Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Knower
Was this my kundalini opening or do I have something majorly wrong, lol

I have recently been reading and learning a lot about kundalini, and a lot of people compare it to being struck by a lightning bolt. (in a good way, I guess? lol) Which led me to thinking...I've felt that same thing before a few times in the past, even long before I discovered spirituality and enlightenment, etc. I think each time it happened I was sleeping, or laying in bed either waking up or trying to fall asleep. I would feel a jolt of electricity in my spine, and it would push me forward and wake me up. I see a lot of people say the force of kundalini energy will move your body, almost like you're having convulsions. That is exactly how I would describe this. However, like I said, they always occur when I'm not even meditating, and even before I considered myself spiritual. Can it happen even then?

I am not even much of a meditator now, I try, but rarely do I stick with it, mostly because I don't even enter the alpha state which is what my goal is. I can do that much easier through ASMR (not sure if anyone here knows what that is, it's not a spiritual thing though).

Anyway, this jolt of electricity in my spine has only happened maybe 4 or 5 times ever (and I'm 43), so it's not like a regular thing. But I can't find anything else it could be, I've googled it and all that comes up is kundalini energy. I'm just confused how it would happen when I'm sleeping and when I am a horrible meditator, lol
Old 01-12-2015, 07:58 AM
Deactivated Account
Formal/intentional meditation practices or techniques are not a prerequisite for experiencing kundalini energy. That may be how some individuals come to experience it, but that's not the case for everyone.

Based on my own experiences and from reading the reports/accounts of others - symptoms/sensations relating to the stimulation of this internal energy seem to flare up or become more active when one is laying down resting/relaxing like we do just prior to sleep. Individuals tend to report significant activity and unusual experiences in this context/setting (in the time surrounding our normal sleeping hours).

I can't definitively say exactly what you are experiencing. Aside from what you've described above, have you been experiencing anything else internally over the past year or so that stands out as being unusual/abnormal and which has caught your attention?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Based on my own experiences and from reading the reports/accounts of others - symptoms/sensations relating to the stimulation of this internal energy seem to flare up or become more active when one is laying down resting/relaxing like we do just prior to sleep. Individuals tend to report significant activity and unusual experiences in this context/setting (in the time surrounding our normal sleeping hours).

I can't definitively say exactly what you are experiencing. Aside from what you've described above, have you been experiencing anything else internally over the past year or so that stands out as being unusual/abnormal and which has caught your attention?

Well nothing that I can't explain, lol Like I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times which is awesome, I love it because I'm really interested in brainwave states and lucid dreaming, etc. so it helps me become more aware and more in control of those processes. Also not sure if it's part of that but when you feel your whole body buzzing and you actually hear it, when your body is going into sleep or coming out of sleep, it's not paralysis but it tends to happen around the same time.That doesn't happen on a regular basis either, though, but at least I know what is happening and it's a good thing.

Other than that, nothing unexplainable and abnormal, no.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
I think each time it happened I was sleeping, or laying in bed either waking up or trying to fall asleep. I would feel a jolt of electricity in my spine, and it would push me forward and wake me up. I see a lot of people say the force of kundalini energy will move your body, almost like you're having convulsions. That is exactly how I would describe this.

Hi AstraelLunaAvani (can I call you ALA?)

There is Kundalini (the power of God manifesting in the spine) and then there is prana (life force energy keeping things moving between the soul and the body it inhabits). Although in a greater sense the two are one and the same, prana being a sub-function of Kundalini, there is an important difference.

Kundalini experiences (however they manifest) lead to a change in one's awareness. If there is no change in awareness, then it's prana.

The way Kundalini experiences manifest are very individual, depending on where one is blocked. For example for people who get very strong physical reactions, then the first three chakras (root, sacral and navel) are involved. And then everybody experiences energy differently too. And it's never just one chakra being activated but they are all involved to various degrees. Anyway none of this matters. What matters is an improvement in your wellbeing at the least and if you are open to change, an expansion in your awareness.

Hope this info is useful.

p.s. Convulsions can also mean a brain issue - so don't rule that out - tell your doctor!!!
Old 02-12-2015, 05:52 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi AstraelLunaAvani (can I call you ALA?)

Sure!

Quote:
Kundalini experiences (however they manifest) lead to a change in one's awareness. If there is no change in awareness, then it's prana.

Ahh, I understand. I didn't think it was kundalini since I haven't had any drastic changes in awareness...actually I'm not even sure if you could call it awareness, whatever the official term for being spiritual is, lol I mean I have changed internally a lot, but nothing like having special powers or anything. I just feel like a different person.

Quote:
The way Kundalini experiences manifest are very individual, depending on where one is blocked. For example for people who get very strong physical reactions, then the first three chakras (root, sacral and navel) are involved. And then everybody experiences energy differently too. And it's never just one chakra being activated but they are all involved to various degrees. Anyway none of this matters. What matters is an improvement in your wellbeing at the least and if you are open to change, an expansion in your awareness.

I am open to change and expanding my awareness, I just think I suck at meditating which is what drags me down. But I have changed a lot in the last 7 years or so, not sure if that is just because I'm doing a lot of reading and evolving spiritually. Although sometimes I can't tell if I am just changing intellectually or in any other way too. I still have a lot of problems that never seem to go away, so I guess I still have a lot of work to do.

Quote:
p.s. Convulsions can also mean a brain issue - so don't rule that out - tell your doctor!!!

Well I didn't mean there was more than one, or like it lasted a long time like a seizure, it was just one jolt, it was over in 1 second. I actually haven't had one for years, I think the first one was about 25 years ago. So if there was something wrong, it would have gotten worse, if anything it stopped. I only brought up the subject because I have been researching kundalini the last few days and was wondering if what I experienced in the past was that or not. I really don't think it was though, since like you said my awareness didn't change, and they were so spread out over many years, few and far between, that they didn't correlate with my spiritual journey. That's only been the last 7 or 8 years.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Master
Fish

Hi ALA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani
Ahh, I understand. I didn't think it was kundalini since I haven't had any drastic changes in awareness...actually I'm not even sure if you could call it awareness, whatever the official term for being spiritual is, lol I mean I have changed internally a lot, but nothing like having special powers or anything. I just feel like a different person.

Changes in awareness can take time, don't have to be drastic (in fact they usually are not), special powers are not part of awakening in the beginning stages - usually these come when the brow chakra is opening more. Enlightenment is a very gradual process. If you feel like a different person, that IS a change in awareness. Kundalini can be as gentle as a feather.

Quote:
I am open to change and expanding my awareness, I just think I suck at meditating which is what drags me down. But I have changed a lot in the last 7 years or so, not sure if that is just because I'm doing a lot of reading and evolving spiritually. Although sometimes I can't tell if I am just changing intellectually or in any other way too. I still have a lot of problems that never seem to go away, so I guess I still have a lot of work to do.

Sounds like you have a sincere desire to evolve spiritually. Meditation is not the only path or the exclusive path. The Divine responds to our heart's desire not only our mental effort. Of course, both is better.

Quote:
Well I didn't mean there was more than one, or like it lasted a long time like a seizure, it was just one jolt, it was over in 1 second. I actually haven't had one for years, I think the first one was about 25 years ago. So if there was something wrong, it would have gotten worse, if anything it stopped. I only brought up the subject because I have been researching kundalini the last few days and was wondering if what I experienced in the past was that or not. I really don't think it was though, since like you said my awareness didn't change, and they were so spread out over many years, few and far between, that they didn't correlate with my spiritual journey. That's only been the last 7 or 8 years.

Not to scare you but I knew someone who had 1 small seizure and many months later discovered he had a brain tumour. The thing about Kundalini awakening is that once the block is cleared, there's no reason to have that experience again, instead we tend to get different kinds of experiences related to different kinds of blockages according to the chakras being opened/developed.

Our mind and our egos are also involved and I've seen people who are in love with their spiritual experience and so attached to it that they consciously or unconsciously make it repeat over and over long after Kundalini has moved on and the experience is no longer necessary. So with you it could be a combination of mind and Kundalini, brain issue, or Kundalini alone - trust your gut instinct, and pray for more clarity about what to do. Kundalini is connected to the intelligence of the entire Universe and your guides will help you from within and without.

Best wishes
Uma
Old 02-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi ALA

Changes in awareness can take time, don't have to be drastic (in fact they usually are not), special powers are not part of awakening in the beginning stages - usually these come when the brow chakra is opening more. Enlightenment is a very gradual process. If you feel like a different person, that IS a change in awareness. Kundalini can be as gentle as a feather.

Oh, well in that case, it's possible I guess. It would make sense that there wouldn't be overnight changes.

Quote:
Sounds like you have a sincere desire to evolve spiritually. Meditation is not the only path or the exclusive path. The Divine responds to our heart's desire not only our mental effort. Of course, both is better.

I love to learn and I love to live as naturally as possible. Slowly, more and more stuff about my life I have this strong desire to change because I feel like I'm purging my life of all things unpure so anything unnatural needs to go, and anything that isn't serving me well.

Quote:
Not to scare you but I knew someone who had 1 small seizure and many months later discovered he had a brain tumour. The thing about Kundalini awakening is that once the block is cleared, there's no reason to have that experience again, instead we tend to get different kinds of experiences related to different kinds of blockages according to the chakras being opened/developed.

Months later? How about years later, lol I think the last time it happened was a decade or so. Oh well, I don't have insurance anyway.