Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 27-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Misha

There's been a lot of good feedback on the original post, and I wouldn't presume to dispute any of it. So this is just food for thought because I haven't seen it mentioned: There is such a phenomenon known as "old hag syndrome" or sleep paralysis. If I remember right, a feature of the condition can be a feeling of malign presences. Many years ago I had this sort of thing happen a few times, but haven't experienced it since. Maybe this isn't relevant to what you've experienced, Zach'riel, but I wondered if maybe you were having sleep paralysis mixed with dreams/nightmares. I just thought I'd throw it out there, and if it sounds relevant to you, you could explore it.
Old 30-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Gofa

I have had similar experiences in my youth. "In Gods Name begone" if your voice is jammed and it can be just shout this in your head. Recognize you are protected ie the blue spirit your sister your dog all came and intervened As to the current creepy insinuations seems a frontal assault has failed so what ever it is has moved on to plan B. don't be afraid. The only thing to fear is fear as it weakens you and feeds them if you feel fear replace it with righteous anger as these things have no right to be in your life PS If you are calling on angels to protect you thank them everyday Everybody likes to be appreciated
Old 30-03-2012, 10:29 PM
wisdom

Dear Zack' riel,

I have known this too, only saying the Lords prayer worked and calling ArchAngel Michael too, eases everthing, In my case they left the room suddenly.

Love Valerie

Explanation: If you have had any of these experiences, it just means that you are having hallucinations. These hallucinations are known as hypnagogic and hypnopompic. As mentioned before, sleep paralysis occurs when your brain is still in a dream state. You are conscious but unable to move. So you are in a half-asleep and half-awake state. You wake up and you find yourself unable to move. Because you are unable to move, a sense of fear and anxiety takes over you. This is, of course, quite obvious considering that you feel that you have lost all control over your body. The natural reaction of the brain, which is still dreaming, is to panic. Combined with your past beliefs and the brain’s dreaming state, this sense of impending danger takes the form of hallucinations. In reality, there is nothing there. No witch and no demon.

So what should you do if you have had these episodes of sleep paralysis? If they occur way too often, they may be associated with disorders such as narcolepsy in which the individual suffers from excessive daytime sleepiness. If these are isolated episodes, then there isn’t much to worry about. A regular sleeping schedule, getting around 8 hours of sleep, and keeping your stress under control will help. Also most of these episodes occur when the person is lying flat on his/her back. So sleep on your side.

Whether it’s a constant occurrence or an isolated episode, it is always a good idea to consult your physician about your sleep paralysis. A good physician who understands this phenomenon will be able to give you good advice and much needed assurance. Remember, whatever others may tell you, there is no demon or witch trying to possess you. Its just simply sleep paralysis. Your sleep paralysis episodes are going to be worse, if you believe the old hag story. Also remember, that an episode may seem to last for hours, but in reality it actually only lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Old 31-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Gofa

I agree the lords prayer works to. Don't be upset if you lose your place just start again at the beginning. Telling them go is the beginning the lords prayer kind of tidies the room whether it be hallucination or not still do this. I am a telepath and empath but have reflexively detuned these abilities most of my life as a protection The above is not a book theory it is real life. Please don't consult your physical it's a tough call but you will be labelled. As to people not believing in negative or detrimental entities that's just plain naive. To further qualify me I have two university degrees and taught there too and well respected in higher business circles where I live. I am not dumb either. Please be careful who you take advice from practical experience is better than book theory most days but that need not be true always.