Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-02-2022, 08:19 AM
Master
Post ''Now you shall have a staff, and yet you shall not have it''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
They disagreed on how many men were in the tomb also, one or two?

Huge dilemma!!

As for the staff.....

Mark and Luke have an argument about scripture. To journey with a staff or with no staff..
What would happen if god came down? Behold! God came down from the heavens. He takes the staff, breaks it in two, gives one half to Mark and the other half to Luke.

''Now you shall have a staff, and yet you shall not have it'' god said. Mark receives his part and Luke the other part. They shaked each other's hand and went separate ways, spreading the gospel.

Years later they return to the place, to mark their unity and and share in their journeys. Both men had their group of followers with them, spreading the news of god and the revelation of the staff. But Mark was a bit shocked by Luke's staff. ''How can you be so callous? The staff god gave you is a mess. Why don't you clean it?'' to which Luke replies, ''I keep it as god intended it. This is the part I was given''. Mark did not understand. All this time, he kept his staff clean. He honoured god by keeping the staff clean, and here was this man, thinking he could make a mockery of god almighty! ''You are a disgrace!'' he shouted, to which Luke replied ''..but mine's bigger than yours anyway!''

Mark and Luke, and their followers would get into more heated arguments and soon went their separate ways again...
Old 27-02-2022, 08:36 AM
Master
'The Gospel of the Staff' Post 83
Old 02-03-2022, 07:30 AM
PureEvil760

Jesus once said, 'There is nothing I have that you do not, the only difference between us now is I have nothing else.'
Old 24-03-2022, 07:32 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Of course....... the King James.... so I can continue doing whatever I am doing that is 'wrong'.
Now.... if I was exercising faith in him (Jesus), then I might have to mend my ways. but then, a few "Hail Marys" is probably all I would have to do.

Big John,

I must agree. Exercising implies a continual striving. That translates into a judgement of works….not the way to grace. Belief is belief….you either do or do not. Our one time belief is our salvation…..just as the one time death of Christ was sufficient……