Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Dreaming of fire after chakra meditation

Hi all

I do chakra meditations regularly and visualise each of the colours. For the last week or so I've been having very unpleasant dreams about fire which seem to be connected to these meditations. For instance, last night I dreamed of a small fire on the edge of a bath which then fell into the water. I also dreamed about my mum pouring loads of alcohol into a bath tub and threatening to set fire to it. I was so frightened that I ran away and tried to lock myself in the bathroom (which for some reason was a separate room) but my mum kept bashing at the door to get in and the lock broke. She said she was going to make the whole bath burst into flames. Luckily I woke up before this happened but I was left feeling more than a little shaken.

When I focus upon my root chakra I visualise the colour red and then link this to security (ie feeling connected to the Earth). However my mind seems to want to link this to childhood and as a result I am constantly having dreams of my childhood family and home, most of which are unpleasant (my childhood wasn't happy).

My question is: does anyone else get similar dreams when meditating like this and how can I work with and/or change these dreams? I don't feel I want to stop chakra meditations unless I have to because I am developing psychicially from them.
Old 15-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Serenity Bear

It sounds to me that by doing your chakra work your loosening any stuck issues, which you are facing in your dreams (this is very often the case with people).

The water usually means emotions in dreams, parents usually partnerships.

I would start journalling these things in a book, just your thoughts, you can always burn the books later, or shred them once your done. This will give your emotions an outlet and hopefully stop your dreams of these things.

The other suggestion is to actually learn about lucid dreaming - this is when you are in control of your dreams. I did this by studying my dreams - I wrote them down learnt what it all ment, and eventually I became aware I was dreaming and thus could control what went on in my dream.

Also the dreams over time will begin to show you a pattern and thus you can easily spot where you need to put some emotional work.

Getting rid of stuck emotional issues is just part of the progress, its the chakras clearing all the emotional slugde from their vortex's and petals and thus you work better. Im not saying its easy, but it is often necessary.
Old 16-02-2011, 06:26 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Hi all

I do chakra meditations regularly and visualise each of the colours. For the last week or so I've been having very unpleasant dreams about fire which seem to be connected to these meditations. For instance, last night I dreamed of a small fire on the edge of a bath which then fell into the water. I also dreamed about my mum pouring loads of alcohol into a bath tub and threatening to set fire to it. I was so frightened that I ran away and tried to lock myself in the bathroom (which for some reason was a separate room) but my mum kept bashing at the door to get in and the lock broke. She said she was going to make the whole bath burst into flames. Luckily I woke up before this happened but I was left feeling more than a little shaken.

When I focus upon my root chakra I visualise the colour red and then link this to security (ie feeling connected to the Earth). However my mind seems to want to link this to childhood and as a result I am constantly having dreams of my childhood family and home, most of which are unpleasant (my childhood wasn't happy).

My question is: does anyone else get similar dreams when meditating like this and how can I work with and/or change these dreams? I don't feel I want to stop chakra meditations unless I have to because I am developing psychicially from them.

May these meditations are helping you letting go of some submerged fear inside you! if this is the case you were dreaming this during the early morning hours (if your sleep pattern is normal)? am i right?