Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 04-01-2012, 07:36 AM
More In Common

psychoslice, thank you so much for sharing!

It's always wonderful when people pour their emotions into creativity..
Old 07-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
He he, thanks astralsuzy, I have three bears, Oh, I must be Goldielocks lol, happy new year to you too.

Hi 7luminaries, do you think I said too much ?, I suppose its going to be hard with one being bi-polar and the other schizophrenic lol.

Hi there & I'm so sorry I didn't check back here the past few.
No you didn't. What's not to say? If you love someone, you take them as they are.

It is possible that she felt too attached to you to handle your possible rejection of her on an intimate level.
Or that she simply couldn't get too close to anyone if she felt she was dying. I am speculating as I have no real idea. But neither of these is a rejection of you, as astralsuzy says, and has more to do with where she is at herself.

There is something about your question do you think I said too much ?
that really moved me, by the way.

All these questions that people ask when they wonder why someone who loves them moves away from love....
All I can say is that some people fear love, because they fear pain. And so they avoid love so that they can avoid pain.
Then there are those who have the courage to both to love and to suffer. And they have the battle scars to prove it.

I think the things you did for this woman, being with her through her illness, were among the more loving things I've heard of, and I hope you feel proud of yourself and hold your head high. You acted with love and honour and dignity. You gave of your heart and your presence, and there are no greater gifts.

How many of us have someone who would help us like this in our time of need?
How many of us would give our right arm to have just one person in our lives who felt like this about us
and loved us for who we really are, and not for superficial reasons (looks, sex, money, security, etc) ?

peace & blessings.
and hugs,
7L
Old 07-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hi there & I'm so sorry I didn't check back here the past few.
No you didn't. What's not to say? If you love someone, you take them as they are.

It is possible that she felt too attached to you to handle your possible rejection of her on an intimate level.
Or that she simply couldn't get too close to anyone if she felt she was dying. I am speculating as I have no real idea. But neither of these is a rejection of you, as astralsuzy says, and has more to do with where she is at herself.

There is something about your question do you think I said too much ?
that really moved me, by the way.

All these questions that people ask when they wonder why someone who loves them moves away from love....
All I can say is that some people fear love, because they fear pain. And so they avoid love so that they can avoid pain.
Then there are those who have the courage to both to love and to suffer. And they have the battle scars to prove it.

I think the things you did for this woman, being with her through her illness, were among the more loving things I've heard of, and I hope you feel proud of yourself and hold your head high. You acted with love and honour and dignity. You gave of your heart and your presence, and there are no greater gifts.

How many of us have someone who would help us like this in our time of need?
How many of us would give our right arm to have just one person in our lives who felt like this about us
and loved us for who we really are, and not for superficial reasons (looks, sex, money, security, etc) ?

peace & blessings.
and hugs,
7L
Thank you 7L, for your beautiful words and advice, what you said makes a lot of sense, and I think you are right in all that you said, thank you, love Robert
Old 07-01-2012, 03:29 AM
Master
Well Michelle my bell just called and said that she thought about it, and wants to still be friends, so I'm glad for both of us, yea yea.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Knower

This poem came to mind while I was reading this thread. Glad you can still be friends.

Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
— Unknown
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf63
This poem came to mind while I was reading this thread. Glad you can still be friends.

Reason, Season, or Lifetime
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.
— Unknown
Hi Wolf63, thank you so much for that beautiful poem, I sent it to Michelle to read, the words sum up what a relationship, long term or short should be, or could be if we only allow it.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Master
Hi Slice

Dropping a Line to say I am thinking of you .

Some -one once said to me ...holding up a large glass ..." you love this much ..and pointed near the top of the glass .. and I can only love this much ..pointing to just under half way "

I have no idea why I am remembering that right now.

*hug To you *
Debs
Xo

PS the biggest gift is the ability to feel LOVE inside ..it comes in many forms ..sort of like a huge variety of cup cakes .
Old 08-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Master
Robert, I'm so glad you've heard from Michelle.
And the poem is beautiful, isn't it? Thanks to Wolf for posting.

Take care & hang in there...we are all hanging from a thread in this tapestry called life, aren't we?

& love & light to you as well!
7L
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Master
Thank you for your kind thoughts Smiler and 7L, Michelle actually knew the poem 7L, and she said that it is indeed a beautiful poem.

Well I'm feeling a lot better lately, been doing a bit of therapy, just digging anything that is still hiding downstairs in the cellar, facing suppressed pain, like the fear I felt after being shot in my car. I remember when I got shot and the car came to a halt after spinning of the road, I laid there in the car fearing that the person who shot me would come to the car and shot me again. I know it all sounds that I am after sympathy but that's not what I want, I just want to throw it out there, to make it seen by myself and others, to me its exposing it, when you expose what's hidden, its no long hidden, if you know what I mean.

I think also that I had a lot of anger over my mother, she never let me grow as I was growing up, she wanted me for herself. When my father died at the age of 48, I wasn't game to leave my mom by herself, she gave me 20 thousand dollars to put a deposit ion a house, it all sounded great at the time but after time my mom still treated me like her little boy, if I brought someone home she wanted to know all about them, if she heard any noise she would ask me what was I doing upstairs, was i having sex, this made me feel so shameful.

my mom then a few years later was diagnosed with cancer, at this time I was losing work as a contract cleaner and couldn't keep up the payments for the house, interest rates were sky rocketing also, I had to tell mom that I can't afford the payments any longer and had to sell the house, and yet again more shame and guilt.

There!, i got that out in the open, yea yea, it feels great lol.