Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 21-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Anyone else out there having a hard time being "awake"?

I'm posting this because i'd like to hear from others like me. The spiritual milieu is the place where I seem to find people I most relate to, hence why i'm posting here. I personally don't subscribe to any set of beliefs, I don't consider myself a believer in any kind of New Age movement, and I don't necessarily consider myself a starseed or Indigo(though I do heavily fit the descriptions), i'm just a philosophical-minded person who enjoys dabbling in things, and I certainly have a different perspective on the world and society than the majority of people. Well, the people that i'm around, that is.

I would like to hear of other peoples experiences of waking up and being awake. Of no longer buying into the of society, of the media, of the cycle of life. I just want to connect with others like me. At the moment, i'm around people who still buy into this stuff, and it makes me feel like i'm not in the right "habitat" for me, which makes me feel lost and empty, I suppose. Like I really need to shake things up, drop everything and get a new life, a new life for the new me that sees things in this new way. I've been like this for a while now, and like many people, this "awakening" came forth from depression(something I do, and think I may always struggle with).

I don't want to start rambling on though, so I should stop here. That's just a brief outline of me. I could go on forever talking about my contempt for the media, TV, celebrities, newspapers, the cycle of school-work-retirement-die, but hopefully, if you're like me, you'll already know what I would say about that. And if you do, then please reply telling me a bit about your awakening experience, the struggles you've faced, and your feelings about things in general. It'd really help :)

Last edited by Clover : 11-03-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 21-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Master
Hello,

We are all unique so being awake will mean different things to different people. I like to read specific kinds of channeled material about the times we are in as humans. I find that it motivates me even when I do not agree with a presented theme.

For quite some time I have been inclined to ignore media, TV, and those mundane life views. As a child I was the outcast with my family. My wake up call came over 20 years ago. I added a perception to my overall perspective about life and started to read up on things of interest to me.

Our culture is motivated to seek authorities on every aspect of life. For those of us who wish to be our own authority on what is best for us, it is hard. Those that think for them self this way are unusual. Yet in my view, it is the best way to learn things that are helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Master

Hello.

Welcome

It can take a little while for the external life to catch up with the inner life. I experienced 'awakening' 3 years ago now and has taken a few years for my outer life to catch up.

Many of my psychological struggles completely went away with my awakening but there were a few which were so deeply imprinted that it took more concious work and commitment to healing.

One thing which I have only just realised is that it is a continuous journey though which begins with awakening. For a while I sort of thought that the awakening was the destination.
Old 21-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Ascender

well you know i think life is amazing
but yes tv and such i am not in to never watch it
seems to have some vibe to it that feels bad
I have no tv also life radio i find no good same thing
strange vibe that says to me i dont like this
so its easy , am not in to those things
i am into what i do like :-)
Old 21-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Deactivated Account
I wouldn't know where to begin describing my experience to you, hehe... It spanned across about 6 or so years...

What I will say is that your sense of frustration with what you've become aware of around you is kinda like a necessary phase that you enter into and then you push yourself forward and pass through it. Please note - I'm not saying you will revert back to any former state of awareness or become like you were in the past (that's not possible anyway). I think once individuals have sufficiently questioned and become aware of the ways of the physical world - they find themselves moving onto questioning the nature of physical reality itself and seeking knowledge/awareness of what lies beyond this physical dimension. So it's sort of like a natural progression. You figure out what's going on at one level, then you move onto exploring the next (higher) level. The whole time you are cultivating a certain degree or state of awareness and that's what this 'waking up' or 'awakening' is all about. The transformation of your state of awareness (state of being)....

So I say to you, keep on going! More in store for you and to discover within yourself... Adjusting and acclimating to your findings just comes with the territory and you will rebound accordingly...

Also, I think it's good that you're seeking out like-minded individuals... It seems for many of us the internet has been the primary means by which we are able to find and connect with others we can really relate to and who can relate to us...

Old 09-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Seeker
Personally, I've had a hard time growing up. At a young age, I started to awaken spiritually. I found myself drawn to the ancient teachings that many people call esoteric and occult. It's hard still because I feel like I'm seeing things out of a different lens than everyone else. I don't have anyone at school I can talk to about these things, and frankly, school is really hard for me because the more I awaken, the less I care about the work someone gives me. What's more is that the more I awaken, the fewer friends I have because they seem to be afraid of me. I try to stay in the vibration of love, but sometimes it's easy to sink into despair and hatred for the system I am powerless within.

I definitely know the struggle. That's why I joined this website. I guess I'm tired of feeling alone when I know perfectly well there's a whole community of people similar to me.

I hope this helps. Just know you're not alone, even when it feels like you are.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix13

I definitely know the struggle. That's why I joined this website. I guess I'm tired of feeling alone when I know perfectly well there's a whole community of people similar to me.

I hope this helps. Just know you're not alone, even when it feels like you are.

There really is a whole community here that is eager to support those new ways of thinking and being.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Pathfinder
I did never really fit in, so it wasn't much of a change when I started to break free of the shackles of societally acceptable thought practices.

I now walk the mindful path, I know what is important and the "struggles" have no effect on me. I am utterly at peace, blissful even.

Different yes, difficult no.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Knower
I come from a Christian background, but partly due to my own personal spiritual experiences, grew increasingly alienated from the whole culture surrounding it. The other half was the cognitive dissonance which so permeates it. I found that same dissonance permeates virtually every nook and cranny of society. Everywhere you turn to find answers, you will find some kind of cult mindset or cult-of-personality guru who is more concerned with selling themselves and the niche they've mastered, than they are actual honest exploration or getting at the truth.

This has resulted in forging my own path, and taking what I can from different theories and traditions. I don't consider myself Christian or New Age, Buddhist or anything else really but each has some thing or another correct or in the ballpark. It's also led me through numerous angles in regard to whether history and religious texts have been manipulated, or whether this is all an elaborate chess game being played by some manner of hidden forces. This is our natural instinct, to want to blame something or someone and say "they're the ones who are against me, and ruining my life". But moving beyond this, to something slightly more constructive, it has also led me to study all the different ways that people are "spiritual" and what that word means to them and how it causes them to lead their lives.

But this makes me forever the outsider. Why did I choose this, when it makes companionship so difficult? When people look at me as either the backsliding heathen, or the kook? The one who won't "get with the program".

We have to have outsiders, though. To survive, the outsider must learn to be accepting when necessary or merited. To not always be the cold skeptic, but actually live with empathy. Is it "fake" when stepping into a circle and taking on their lingo and respecting their traditions? Is it a betrayal of everything one knows? No. It is a necessity to understand and to bridge gaps. Very few people are capable of playing such a role, but it's one that is nonetheless necessary for humanity's growth.

Just a few thoughts on the matter...
Old 11-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Experiencer
Yep

Try to visit a sacred site. Go out in nature.Climb a mountain or something. It helps :-)