Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM
simyboye

Meditation and guides

Hello there, I hope your all well and happy?

I wonder if someone could shed some insight? When I meditate and try communicating with my guide (of which I haven't yet) after about 5 minutes of meditating, a strange thing happens with my head, it's like I become for want of a better mind, wired.

I then can't get to sleep for ages afterwards. Sometimes upto 3hrs...zzz!

Does anyone know why or what's happening. I feel very clear and almost hyper alert, but no good for when I'm about to go to sleep.

Thank you in advance for your help.
James
Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Deactivated Account
hi james welcome, that happens to me too, i go on a 'high' change the time of day you meditate how about getting up a little earlier and doing it then, might be worth a try but please do try and fit it in somewhere, you're guide will make him/herself known to you at some point i'm sure
Old 10-02-2007, 11:50 PM
simyboye

Hi there,
I was always under the impression that its best to meditate, OBE etc in the evening? Maybe I'm being nieve...

Thanks for your reply anyway
Love and Light
James
x
Old 10-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Deactivated Account
not necessarily, people are often really drowsy at night and end up falling asleep anyway, i don't see how it matters when you do it just as long as you do do it (that is of course if you want to)
Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 AM
curious1

Hi Simyboye, I also wake up completely when I have a deep meditation, who knows why.....
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyboye
Hello there, I hope your all well and happy?

I wonder if someone could shed some insight? When I meditate and try communicating with my guide (of which I haven't yet) ........

Does anyone know why or what's happening. I feel very clear and almost hyper alert, but no good for when I'm about to go to sleep.

James, why are you trying to communicate with someone you don't know?

As far as time, I meditate twice a day, in the morning and afternoon, but I prefer morning meditation.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM
simyboye

[quote=kris]James, why are you trying to communicate with someone you don't know?

I'm looking to increase in my spiritual development.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account
people won't get to know their guides if they don't try to communicate with them will they??
Old 11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Master

Expectations

I have never meditated with the expectation that someone, a spirit guide if you will, will pop up to aid me in my spiritual development. I am not even sure I know what a spirit guide is. Following Indian tradition, I meditate to get closer to god and to understand myself and life better. For about a year, I have also been meditating with a Zen group led by a Chinese Buddhist initiate. In this meditation also, there is no expectation of hooking up with a spirit guide. All I can suggest is that we should be open to the possibility that spiritual development is attainable without help from spirit guides, whoever they are.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Deactivated Account
oh yeah i'm not disputing that kris, but for people who do want discover their guides, meditation can really help.
of course meditation alone can bring you closer to god, reduce stress and assist in a multitude of ways without ever contacting a guide it all depends on the individual and what they hope to gain from it.
Closed Thread