Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-08-2016, 04:23 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Voluntary Body Tingling Sensation

Hello, fellow developing souls! I would like to share a curious story with you and ask a few simple questions for the more advanced.

Since I've been a child I've always been able to create a voluntary tingling feeling in my body with the feeling of it starting at the root of my spine and the longer I held it the stronger it got and the more it spread itself. I had never known what that feeling was nor had I ever taken any deep interest in it because I wouldn't be able to explain how I am doing it or what exactly I am feeling because I've never known anything about it nor have I heard about it. Although I couldn't even explain how I was doing it or what the exact feeling was because it's nothing like I've ever felt before (maybe it has the slight resemblance to the feeling in your stomach when the rollercoaster goes down but it builds up) I thought everyone could do it so I didn't really bother asking anyone and knowing it had no use for me at all why would I question about it.

Well, one day at work I did it accidently and usually, I have nothing to do there so I thought I should google it and try and find some information about it. Earlier before that I had started reading Autobiography of a Yogi and was starting to get on the spiritual path the book alone was enough, to be honest, but that feeling started to puzzle me a lot and I decided to google it. Without knowing the best way to describe it due to the lack of knowledge I tried searching for "voluntary body tingling". What I found was pretty interesting because there was no real scientific explanation about a process in my body so my curiosity got even huger. Well, what the search brought up was a lot of forums with people talking about the same feeling I am describing today but they also said that their heart beat raised and their pupils dilated as well. I conjured the feeling once more and kept my hand on my pulse only to see it sky-rocket just as other people explain and none of them could really say what it was everybody were looking for an answer. The other specific thing about it is that if I hold it for long enough my whole body turns jittery I get some kind of random movement teaks in random body parts and some of my muscles tense all unwillingly like some kind of electricity is flowing through them. With that said it should come to mind that I can't control it at all excluding the fact that I can induce it whenever I want but want to learn how to control it I just know I have to. At some of the pages, there were people with some spiritual knowledge whom I noticed and they were all saying it was energy but nobody could really explain what kind of energy and what it was used for. Some people said it was the Kundalini some others said it was Chi and from what I saw not all people could do it.

Now I think I understand that everyone can do it it's just that they're not aware of it well enough in order to be able to use it. But my main question is what that energy exactly is and what are the techniques to develop and learn to control it?

Some sources of the information:

It turns out I can't post links untill I reach 15 posts so if someone could pm me I can give him the links and he can post them below if it's no trouble.
Or this could work aswell but you'd have to copy them.

voluntary-tingling-of-the-skin.blogspot.bg/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=2

buddhism.stackexchange.com/questions/3471/that-electric-feel-body-sensation-during-meditation

ehealthforum.com/health/making-body-tingle-at-will-t252192.html

natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20252

thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.25

godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message834335/pg13

I forgot to add that since a few months I've been on the spiritual path and have been trying to develop myself through meditation and positive vibrations but found about this forum just now and it is amazing I love the whole community and its vibration peace and love!

tl;tr - I can induce a body tingling sensation at will which raises my heartbeat, dilates my pupils and feels kind of similar to the feeling you get when you're on a rollercoaster and you're going down. When held for long periods of time I start getting uncontrollable random body part teaks. What is it exactly and how do I go on about developing and controling it?

Last edited by Hong-Sau : 22-08-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Old 22-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hong-Sau
Hello, fellow developing souls! I would like to share a curious story with you and ask a few simple questions for the more advanced.

Since I've been a child I've always been able to create a voluntary tingling feeling in my body with the feeling of it starting at the root of my spine and the longer I held it the stronger it got and the more it spread itself. I had never known what that feeling was nor had I ever taken any deep interest in it because I wouldn't be able to explain how I am doing it or what exactly I am feeling because I've never known anything about it nor have I heard about it. Although I couldn't even explain how I was doing it or what the exact feeling was because it's nothing like I've ever felt before (maybe it has the slight resemblance to the feeling in your stomach when the rollercoaster goes down but it builds up) I thought everyone could do it so I didn't really bother asking anyone and knowing it had no use for me at all why would I question about it.

Well, one day at work I did it accidently and usually, I have nothing to do there so I thought I should google it and try and find some information about it. Earlier before that I had started reading Autobiography of a Yogi and was starting to get on the spiritual path the book alone was enough, to be honest, but that feeling started to puzzle me a lot and I decided to google it. Without knowing the best way to describe it due to the lack of knowledge I tried searching for "voluntary body tingling". What I found was pretty interesting because there was no real scientific explanation about a process in my body so my curiosity got even huger. Well, what the search brought up was a lot of forums with people talking about the same feeling I am describing today but they also said that their heart beat raised and their pupils dilated as well. I conjured the feeling once more and kept my hand on my pulse only to see it sky-rocket just as other people explain and none of them could really say what it was everybody were looking for an answer. The other specific thing about it is that if I hold it for long enough my whole body turns jittery I get some kind of random movement teaks in random body parts and some of my muscles tense all unwillingly like some kind of electricity is flowing through them. With that said it should come to mind that I can't control it at all excluding the fact that I can induce it whenever I want but want to learn how to control it I just know I have to. At some of the pages, there were people with some spiritual knowledge whom I noticed and they were all saying it was energy but nobody could really explain what kind of energy and what it was used for. Some people said it was the Kundalini some others said it was Chi and from what I saw not all people could do it.

Now I think I understand that everyone can do it it's just that they're not aware of it well enough in order to be able to use it. But my main question is what that energy exactly is and what are the techniques to develop and learn to control it?

Some sources of the information:

It turns out I can't post links untill I reach 15 posts so if someone could pm me I can give him the links and he can post them below if it's no trouble.
Or this could work aswell but you'd have to copy them.

voluntary-tingling-of-the-skin.blogspot.bg/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=2

buddhism.stackexchange.com/questions/3471/that-electric-feel-body-sensation-during-meditation

ehealthforum.com/health/making-body-tingle-at-will-t252192.html

natmedtalk.com/showthread.php?t=20252

thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=428.25

godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message834335/pg13

I forgot to add that since a few months I've been on the spiritual path and have been trying to develop myself through meditation and positive vibrations but found about this forum just now and it is amazing I love the whole community and its vibration peace and love!

tl;tr - I can induce a body tingling sensation at will which raises my heartbeat, dilates my pupils and feels kind of similar to the feeling you get when you're on a rollercoaster and you're going down. When held for long periods of time I start getting uncontrollable random body part teaks. What is it exactly and how do I go on about developing and controling it?

Its the kundalini shakti. The female aspect of God. Its job is to liberate. It works through the body until all is it. Poliferiates its way also through the nervous system giving a feeling of love/joy intoxication. Its god intoxication.

At some point it becomes ones experience 24/7 and what yogananda since you mentioned his book and others talk about becoming.

Its the union of male and female. Merging of the two that makes for an experience of shakti and shiva. Joy and peace/silence in the mind.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Deactivated Account
The most common ways for developmemt of the shakti and for it to become 24/ throughout that i know of are these.

1. Meditation
2. Pranayama
3. Shaktipat from a master, guru, avatar, or whatever they may call themselves.
4. At least for me exercise as well.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 22-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Thank you for this vital information concerning my spiritual development.
May I ask a few clarifying questions for the development of shakti that you mentioned as is there a specific meditation for developing the kundalini and can you tell me it's name? And is there any other way to achieve shaktipat on my own if I haven't found my guru yet after reaching that point?

Edit:

I just remembered an experience not long ago while I was meditating for about an hour and I felt huge surges of this energy go up my spine to the top of my head and stay there and somehow disappear not sure if they went through my top chakra or just went away it was like 3 or 4 pulses each lasting a few seconds and I got really scared and stopped meditating. However my next meditation induced a few more but less intense pulses or I was just not that afraid this time and they felt less intense and then came just the state of being content and I continued the meditation for about 10-15 minutes more and stopeed. I have't felt anything like that since during meditation except some small build ups or movements of the energy and sometimes while meditating I induce it on my own and try to control it to dfferent parts of the body so far I've managed to move it to my spine only. What exactly does all of this mean? If there are stages of awakening what should I be at from what I described?
Old 22-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you for this vital information concerning my spiritual development.
May I ask a few clarifying questions for the development of shakti that you mentioned as is there a specific meditation for developing the kundalini and can you tell me it's name? And is there any other way to achieve shaktipat on my own if I haven't found my guru yet after reaching that point?

Edit:

I just remembered an experience not long ago while I was meditating for about an hour and I felt huge surges of this energy go up my spine to the top of my head and stay there and somehow disappear not sure if they went through my top chakra or just went away it was like 3 or 4 pulses each lasting a few seconds and I got really scared and stopped meditating. However my next meditation induced a few more but less intense pulses or I was just not that afraid this time and they felt less intense and then came just the state of being content and I continued the meditation for about 10-15 minutes more and stopeed. I have't felt anything like that since during meditation except some small build ups or movements of the energy and sometimes while meditating I induce it on my own and try to control it to dfferent parts of the body so far I've managed to move it to my spine only. What exactly does all of this mean? If there are stages of awakening what should I be at from what I described?

I dont know any specific meditation. I dont know much about teachings. For me i did whatever came to me that induced it. For me it was a lot of like trances. I meditate but its for me just about being still and perhaps focusing on the energy or areas at times.

Its from what i experienced and have heard has to work through the body. Get stuck in that it quites coming and going but always there. Then it works its way through all the crevices and what not.(blockages/obstructiojs.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 22-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Deactivated Account
I would resesrch kundalini and maybe look for a teacher that gives transmissions/shaktipat.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 23-08-2016, 05:11 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Thank you a lot for all the answers running I will take your advices to heart and continue my development. Though instead of looking for a teacher that might give me shaktipat I'll try to reach the state on my own because I think it would be pretty hard in my country and current situation...
Also should I try and induce it myself all the time or whenever I meditate since I can make it occur whenever I want?

Last edited by Hong-Sau : 23-08-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 23-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you a lot for all the answers running I will take your advices to heart and continue my development. Though instead of looking for a teacher that might give me shaktipat I'll try to reach the state on my own because I think it would be pretty hard in my country and current situation...
Also should I try and induce it myself all the time or whenever I meditate since I can make it occur whenever I want?

I wish i knew the answers. But i can honestly say for me it was all about inducing it. Again and again. Tons of people do it without teachers i believe. Mostly i did. But where it helped me the most was when things were out of control. Not completely but was putting my mind at its limits. A teacher calmed it all down through transmissions. With the internet it doesnt matter where you live. I was doing webcast transmissions when i could. I was meditating most often with david spero but he isnt offering webcasts at this time. Living unbound website has a chatroom where people can go for that type of thing.

I dont go around recommending this or that. Cause its all about what works for the individual. Only the person knows that. Thats my feeling about it. But i brought up some specifics of what i did as examples of being able to do it on the internet. Again im not one of those that thinks you have to. Like i said mostly for me it was a solo thing following what i intuitively felt to do. Good luck!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 24-08-2016, 04:31 AM
Seeker

Question Burning Cold?

Hong-Sau, my dear friend. Can this tingling sensation be described as a "burning cold feeling"? I decided to focus on the base of my spine just a moment ago, and for the first time I felt this burning cold oozy sensation. It was fluttering there and spread to my hips.

Once I activated my third eye pineal gland, this burning cold sensation seemed to want to go down my legs, but then my alarm rang. I can activate my third eye pretty easily (however not open it).
Old 24-08-2016, 05:29 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Thank you for the reply running you've helped me a lot!

XalosJuryin I am sorry friend but I can't really describe what it feels like it's neither burning nor cold it's just unknown and I don't know what adjectives to use... You can check out the links to forums I posted in the original post there are many people trying to explain what they're exactly feeling so you might get a better grasp.