

I know that they are beings of light because their conversations always start off with "stay well" and end the same way. They always have messages for me that would better my life or that of my family.

I also always place a ring of protection around me before I start dowsing so I know that no negative energies can come through.

Thanks again

love and light

Inzo
Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
I'd like to add a few things about using pendulums. Since they are such a basic divining tool, they're not always 100% accurate. You really have to clear/calm your mind in order to be able to get the right answers, because you subconscious can actually effect the answer.

There are a few things that can be done in order to get the best results. Try holding the string or chain closer to the actual pendulum. This give the pendulum less room for error, because it will take less effort for the chain to start moving. And as soon as it gives either a yes or no answer, pull it away to stop the swing. You want to do this so that your subconscious doesn't have enough time to try and manipulate the answer to what you're either hoping to hear, or afraid to hear.

Another thing that you can do, is write down all the questions you want to ask before hand. Then on two identical pieces of paper, write "yes" and "no". Fold them up exactly the same and mix them up so you can't tell which is which anymore. Then place the two pieces of paper on the table, one in the 12 O'clock position, and one in the 9 O'clock position. Since you will not be able to tell which one is "yes" and which one is "no". Your subconscious mind will not be able to manipulate the direction of where the pendulum swings to.

Go down your list of questions, and make a note for each one, if the pendulum swung from 12 O'clock to 6 O'clock, or from 9 O'clock to 3 O'clock. Then when all your questions have been answered. Open up the pieces of paper to find out which one was "yes" and which one was "no". And then you will have a much more accurate answer to the question.

I wanted to say thank you for this post, Trieah... I think these are great tips. While I don't believe that pendulums are dangeous so long as they are approached in the right manner (like any other tool, as Holly said) - in my own attempts when I was a beginner I didn't find them to be very accurate and I think it's important to understand what you are doing. It's absolutely true that our own energy fields can interfere with them, as well as those of spirits other than the ones we are trying to communicate with. So it's very important not to become emotionally attached to any of the answers we are getting (I have come across a few excitable young teenagers who believed some very bizarre nonsense because their pendulums told them so). As well as the techniques above, its a good idea to come back to the same set of questions at another time and check them, and look carefully at the way you are phrasing your questions too. "Leading questions" aren't helpful, and nor are ones to which the answer might be "sometimes" or "maybe", because in that case there is no clear answer to receive.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Trieah

I'm glad you found that useful Westleigh I do have another tip that I picked up somewhere. But as always when a pendulum is concerned, there's even room for error in this method as well.

I've heard it told, that you can actually designate three of your fingers, middle, pointer and thumb, to help determine if your answers are correct. Designate the middle finger to be positive "yes", the pointer finger to be negative "no", and the thumb to be neutral. Depending on which kind of answer you're trying to figure out if it was correct, you would hold the pendulum over that finger and ask if it was right or not.

So, say that you got a "yes" answer to your question, but you want to check to make sure it was an actual "yes". You would then hold the pendulum over your middle finger and ask if that was the correct answer. If the pendulum swings clockwise then it was correct, but if it swings counter clockwise over your "yes" finger, then that answer was not exactly true. Same goes for the "no" pointer finger, only opposite. If your question was truly a "no" answer, the pendulum should swing counter clockwise over your finger. If it does the opposite of what it's supposed to be, then you know that the answer you got was not entirely correct. Now, the thumb comes in as being "neutral" or a maybe yes maybe no kind of answer. To find out if the answer you'd gotten was one which could have many meanings, hold the pendulum over your thumb. If it swings from 9 to 3, then the question really does have more then one answer. But if it swings from 12 to 6, well. . . then. . . chances are good that you're just not going to get a reliable answer at that time. Try it again later after you've cleared your thoughts better.

But no matter what kind of answers one gets from a pendulum, one should never really get too emotionally attached to the answer, just as Westleigh said. Life is just too fluid sometimes to put so much trust in the guidance of a tool.