Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Administrator
student and master...

....I am the student my dog is the master

a story...

Pretty much a bold statement I know but a recent event has taught me a valuable lifelong lesson which I would like to share

My dog 'pippa' has lost the use of her back legs, she has a good chance of recovery but there is of course the time needed to heal and its heart breaking to cage her for long durations. Especially as she is not used to it

While she is disabled. In this mind the thoughts of worst scenarios take place, the cost of vets bills, will have to put her down, she must be in a lot of pain, worried how she will cope, worst still how will I cope and so on... All this may sound familiar to a few people here as the mind/ego.

I soon cottoned on to this realising that only I am creating my own illusions of doom and gloom. No one else can even contemplate what it is I'm thinking, unless I tell them, that would bring sympathy at the least but not true understanding of the situation.

Because I stopped alluding myself I could finally observe the one thing that I was supposed to learn from this situation, It is such a small but simple observation that is most profound in its meaning and would normally go unnoticed.

Pippa was teaching that even with a disability and all the heartache that goes with it (heartache on my part more likely} she would still continue her life as if nothing had changed, in-fact it didn't seem to bother her dragging her legs behind as if it wasn't part of her body, occasionally looking to see what was stopping her then continue to crash into things without a care in the world.

She teaches the art of detachment, not concerned with a troublesome body that seems to act in its own way, without a care for the things that might be, or might not be however you look at it, she opens up the potential to look at everything including other people, other animals and events or situations as a good opportunity to learn...

...about yourself
Old 13-11-2016, 12:29 AM
Administrator
Over the years I have come to observe an interesting thing about this forum, Im sure its not just this forum alone that I bear witness to such a thing but,

how odd it is that when we are inspired to respond to someones thread we are also testing our own knowledge of the subject raised. so you know the answer to a sublime question, does that make us a master of that experience or do we still learn to express it in ever better wording to others questions, It seems to I that the master and student are an inward expression of that we seek out there
Old 13-11-2016, 02:09 AM
Master
Excellent post :) real heart. Many would look at Pippa...put her down already, die!...When Pippa has already detached from the event that caused her hurt and has even adapted to the new disability and is living around it. Pippa is still a lively and curious creature, enjoying her life and seeking out her lessons in life.
Old 13-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Knower

That post gave me goose bumps....it says a lot about your own introspection

Love
acorn
Old 13-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks for sharing this! I admire your dog's attitude, although maybe it's not an attitude, just this lust for life and will to enjoy it no matter what. What I find more important in this story is that you managed to notice something vital and see it as a lesson!
I think that animals are very good teachers. While my cats are currently healthy , they reminded me many times of the value of taking care of own self and relaxing. Small thing, but important in my life.
Old 14-11-2016, 01:07 AM
Administrator
Thank you for your kind words everyone.

I have had a few moments in this life where there would be a chance to experience the will of the divine's teachings and none could be more profound than the one i'm about to share with you below, Im sorry its long, but I urge you to read it all as the profundity of it only took a few seconds of understanding and many words to describe it, lol. it will also ask you to use your imagination and accept that in some parts I may sound crazy, but hey... we live in a crazy world so I should fit right on in.

This was written some 10 years ago.....

When I was fixing my sons bike, I noticed how, when I spun the wheel the spindle hardly moved as the rest of the wheel went round-and-round. Like I usually do, I apply a lot of what ifs and try to understand what this motion is telling me spiritually

Of course there is no wheel, no motion, and certainly no need to understand as we all are already spirit understanding, the thing to remember is we have simply forgot who we are, that is, total amnesia of what we truly are.

When you pick up an object like I have done above and apply the limited notions of logic and physics to understand the wheel complex, you are lost in thought of the wheel, you marvel at the wheel and its workings and how it gracefully performs its job, how the rim is held in place by thin wires that are constantly under compression and tension at the same time. For those who are 'technically minded' a spoked wheel is an amazing example engineering excellence.

To continue with the spiritual side of it I am going to ask you to use your imagination a little bit.... well actually quite a lot...lol

Now imagine you're standing at the centre of the bicycle wheel, end-onto the spindle and looking out to the rim. in front of you is the spokes running out to rim, now just imagine each spoke is the spiritual path from the rim to the centre, as yet there is no turning of the wheel so its a free for all come crazy race to reach the centre,

now imagine there is an infinite amount of spokes and everyone and everything that is manifest and non-manifest racing as fast 'it' can to be centred in your own little spot in time and space

I can honestly tell you now 'if' I had every kind of manifested and no-manifested entity rushing towards me I believe I would try to find a way weed out the best from the rest!!!

Sooooo....

lets manifest a twist in this tale [smile] and turn the wheel of life.

As the wheel starts to turn, gravity starts to come into play, ha-ha those entities are beginning to slip back down the spokes taking anything with it that followed.

WOW the power of imagination is so cooool

Just to be absolutely sure no unwanted entities can reach you I'm going to oil the spokes [Grin]

Believe me if anything can reach you now its worth listening too lol

spiritual understanding of all this...

If' your not centred then your like a fly trapped in a spiders web, on the one hand you need to be rescued from a terrible death and yet..... geeze a spider needs to feed, don't get me wrong, both are important, who am I to interfere in life's little idiosyncrasies. To rescue you from such a fate would deny you the right to be centered, without such a death you would become accustomed to being rescued, until one day I forget.... oooops sorry

Imagine there are no spiders in this world because I rescued its prey from the spiders web, what consequences would unfold I don't know

Just remember there is no death of the spirit, the body is bound to material nature and must perish according to those natural rules. We are essentially a spirit trapped in a body that eats and reproduces just like any other animal on this planet. As humans we are capable of 'ascending' our spirituality through our intellectual reasoning.... with a tint of imagination (wink)

Conclusion.... If at anyone point in time you find yourself stuck on a spoke that is connected to the wheel of life and you want to reach your centre..... just let go. You are already centred in your own God given right you have just simply forgot this

To define being centered for my own personal reasoning (just in-case there is misinterpretation) is to be unattached to material and non-material things also things that are manifest and non-manifest, this means I am doing nothing yet allowing everything and all things to be, as...they...are. without interference on my part in anyway.

God bless