Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Master
The Higher Self - It's existence in the body

Is the Higher Self just sitting back in the body (as an observer), and letting the body and mind experience everything ? In turn is the Higher Self at the same time just observing everything that is unfolding?

Or is the Higher Self experiencing everything the body and mind is experiencing in the present existence of the person ?

curious as to some thoughts
thanks
Old 30-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Master
From the few times I have actually experienced my higher self which basically for me means acheiving that oneness with everything or the ultimate reality etc, I couldn't say that within that time I was also experiencing the physical world in a way that would readily transcribe to my lower self as a mutual experience so my ideas on it that our lower self can use a type of sonar which bounces ideas and intentions off our higher self which come back to us for interpretation in the form of insights. So it's not communication from above so much as interpretation of the above.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM
Eudaimonist

My notion of a "Higher Self" might not be quite what you are expecting, but perhaps it will help to say that it is an aspect of one's unconscious mind. Does one's unconscious mind "sit back in the body" and "observe everything that is unfolding"? Yeah, I suppose so. Something like that, anyway. Perhaps you should go to Jungian psychology for an answer.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Master
First, not everyone's higher self is of the same nature. Most commonly the HS is a non-physical non-energetic entity. As such to ask if it fits does not make any sense. Its like asking if the concept of the number two will fit in your stomach.

From what I can tell, most HS remain largely outside of this universe. Many are in fact over souls and are 'looking in' on many incarnations and their lives 'simultaneously'. For the most part, HS seem to have more of a general overview approach to your life. They might on occasion take the effort to look in detail at what's going on but for the most part they don't get directly involved in the sense you are asking. For the most part, the tiny details of your life are not of any significance.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Suspended
Master
There is only self conscious of the self .

The self that they think themselves to be .

At a point one's awareness of the same self changes .

This can be seen as their higher self but tis no higher than the self that has always been .

x dazzle x