Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 13-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Bunny Interesting numbers 1 - 100

This game is about exploring associations with numbers.

This can be any reference, e.g. to an interesting fact or story, as short piece of prose, a saying, an inspired verse, numerology etc. Imagination is the only limit.

I'll start off with zero,

0 - India invented the zero as an attempt to define God mathematically. The number that when multiplies with any other brings that number down to zero. The number who's shape represents infinity. The number that when added after any other, in order of writing, greatly increases that number's value, but no amount of adding it before changes that number's value.

All of this explains concepts in Indian culture at the time. Put God before self and you end up with nothing. Put self before God and God magnifies your actions. E.g. expect God to catch you a fish and nothing will happen. Go get a fish and God might reward you with a harvest. Basically, God helps those that help themselves.

The power of God is infinite. Any number that challenges God's power by multiplication is reduced to God's level. (Interesting that higher is not necessarily seen as greater here.)

Other civilisations invented zero roughly around the same time as the Indians. The fact that zero solves many previously unsolvable problems (like Zeno's, Achilles and the tortoise paradox) was a pleasant but unforeseen side effect.
Old 13-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Basically, God helps those that help themselves.

thank you for the reminder. I've been requesting assistance from God and it's fallen on deaf ears. I know I have to do it myself (as always) but why do they say ask, for when you do, you don't get it anyway
Old 13-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account
It's like the skateboard you got as a kid - used once then was banished to the cupboard. We don't appreciate what we get given as much as what we earn.

With the exception of food, lol. I always appreciate eating other people's food more than mine and cooking for others more than for myself.
Old 14-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Ascender
May the Four's be with you
Old 14-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Old 14-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Master
Quote:
We don't appreciate what we get given as much as what we earn.

yes, I tell this to people all the time, and I do earn everything I have. I'm asking for direction, and not even something for me. I just need a little help. prayer is supposed to be cathartic, but it ends up disappointing me.
Old 14-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
I'm just tired is all.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Someone once told me, to start a marathon don't bother untying your laces, just run. The moment you fall flat on your face it'll become obvious what you need to do.

I'm not advising that as it seems a bit harsh but I got the gist of what that person meant.

Did you know that 95% of the time rockets to the moon are pointed in the wrong direction? The only reason they know that is because they move then make a new calculation where they are, adjust and move again etc.

If you're stuck in a rut, do something, pay attention to how it makes you feel and you'll know more about what you want and what you don't want.

Then it's just rinse and repeat. Making mistakes isn't a problem here. Staying stuck is. The word hell comes from the same word as held. Don't let yourself be held against your will.