Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-05-2015, 01:52 AM
Seeker

Lightbulb Upper chakras open Lower chakras closed

I have been practicing opening my chakras for some time now. I feel as if my upper chakras above my heart are open and balanced. But my heart and most of my lower chakras are closed. My most concern is my heart chakra though. It has been closed for quite some time (years) and I find the only thing that will open it up is when I am falling in love with another person. Obviously that doesn't happen often.

What are your thoughts on this?

I moved to a new city last year and have had difficulty making and keeping good friends. Sure, I meet people and have been on some dates but the people end up disappointing me or hurting me in some way or I just can't trust them (for valid reasons not stuff I made up in my head.) I feel lonely and spend much of my time alone. I feel like I do not even belong on this Earth because of the lack of connection everyday. I go to my yoga studio almost everyday and it just seems impossible to connect or make a new friend there. Some days I don't even talk to a single person.

I feel that I have the ability to open my heart but when I do I will be extremely vulnerable to another man who may very well hurt me because I am so trusting and open with him. It will be like I never learned any lessons from my past dating mistakes. I could've dated a man earlier this year who wanted a relationship with me but I just knew in my heart he was not right or truly good for me.

Any suggestions or comments or helpful words about opening my heart without falling in love with someone?
I am already practicing eagle pose, camel pose, backbends. I express myself and cry when I feel the need to. I get out in nature and surround myself with greenery. I do meditations and visualizations sending green energy to my heart and throughout my body. I do not dwell on past loves. I chant "YAM" and tap my heart. I say affirmations like "compassion and wise love fill all the rooms of my heart."
I'm really trying here. I want to feel open and feel love. And most of all get rid of this lonely feeling that I am surrounded by everyday.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:04 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxc910
I have been practicing opening my chakras for some time now. I feel as if my upper chakras above my heart are open and balanced. But my heart and most of my lower chakras are closed. My most concern is my heart chakra though. It has been closed for quite some time (years) and I find the only thing that will open it up is when I am falling in love with another person. Obviously that doesn't happen often.

Waitress: Would you like another cup of coffee, Ma'am?
Customer: Perhaps a half cup, dear.
Waitress: Excellent! Top half or bottom, Ma'am?

I do know there are many teachings that I am not familiar with, but my teaching on chakras compares them to a volcano. It would be difficult to envision a volcano erupting without lava from below pushing it.

Quote:
I moved to a new city last year and have had difficulty making and keeping good friends. Sure, I meet people and have been on some dates but the people end up disappointing me or hurting me in some way or I just can't trust them (for valid reasons not stuff I made up in my head.)

I think we may have different definitions for the word 'friend'. I have been wrong before though. :) I'm on the sunset side of a century however, and I've only ever had one friend. But from what I know of that friendship, she is not capable of disappointing or hurting me.

Even ignoring her special status in my life, it is not possible. Nothing anyone says about me, what they do to me, or even what they think of me, is about me. It is about them. But even ignoring this, she could not hurt me.

Quote:
I feel lonely and spend much of my time alone.

An important distinction that few understand.

Quote:
...I feel that I have the ability to open my heart but when I do I will be extremely vulnerable to another man who may very well hurt me because I am so trusting and open with him.

Yes. Two choices. We choose vulnerability because it's worth it. But you knew that already. ;)

Quote:
It will be like I never learned any lessons from my past dating mistakes.

Certainly not! Going back into the fray with your eyes open is a testament to courage! The reason we don't stay with our first 'love' is because we were incapable of love. You have to know what you are risking to appreciate the gift your partner is giving you. We don't risk anything until we've been hurt.

Quote:
I could've dated a man earlier this year who wanted a relationship with me but I just knew in my heart he was not right or truly good for me.

Well done. It's tough not to drink the sea water when the sun has been beating on you as you've drifted for the last three days on your raft in the middle of the ocean.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Master

Quote:

I moved to a new city last year and have had difficulty making and keeping good friends. Sure, I meet people and have been on some dates but the people end up disappointing me or hurting me in some way or I just can't trust them (for valid reasons not stuff I made up in my head.) I feel lonely and spend much of my time alone. I feel like I do not even belong on this Earth because of the lack of connection everyday. I go to my yoga studio almost everyday and it just seems impossible to connect or make a new friend there. Some days I don't even talk to a single person.

I feel that I have the ability to open my heart but when I do I will be extremely vulnerable to another man who may very well hurt me because I am so trusting and open with him. It will be like I never learned any lessons from my past dating mistakes. I could've dated a man earlier this year who wanted a relationship with me but I just knew in my heart he was not right or truly good for me.

Any suggestions or comments or helpful words about opening my heart without falling in love with someone?
I am already practicing eagle pose, camel pose, backbends. I express myself and cry when I feel the need to. I get out in nature and surround myself with greenery. I do meditations and visualizations sending green energy to my heart and throughout my body. I do not dwell on past loves. I chant "YAM" and tap my heart. I say affirmations like "compassion and wise love fill all the rooms of my heart."
I'm really trying here. I want to feel open and feel love. And most of all get rid of this lonely feeling that I am surrounded by everyday.

Fall in love with yourself. Love every single aspect and part of you and you'll love all that is as is.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Master

when Lancelot was being trained by the wizard. there came a time that he had to leave behind the things of youth. he could not progress without leaving. you never get to second base if you keep holding onto first.

i know it is not popular to leave the heart behind but there is more, there is always more. the 8th thru the 12 chakras are the next step, the third base if you will.

in your later years. it is something i am finding out. the wisdom years. the old crone years. wisdom and understanding is so much better then love. working with the new set of chakras is great. the unity/8th is at the back and base of the head. it is the bridge between spirit and material. the next step/base. are the double named chakras. root/base. instead of setting up the base of yourself, you now can look to the roots of whom you are. the sacral/plexus too have two purposes. especially the third eye and the brow.

i know the olders are not looked at the same as the young or the middle years. that is why these chakras are not as well known. it is time to start the next step. the next base. do not worry about leaving the heart behind. the wisdom is so much more interesting.

once this is done, you can set your eyes on the next base,. ...home.

kk
Old 06-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoeMay2015
Yes. Two choices. We choose vulnerability because it's worth it. But you knew that already. ;)

That there... I have not found anyone in a few years who is worth the vulnerability. Is it really just me?? Other people seem to have friends and lovers, right??
Old 06-05-2015, 06:30 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

Quote:
That there... I have not found anyone in a few years who is worth the vulnerability. Is it really just me?? Other people seem to have friends and lovers, right??

The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation. - Thoreau

Thoreau knew that people take friends and lovers because people are drawn to have friends and lovers. In fact, the draw is so strong that people seldom wait and either settle or gamble.

Settling is simply understood by most. The old saying, 'The girls get prettier at closer time' is a fact. The more desperate people get, the more they are willing to settle.

Some folks gamble rather than continue to be alone. They date someone for a while (sometimes a very little while) and decide that this quickening of their heart is love. It didn't that last forty-two times my heart quickened but I ignore that because I want to have love and maybe, maybe...there's a chance cause he's over 6 ft. tall like I've always wanted with blonde hair and brown eyes. Which is kind of what I wanted but brown eyes are nice too... he could be the one! Let's gamble! Except, unlike Vegas, what happens here doesn't stay here but usually ends up on Facebook where I share my next disaster with all my friends and their friends.

I've got my wife. She's also my best friend. That's it. Every relationship takes energy. You only have a finite amount. Spend it wisely. I spend time with my wife and the remaining time I spend with myself. I enjoy both immensely. If I get a new friend, I have to take time away from my time with my wife or my time with myself. Why gamble that this person is going to be a better friend to me than my wife or than I am to myself?

I get it that for most people, having only one person you want in your life is not a good choice - but it works for me and the principle works too, regardless of how many friends and lovers you include. Wait, gamble or settle are your choices.

Every relationship that doesn't work out hurts you. And every relationship ends except the last one. Why take the ones that will cause you pain?