Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 15-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Moral/Ethical question> Married Twin Flames

I have heard many twin flame stories where the man or the woman is married yet they find their twin female outside the marriage and end up having an affair (for a lack of better word). Some leave the current spouses and some don’t.

This is a question to folks who don’t end up leaving. How do you cope up with the guilt? (if you have any). I understand the concept of twin flames (I am with mine) but are we losing the sanctity of marriage? When you get married to someone (and while you are married), isn’t there a bond that gets attached and should be respected. If you don’t believe in it, then you shouldn’t be married in the first place.

I am going to quote Gita and say “You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty”. Isn’t it our duty to be faithful ?

Having feelings is natural but what if you go beyond that and end up spending time with your TF. Are you not morally cheating with yourself and your spouse?

And if you happen to be on the other side (your TF is married), what about your consciousness? If your TF doesn’t end up leaving his/her spouse,what position does that leave you? Shouldn’t you back off no matter how magical the love was, because the bottom line is even with the connection, he/she happen to choose their partners? I know it’s not so black and white but then why is it not? Shouldn’t it be as simple as setting rules of yourself that protect your morally and karmic-ally.I wouldn’t even imagine what the spouse would have to go through if they discover it.

I completely agree with the concept of twin flames but sometimes it’s hard for me understand this moral question. I met my TF when he was with his GF (not even married or engaged). We knew we were meant to be, but I waited for him to cut of his old connection before we took any steps partly because I didn’t want to cause pain to his GF (A basic human sentiment) or probably me and didn’t want the unnecessary baggage. Had he not left, I would have never pursued no matter how hard it would be on me.

As I awaken more, the one thing I notice is how sensitive I am becoming to feeling for others. Causing someone pain would be the last thing in my mind even if the other person happen to be very inconsiderate etc. (i.e. the TF’s spouse or kids..)

But I do want to hear what other people think esp. since I have never personally gone through this scenario.
Old 16-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Lorelyen

People find all sorts of excuses around the principle "the grass is always greener on the other side. They're married but the excitement of the initial sexual encounter that leads them to think they love each other has cooled a bit. They see someone else they fancy, find (while they're on the "best behaviour" phase) they have the right things in resonance... then give it a go.

On rare occasions people in long term relationships do suddenly find exactly the right person extra-maritally but mostly they're bored with their existing arrangement, everything turned to routines and staying together for convenience and/or doing their duty to their children.

I'd need to be very sure someone I just met was a "twin flame" but you can't really find that out until you've spend a lot of time together.

Old 29-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Smile Wedding vows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
People find all sorts of excuses around the principle "the grass is always greener on the other side. They're married but the excitement of the initial sexual encounter that leads them to think they love each other has cooled a bit. They see someone else they fancy, find (while they're on the "best behaviour" phase) they have the right things in resonance... then give it a go.
IMO, it 'cools' because the partners have no clue how to keep it hot and getting even hotter. If they took their vows, they need to honor them and figure out how to KEEP THEM. Oddly, it is seldom stated by the preacher exactly how to love, honor and stay loyal to one's partner until dead. Too bad most marriages do not have a relationships book included such as one by Barbara DeAngelis!

Quote:
On rare occasions people in long term relationships do suddenly find exactly the right person extra-maritally but mostly they're bored with their existing arrangement, everything turned to routines and staying together for convenience and/or doing their duty to their children.

We can find exactly the right person (TF?) and then fail to make it right if we have no idea HOW to make it work and, IMO, there is no worse crime than forcing innocent kids to endure a life with unhappy parents!

Quote:
I'd need to be very sure someone I just met was a "twin flame" but you can't really find that out until you've spend a lot of time together.
Even 'time together' will not make it work if the partners do not know how to make it work.
Old 29-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Suspended

I feel as if a lot of people focus a lot on the romantic aspect of the TF concept, when in actuality the purpose of such a connection (as I understand it) means feeling complete and whole with yourself first to the end point where you do not *need* to be with this other person in the physical...I feel as if it's the illusion of separation which drives a lot of people to desire to be with their TF...and once you realize there is no real separation in the spiritual level you can go about your day doing your normal thing without pining for them...